Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Eli was fine the year before. Giants just had the worst O-line in the league last year. As well as losing their elite WR1. As well as having a non-existent running game. As well as having a terrible coach who lost his locker room.

I expect a big bounce back from Eli this year. He's not elite, but if you protect him, he will make the throws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So Sleeperbot does dynasty leagues now. I’m thinking of moving my NFL.com dynasty league there. I can’t do MFL, everyone in my league (including me) hates the layout/design, so I think this is our next best option.

However, I’m pretty sure no one in my league knows about or uses sleeperbot, so that’s giving up a pretty huge advantage for me... :gonk:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

sourdough posted:

Anything you need that fleaflicker can't do?

Was fleaflicker free last year? I remember deciding to go with NFL.com over fleaflicker last season, but now I'm not sure why.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

sourdough posted:

Yeah, always been free, main downside is no auction draft, and until this off-season, they didn't break out defensive positions, only had DL, LB, and DB, not separate DE, DT, CB, and S, but they just added that.

Ahh yeah we had an auction start up draft last year, so that was the deal breaker.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Mash

Edit: Way late

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Azhais posted:

Ingram is appealing saying he had an exemption anyway

lol

Has there ever been an instance where a player didn't appeal a suspension?

His appeal has already been denied, by the way.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sataere posted:

Is he the Kamara owner? Because if not, he didn't.

:thunk:

Usually in order for a fantasy player to be traded, he must have an owner.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Edit: Nvm

RCarr fucked around with this message at 21:14 on May 11, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So apparently Andrew Luck still isn’t throwing a football. I’m pretty sure I’m going to cut him in my dynasty league.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

He costs $13 in my salary cap league, and I already have Rivers, Goff, Keenum, and Bortles for like $2 a piece. Should I still let him burn a roster spot all season?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

You can’t trade him? Or two of those other qb’s?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Bortles is worthless. I would drop him before Luck. Unless this is a 2QB league I would be fine with Rivers and Goff, and if it is a 2QB league then Keenum would be a viable third.

sourdough posted:

What is your cap? Do % of cap, not $.

If 2 QB and the cap is like $200, keep all those guys and trade one or two if you need roster spots. Definitely don't straight up cut Bortles even though he sucks in real life football, and don't cut Luck before exploring trades.

If it's 1 QB, I'm with Beer and would keep just Rivers and Goff.

1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLEX. It's a dynasty league with a 25 man roster with 3 IR slots. $250 salary cap. Player salaries increase by $1 or 10% each year (whichever is higher). Here's my roster, with this year's salary next to each.

QB
P. Rivers - 2
J. Goff - 3
B. Bortles - 2
C. Keenum - 2
A. Luck - 13
RB
M. Ingram - 11
D. Lewis - 2
O. Darkwa - 2
R. Burkhead - 4
T. Montgomery - 10
C. Carson - 2
J. Conner - 3
WR
A. Brown - 51
D. Hopkins - 26
D. Thomas - 21
M. Evans - 55
R. Anderson - 3
A. Jeffery - 21
M. Crabtree - 17
K. Benjamin - 10
D. Westbrook - 2
A. Robinson - 12
K. White - 2
M. Mitchell - 2
D. Funchess - 2
TE
T. Kelce - 21
H. Henry - 3
E. Ebron - 2

As you can see, I'm way over the cap. I'm working on trading Evans($55) at the moment. I have a tentative deal to ship him out and receive Chris Thompson ($2) and Marquise Lee ($2). Regardless of that trade I need to make room on the roster if I want to draft any rookies or free agents.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

Please do not trade Evans for two pennies, unless there’s some nuance to the deal I am missing.

MacheteZombie posted:

Iirc he's been trying to ship Evans since the end of last season to get under cap. Might be the only offer.

This. Not a single person has any interest in Evans at his huge salary. I think the only reason I even have a chance at completing this trade as is, is because it's with a new owner who doesn't 100% completely have a grasp on the salary cap ramifications. It's either make this trade or outright drop him.

IcePhoenix posted:

Though I'd probably try and ship out some/all of the Crabtree/Benjamin/Robinson bloc instead

I thought about making room for Evans, but he will be $61 next year, and $67 the year after. I don't think it's worth it.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 15:30 on May 14, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

sourdough posted:

I'd cut a lot of other guys before trading Evans for pennies, despite his salary. Unless I messed up, you're at $306. Cutting Bortles, Keenum, Luck, Darkwa, Crabtree, Benjamin, and Ebron gets you to $258. I'd also cut Chris Carson and Ty Montgomery, but you're so weak at RB that maybe you want to hold them (or at least Carson).

If I do this, I'd have to cut still more players, and also not be able to afford any rookies or free agents in this years draft. All for one year of Mike Evans. I don't see how it could be worth it. Even without Evans I still have by far the best WR corps in the league.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Is this PPR?

The cap increase means that the upper level for some of those WRs is just going to be unsustainable; frankly even Brown is getting up there. So here are my thoughts:

QB: Cut Keenum and Bortles. It's a 1QB league so sustaining more than three QBs isn't necessary, and neither Keenum nor Bortles have long term upside. Total savings: $4

RB: Cut Darkwa, Carson, and Conner. If this isn't PPR cut or move Montgomery. Assuming it's PPR, total savings is $7.

WR: Move Mike Evans for Chris Thompson and Marquise Lee. Lee is particularly interesting since he's the WR1 in Jacksonville and I'd like to think he at least has a solid floor that could make him a WR5. That alone will save you $51. I don't particularly see a need to keep Mitchell. Kevin White might be worth keeping at his price given his upside, and he'd be an easy cut next year. I would see what, if anything, I could get for Benjamin but I think he's a viable cut. Total savings here is $63.

TE: I like the idea of selling Travis Kelce. I think it's reasonable to think that Hunter Henry will be a solid pick, and I wouldn't cut Ebron given the lack of passing options in Indianapolis. So that's around $21 you'd save, minus a few bucks depending on who you pick up.

So now you're looking at $211, giving you $39 to play with free agency and rookies. That's really not a bad place to be and lets you focus your efforts on RBs. Something else to consider; maybe try to move Crabtree or Jeffery? Both are getting older and have some value now, but that will decrease in the future.

It is PPR, yes. I agree with pretty much everything you are saying here. Thank you!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sataere posted:

Is your rookie draft an auction? If so, I might purge more contracts to try getting more running backs. This year is a good year to build up your running back depth.

If your positional contracts are locked in via a draft, trading guys to acquire draft capital is a solid strategy. Kelce and Benjamin might get you a really good pick. Get whatever you can get for people you might be cutting. An extra fourth rounder might net you the flexibility of trading up a couple spots to grab someone you really like.

It's the latter. Rookie contracts are based off of draft position. Pick 1-3 = $20, pick 4-6 = $18, and so on and so forth.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yes I can. 2nd round picks are $8 each, so if I can clear some cap space I can load up on a few.

My picks this year are: 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, and two 7th's.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I miiiight be able to trade Kelce for a guaranteed top 5 pick, no way I could get the #1 pick once the draft order is set though.

Edit: Talked to the owner who has three 1st rounders this year. He has the 8th overall pick, and two picks that will be randomly seeded in the 1-5 range.

He said he would give me the 8th overall pick for Kelce, but not one of the top 5 picks.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 14, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Are you sure that’s worth losing Kelce? I get that Henry and Ebron are decent options but Kelce is a virtual lock for top 2 TE and the drop off after Gronk and him is pretty huge, no? Also I feel like $21 is a good deal for him and he will be a good price for years to come.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 15, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

This team wants to get Allen Robinson from me. It's also the team with three first round picks this year. (1.08, and two picks randomly seeded between 1-5 overall) He was considering giving me his 1.08 for Kelce yesterday, but we haven't gotten anywhere yet. What should I try to get for Allen Robinson? Or a Kelce+Robinson combo?

QB
M. Ryan - 14
M. Mariota - 15
R. Tannehill - 2
RB
J. Howard - 32
M. Lynch - 23
G. Bernard - 2
D. Henry - 14
J. Stewart - 3
A. Ekeler - 8
W. Gallman - 22
C. Ivory - 2
J. Williams - 2
WR
T. Hill - 20
D. Baldwin - 20
C. Kupp - 2
J. Kearse - 2
K. Stills - 2
M. Goodwin - 6
P. Richardson - 2
A. Humphries - 2
R. Grant - 2
D. Inman - 11
T. King - 2
L. Treadwell - 2
T. Sharpe - 2
TE
E. Engram - 2
A. Hooper - 2
G. Kittle - 2
2018 TOTAL SALARY - $220

Here's my team again for reference:

RCarr posted:

1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLEX. It's a dynasty league with a 25 man roster with 3 IR slots. $250 salary cap. Player salaries increase by $1 or 10% each year (whichever is higher). Here's my roster, with this year's salary next to each.

QB
P. Rivers - 2
J. Goff - 3
B. Bortles - 2
C. Keenum - 2
A. Luck - 13
RB
M. Ingram - 11
D. Lewis - 2
O. Darkwa - 2
R. Burkhead - 4
T. Montgomery - 10
C. Carson - 2
J. Conner - 3
WR
A. Brown - 51
D. Hopkins - 26
D. Thomas - 21
M. Evans - 55
R. Anderson - 3
A. Jeffery - 21
M. Crabtree - 17
K. Benjamin - 10
D. Westbrook - 2
A. Robinson - 12
K. White - 2
M. Mitchell - 2
D. Funchess - 2
TE
T. Kelce - 21
H. Henry - 3
E. Ebron - 2

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Good point. It's just easy to get attached to your players and over value them, and I want to avoid that and get a non-biased idea of what they are worth to the average person.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea that's a pretty fair trade, and honestly might even be an overpay for Cook.

This seems like a case of "best team in the league makes move, must be unfair" thinking, which we have all been guilty of (myself included).

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

In my main dynasty league 1.02 + Cook went for our 1.01/Barkley.

I traded 1.10 + Melvin Gordon for 1.01/Barkley in another.

I wish I had Cook to sell for high. Same with Mixon since I both think they might be bottom shelf RB1’s as a ceiling.

I like your trade, but 1.02 + Cook for Barkley seems crazy to me.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

sourdough posted:

1.01, 1.10, and Kelce for 1.02, Jameis Winston, OJ Howard, and Juju Smith-Schuster

:stare:

I hope you didn't actually make this trade.

Edit: Didn't realize it was a 2QB league but still...

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea no matter how i look at it there's no way you win that trade in my opinion. Especially once Barkley becomes the next Barry Sanders.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Could you not just trade Kelce for Jameis straight up?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Also don't be afraid to trade for 2nd/3rd year players (particularly WRs) who people might have soured on. Players like Davante Adams and Nelson Agholar took awhile to develop. Look for players who were drafted early in 2016 and have underperformed their position. Corey Coleman, Will Fuller, Josh Doctson, and Laquon Treadwell were 2016 first round picks. You could probably get Treadwell for nothing and Doctson would be cheap.

I can get Treadwell for a 5th rounder. You think that's a good move? Treadwell costs $2 this year, and I doubt there's much chance of getting a useful player in the 5th round of a rookie draft.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I pulled the trigger thanks fam

Edit: Wore him down into accepting a 6th instead of a 5th

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sataere posted:

How doable is one top five pick? Or the guy with first overall. Because if I'm you, trading Kelce for Barkley is a potential home run.

If not that, the Michel, Penny, Chubb and Guice all could be solid consolation prizes. RB1 is a serious need.

I just agreed to a trade to send Kelce for a lottery first round pick (Will be #1 - #5 overall). However it's first overall protected so if it turns out to be #1 overall the deal is off. I figure this is as good a deal as I will get for him. I get a top 5 rookie RB, or end up keeping Kelce.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

I think that's a solid deal.

Now what about Evans? Were you able to hose the new owner into taking him?

Edit: Got mixed up.

He originally agreed to trade me Chris Thompson ($2) and Marquise Lee ($2) for Evans ($55), but since I was sure he didn't fully grasp the salary cap / draft / increasing salary rules, I told him to make sure he can afford him, and to thoroughly read the rules. He then said he would have to crunch the numbers to make sure, and he would get back to me. I think there's a good chance he will still accept the trade, but not sure as of right now. I wouldn't have felt right if I hosed the guy over just because he didn't understand the rules fully, and I run the league, so that would have looked pretty lovely.

I have someone who offered me Cohen ($2) and Perine ($5) for Evans ($55). I can accept that as a backup if the first trade falls through.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 22, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea the first offer is definitely much better, but if the alternative is dropping Evans and getting nothing in return, I will gladly take Cohen.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Also there's a chance I end up with Guice depending on where that lottery pick I'm trading Kelce for lands, so having his handcuff wouldn't be the worst thing.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is MFL the only site for dynasty leagues that has a salary cap system where it won’t let you make a move that puts you over the cap?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

:lol: Hunter Henry out for the season. Good thing I just traded Kelce!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

You can set a soft cap in MFL.

Also sucks about Henry dude. :suicide: time to move Evans for TE’s

I'd like to have a hard cap but I don't want all the responsibility of checking every single move made all year to see if said team is adhering to the cap. Is there a website that will police this for the league?

Sataere posted:

I just saw this and came to apologize. Remember how I said to be comfortable with any trade you make, regardless of what people tell you? This is why. :v:

Haha yea it is what it is. Just funny how perfect the timing was. I should be able to snag a decent TE via trade, and Ebron isn't the worst option in the world.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Can someone explain to me how you are supposed to implement a taxi squad in a dynasty salary cap league?

Correct me if I'm wrong but my assumption is:

Only rookies can be placed on a taxi squad, and only if they have never been on anyone's active roster before? Does that mean if I draft a rookie with a $20 salary, I can immediately move him the taxi squad? Do I need to have the cap space to draft that rookie in the first place? Or can I be maxed out, and still draft him since he never hits my active roster?

Can undrafted rookies who are picked up off waivers or free agency be put on the taxi squad? And same question as above, do you need the salary cap space to pick them up, before moving them to the taxi squad? Or can I send a rookie straight from waivers/FA to the taxi squad even if I am already at the salary cap?

As far as raiding or claiming players off other team's taxi's squad. Basically you say you want player X, and they can either keep him by promoting him to their active roster, or release the player to whoever put in the claim for them. Do they get anything in return for losing their player?

I'm thinking of implementing a taxi squad to my dynasty salary cap league but I just want to make sure I understand it fully first.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

On MFL you can acquire rookie's on waivers and taxi squad them, however, they go to your active roster first so you must make room for them there before demoting them.

I did this in order to stash a few guys towards the end of the season like Trent Taylor and Matt Breida

Can you put those rookies on the taxi squad even if they have been on another teams active roster before? What about if they started a game?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So I'm trying to import my league to MFL, to test things out. Right now I am inputting each player's salaries. Demarco Murray doesn't even exist in MFL's database. Same with Orleans Darkwa and a few others. How can people use this site? Ughh

RCarr fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 23, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Go into the settings and find View players on NFL free agency?

I'm looking for it now to be more specific. I'll edit it in if I find it

E: reports and security settings in the appearance setup section.

E2: is there a sa fantasy discord?

Thank you. This is one of the reasons my whole league is against using MFL. Everything is a complicated mystery.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

As commissioner of MFL I hate it. loving despise it. As a dynasty player, man is it better at making me not having to track stuff on my own.

The real trick is designing your leagues webpage to not look like trash. If you figure that out let me know.

Yea my whole league did a best ball league on MFL two years ago and unanimously swore we would never use this horrible mess of a website again. However now that we have a complicated dynasty salary cap league we are considering it just because of how it tracks everything. I know I will regret using it though. The fact we have to pay $130 on top of it being a terribly designed piece of poo poo is just a kick in the balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

You should be able to get first time buyer discounts. Also if you renew early it's $70. Or did you buy a deluxe league?

You’re right. I’m not sure where I got the $130 price tag from. It looks like it’s $70, then 50% off for being a first timer, so $35 total. That’s not bad at all.