Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Aunt Lydia is terrible, no doubt, but Ann Dowd's performance is so powerful that it's hard to look away. I can't think of a better actress working today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

I definitely feel like Lydia worked with kids in some way.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Take Back The Night goes back to the '70s. The Handmaid's Tale was published in 1985.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

I could see Aunt Lydia being like a twisted version of the schoolteacher in Children of Men. Maybe a spinster who couldn't have children and was really affected by the decreasing number of children in her classroom over time.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

resting mitch face posted:

On a somewhat related note, I had a hankering to watch Gypsy the other night. The one on prime (and netflix I think) is the one with Bette Midler that was done in the early 90s. Soon as the movie started I was like wait, that kid looks like Elizabeth Moss.

And yes, it very much is Elizabeth Moss as young Louise.

She was also in Picket Fences around the same time/age as a precarious child always getting into trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

precision posted:

HOLY poo poo

I loved that show and even rewatched season 1 recently and never noticed.

I've been rewatching the series and noticed her in an episode where her mother made her put a shoe in her mouth. She's in a good portion of seasons one and two.

• Locked thread