Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

RCarr posted:

Do I still take Guice with the #2 pick in my dynasty league?

A knee sprain should not be altering your dynasty rankings, so yes.

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Just pulled for draft order in my 12 team PPR work league and got #3.

Are we worried about the shittiness of the Cardinals with respect to David Johnson? I presume Gurley/Bell will go 1-2 and while AB84 is tempting I feel like I need to take one of the bellcow backs. DJ is definitely the pick over Zeke, right? Just checking my gut.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

sourdough posted:

I don't think there's any good reason to have DJ definitely over Zeke. I'd lean Zeke, but more due to uncertainty over Cardinals' offense being inept with new QB, new coach, etc. But no strong argument against DJ if you like him more.

I feel more comfortable with Zeke's floor but feel like DJ has the higher PPR ceiling. I have serious concerns about that Arizona offense though, so maybe it's better to make the "safe" pick in Zeke.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

Straight out of the 4for4 AMA on Reddit that is currently going on.

Thanks for this. Those answers make me think they'd give DJ the slight edge in full PPR.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

coronaball posted:

Both Bell and Zeke are facing likely yearlong bans if they have any more off the field issues, whereas Davod Johnson appears to be an angel. I think they are both past that stuff, but it's still a non-zero risk.

This is a good and fair point when evaluating players that are more or less a coinflip choice.

e: I might try and do something like offer 3+27 for 4+21 to the guy picking 4th. Wouldn't mind moving up at the 2/3 turn and being happy with whichever of DJ and Zeke falls to me.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I'd also just rather cheer for David Johnson the human than Ezekiel Elliott the human, so barring any significant news through the rest of the preseason I'll probably lean that way.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

IKillForPie posted:

Does anyone mind giving me a bit of input/thoughts before my draft later this week. It's a 1ppr keeper league, I get to keep 2 players off this team and any rookies (which I don't have so it doesn't matter).

Anyway, I'm completely hamstrung because I have basically 1 sure fire pick (Bell), and then have to choose between 1 of 3 other potential prospects: McCoy, Hill or Hilton. I'm super torn...

On one hand, McCoy could be a total bust pending whatever happens with this legal stuff going on with him. Hill is probably one of my favorite current players in the league but I'm sort of uncertain about Mahomes, and Hilton could be a great WR pickup with Luck back in action. Thoughts?

If there's no cost associated with them I would keep Hilton.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I'm guessing I should keep Brown and Zeke since they're basically both 1st round ADP?

Correct.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Ben Nevis posted:

With the Travis Frederick news maybe downgrading Zeke a bit isn't crazy.

Yeah I was leaning DJ at 3 anyways, but this basically erases any doubt I had about that decision.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Drafting 3rd in the my PPR work league in 2 hours. Expected and was happy to get DJ, but what do I do if he goes 2nd? Do I take Le'Veon at 3? I just want DJ now...

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

It is full PPR. It feels wrong to not take one of the bellcows at 3, but I can certainly see the argument for AB.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I went with Kamara at 3. Perhaps I should have gone with AB but I feel okay about it.

Bell fell to 7.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

For posterity, here's my roster from that 12 team PPR league I drafted today:

QB: Ben (Wentz stashed on IR)
WR: Juju, Cooks, Watkins, Lockett (return yards league), Edelman
RB: Kamara, D. Freeman, R. Freeman, Cohen, Booker
TE: Olsen
D/ST: Ravens

Pretty happy with that roster. Thoughts? Yahoo projections are useless, but with the return yard points Lockett is actually my highest projected receiver for the season...snapped him up in the 10th.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

pubic works project posted:

I really like that roster. Good depth across the board. What do you start? 3 WRs? Or 2 and a flex?

2 WR and a flex, so I'm feeling good about my depth across the board and weekly options.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

alright this is important info that you left out when you were talking about scoring...how many return yards per point?

Important to who to take at 3rd overall? Don't think any of them are returning kicks.

It's 20 yards per point.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Who do I drop in PPR between Kenny Stills, Jamison Crowder, Michael Crabtree, Tyler Lockett, Jeremy Hill for

Theo Riddick and a DST.

I'm thinking Lockett and Hill?

Hill is an easy drop. I like Lockett as WR depth this year with the potential for a mini-breakout, but it looks like you're pretty deep at WR so he's the guy I'd drop of those 4 if you really need Riddick.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I drafted Goedert in the 2nd last round of the Goon Fish Bowl and that's exclusively a "maybe Zach Ertz will get hurt" play.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gordon is not someone that I feel comfortable starting this week.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Made a fantasy GDT: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3868122

Devonta Freeman owners come join me in lamenting the fact that Freeman failed to score on 4 opportunities inside the 5.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Buane posted:

General FFB question for you all because I'm curious. For redraft leagues, do you prefer a league with:

A small bench, so that it emphasizes waiver play, planning ahead, balancing short-term vs. long-term prospects week-to-week

or

A large bench, so that it emphasizes the importance of the draft, doing your research leading up to the draft, identifying sleepers long before they break out

I think both have their place and it comes down to the competitiveness of the league.

My family league with people that don't know a whole lot about football? Shorter benches with quality players available on the wire.

Competitive league? I like deep benches and a serviceable but shallow waiver wire.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RCarr posted:

Yea I guess I’ll make the move. I just have a hard time believing a QB throwing to Marvin Jones will have a better year than a QB throwing to Antonio Brown.

He literally did this last year.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gay Horney posted:

I have Jordan Reed and Evan Engram. Feel like reeds gonna go off against these cards and Engram is gonna poo poo the bed against the jags. Talk me out of making a bad decision here team

Also should I bench Adam Thielen for James white?

I also have a team with a Reed/Engram tandem and I am starting Reed.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RCarr posted:

Raise your hand if you own Jaylen Samuels.

So we can laugh at you.

From the sit/start thread:

RCarr posted:

Pick one, 0.5 ppr

Greg Olsen vs Dallas
Tyler Eifert @ Indy
Jaylen Samuels @ Cleveland

:thunk:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RCarr posted:

I don’t own him though? Unless asking about someone means I own him now. If I had picked him up I would gladly laugh at myself.

You should still laugh at yourself for even entertaining the idea of starting him.

Also probably worth indicating in the sit/start thread that you would have to drop someone in order to start a guy you've listed. That weighs into the decision.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RCarr posted:

I had an open roster spot, friendo. And I’m fine with laughing at myself for considering it. I’ll just laugh harder at the people who actually did it. :)

Well now I'm going to laugh at you for not immediately filling an empty roster slot!

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

I should win tonight (need Bilal Powell to score less than 35ish in 0.5 PPR). Happy with my team's performance overall but I played the Henry/Lewis game and lost. I think I'm going to have to cut one of them because I can't be dealing with this every week. Henry had the most targets but Lewis the most touches. What's the preference going forward?

Do not cut either of them. You can try to trade one of them, but do not straight up cut them.

I'd prefer Lewis, personally.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

This is a 3WR/3RB/Flex league so everyone is stacked at RB already, so I'm not sure what (if any) trade value I can get for them. Pretty much everyone else has better RBs than I do (though I've got the best WRs), but I'll see if I can flip Henry.

Who would you be dropping them for? It being a 3RB league makes them both even more valuable, not less. Either would almost certainly get picked up immediately if you cut them.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Corey Coleman to the Pats.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

MrSargent posted:

Currently have Jack Doyle as my starting TE but the following players are on the wire and I am wondering if they are worth grabbing instead. Half-PPR, 12-team.

Jared Cook
Will Dissly
Eric Ebron

Also, as the Fournette owner, which RB would you grab to back him up? I have never been impressed with Yeldon, even though he is the obvious choice.

Austin Ekeler
Phillip Lindsey
TJ Yeldon

Keep Doyle and grab Yeldon.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

coronaball posted:

So apparently you can put an "Out" player in the IR spot on Yahoo? That's not what I wanted when I added the IR spot, I only wanted it for players on the actual IR. Is there a way to turn that off? I need to figure this out for the Olson owners in my leagues.

I don't believe you can turn it off.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

dkj posted:

Offered Burkhead and Fuller for Fournette. Seems fair given the uncertainty, but really doubt many would take it.

It's a fair trade, no?

That's...very bad.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

MrSargent posted:

Thanks! Would you stick with Doyle because he seemed to have a solid year last year with poo poo quarterbacks and having Luck back should help? The only thing that concerned me was seeing how much Ebron was used in the passing game.

Ebron ended up with a nice line but Doyle clearly outsnapped and out-routed him. Plus yeah, Luck looked good.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Lost Olsen and am stashing Wentz. Should I offer Mahomes to the QB-needy Reed/Kittle owner for a TE?

Or is Mahomes the 2018 Deshaun Watson and I should look to move Wentz?

e: Full PPR league and I grabbed RSJ as my fill-in TE

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RCarr posted:

Dear Yahoo,

Please designate Doug Baldwin as OUT so I can stick him in my IR slot please.

This isn't a Yahoo thing; Yahoo is actually really quick to update statuses. Baldwin has not officially been ruled out, even though everyone knows he won't play.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Evig Vandrar posted:

Sterling Shepard is available in my 14 team standard league. Do I drop Robby Anderson for him?

Is Anderson your best drop? Seems unlikely in a 14 teamer.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Evig Vandrar posted:

Well the bench is

WR: Goodwin, Anderson, Ross (waiting to get dropped for Ingram, I hope), John Brown
RB: AP, Powell

I'd sit tight, personally.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RCarr posted:

Since they won't designate Baldwin as Out, I can't put him on IR in my Yahoo league. I have to drop someone for a Kicker. Who should I drop?

What's the rush? At least wait until tomorrow.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I would rather have Stafford than Ben, personally.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Pretty sure all players need to be active or ruled out. They can't just leave him as doubtful.

They may not rule him out until an hour before the game, but they have to rule him out if he isn't dressing for the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RCarr posted:

If they rule him inactive right before the game, his Yahoo designation has to change too? I'm not too knowledgeable on how that all works, but if that's the case then I will be fine. Thanks y'all.

Yes, Yahoo will update his status also. He will either be playing (he won't) or Yahoo will have him as Out - you just might have to check at 8 on Monday.

My money says he will be ruled out today.