Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

VietCampo posted:

now Keenan Allen gets 300 targets

Good thing he has a good history with injuries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The power of Barkley

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He was top 10 in the fantasy podcast I listened to yesterday.

Like the more they talked to each other the higher he went. Based on who he's competing with and who is running that offense.

I'm going to try my damndest to pick him up.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How do I do this with the World Cup

Imagine cheering on futbol in order to cheer on football

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

Wilson as QB2 is madness.

Anyone else surprised by some of these early rankings? Mahomes over a bunch of reliable QBs

JOIN US

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Tyreek Hill at 33 and Sammy Watkins at 6.

Let me tell you how mini camp and practices have been going: Sammy is the #1.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Worth 6 bucks!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was gonna make a joke about marijuana usage or anthem kneeling towards making a point about messed up priorities but I'm finding myself unproportionately angry about beating a dog until it has kidney failure.

Flay him.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If you're 10th maybe you should also draft Mahomes and ride that stud all the way to the winner's circle baby

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

Just finalized our last draft for my fifth league, and now I have five drafts in five consecutive days at the end of August. The last one of those will most likely be on a phone. Better start mocking now.

:dance: It's coming!

I just added a fifth league for funsies.

It's a dynasty.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Veritek83 posted:

I'm a shameful DC homer, chasing the mystery prize behind door number 2

I had to stop myself from keeping Tyreek Hill over Deandre Hopkins, I feel you.

By the way Hunt is going to have wide open running lanes.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If anyone is interested in a sneaky sleeper you can probably get Demarcus Robinson for a dollar.

He's tearing up camp, like he did last year, like he did in the playoff game. He's gonna beat Conley for #3 receiver and with Hill and Watkins and Kelce he's gonna be covered by a linebacker a lot.

https://twitter.com/ClayWendler/status/1027733055572725765

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cain was on my sleep list that sucks

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

The real issue with dynasty values is that there is no standard dynasty league format. When I was setting up our league a few years ago I spent weeks looking at the fairly sparse online resources about dynasty and there was a lot of variation. The best resources basically stated as much and gave some guidance about setups, but a ton of important details were always left out.

Not just starter and bench composition, either; scoring obviously, but all kinds of things. Taxi squads, contracts, IR eligibility, salary caps, IDP, salary escalation, it goes on and on. Some leagues you can only keep a guy for a four or five year contract and then they are forced onto the open market, other leagues you can effectively keep a guy his whole career.

Auction vs. snake drafts, rookies + free agents at once or separate, it just goes on and on.

I think the result is that dynasty projection would require a dedicated set of analysts who are willing to fully engage with the full spectrum of rules and come up with projections that vary across different key rulesets. It would be a huge amount of work for what is probably a pretty small audience, compared to just focusing on standard format redraft.

I’m about to join a dynasty league for the first time and all of us have never played dynasty before and the text thread trying to figure out the rules is hilariously long and convoluted. I have no idea how we’re all going to do this and this first draft is absolutely the most important one. So far we’ve decided to do an auction the first year and then follow NFL rules for the draft after that based on record. We have 25 roster spots and we’re currently arguing how much auction money we should get and I’m not kidding you right now it’s $331. This whole thing is taking way too much time and energy and I hope it’s worth it. Oh one other thing 10 of the 12 teams are Chiefs fans so Mahomes is is probably going to go for $100 or something. Maybe not that bad but close

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This is all such great info as I'm starting a dynasty league and we don't have any idea what we're doing.

And I have no idea what a taxi squad is.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So it's a practice squad

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

From here on out I'll refer to it as Taxi Squad! and think fondly about Liam Neeson coaching up these guys in his own unique way.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm confused about the 50 year limit rule.

If I have 25 roster size that's an average of two years per player. Let's say I assign more players to have shorter rosters. After a few years I could have a year where a ton of them come up. Now I have a team with less players than other teams come draft time. How does that work? Do I need to drop a player who has a contract up and then pick up his replacement from free agency before the draft?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I just had a text thread in the past 24 hours that easily went over 500 texts arguing about IDP scoring.

Here's what we ended up with...

This was to raise the level of our IDPs (LB, DL, DB, start one each) and try to make them more important without over-inflating linebackers. It was also designed to make DL important because they were getting like 3 points a game. The key was inflating stuffs and deflating tackles.

Now #1 linebacker Wagner now 202.5, #1 DL Chandler Jones now 186, #1 DB Reshaud Jones now 177. That puts Wagner around Christian McCaffrey last year and Chandler around Devante Adams and Reshaud Jones around Lamar Miller.

I think it worked out pretty great. They're important, they're relatively equal and not too valuable that it totally screws up how we think about the draft.

The real problem is linebackers freakin fill up the stat sheet and defensive backs get no points for "throwing to the other side of the field".

You cannot believe how many passionate arguments were made where we almost got to an agreement and some idiot chimes in "I never liked IDPs let's just go back to team defense!" gently caress that guy.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

89 posted:

Estinkial Elliott

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He was nails in college.

I'd say Brees is the most accurate, though.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

Yea I was psyched to get him there for $8. I considered drafting him 1.02 before I ended up trading the pick for Mixon.

To each his own. He's on my Do Not Draft List. That X-Ray before the draft showing his knee has like no cartilage is deeply concerning to me.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My dynasty league is so down on Penny.

Come to Butthead.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Adjust your Tyreek Hill numbers accordingly.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I dropped Rod Smith who I drafted in case Elliott went down. All Day Purple Jesus come back from the dead please

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Jones was a top producer with the #3 overall in college. One of them was going to be wildly overrated and we're seeing who.

He's falling like a rock, sorry.

edit:

I just found out that I got the #1 pick in my hard as poo poo 14 team league which means with my keeper I'm starting out the draft with Le'Veon Bell and DeAndre Hopkins. (Gurley and Elliott were keepers). I just wanted to brag.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Aug 21, 2018

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

There are so many guys on the Colts that I was like oh man if Luck's back that's such a sneaky value pick.

It appears I should have done this with the Bears and 49ers, not the goddam Colts.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'd take Thielen. He doesn't have injury or age concerns.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

OxySnake posted:

Diggs is an interesting player in that when he is healthy he is one of the most talented WRs in the NFL. He is just fully healthy maybe 8 games a year.

I was told this last year and I've never seen a prediction about a receiver be more accurate.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Mike Evans is a late third round pick masquerading as a late second. Hot move averaging out his stupid rear end touchdowns

Also more like Rashaad Nickel

https://twitter.com/Rotoworld_FB/status/1032326653819670528

I'm real glad I backed him up by also taking Carson.

also obligatory fat joke:

More like Rashaad Penny, Nickle, Dime the Quarter Mr Goodcents for those sensible meals

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Huh Gerronimo Allison on the waiver wire. Mentioned in like every fantasy podcast ever recorded this summer. Worth it?

edit: I type this and then the next thing I read is this

waah posted:

Reports are packers are shopping Randall Cobb. It's never too early to start Player X to New England rumors.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That's how I feel about Carlos Hyde

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dynasty goons, do you see any problems with this contract rules proposal?

quote:

Here's the idea Trent laid out for 'contracts'. Any player that you draft has a 4-year contract with your team. Any player signed to your team from the waiver wire is on a 2-year contract. Any traded players carry over their contract.

Here's the fun wrinkle. A player at the end of their contract with your team you have the option to extend their contract. You can extend a player with either a 2-year extension or a 1-year extension. Think of them like a Franchise Tag and a Transition Tag. Your team can only have 1 Franchise Tag (2-year extension) and 1 Transition Tag (1 year extension) on your team at a time.

We didn't discuss if there is any limit to the Franchise or Transition tags. In the NFL the real Franchise tag seems to be limited to 3 years. So maybe we say you can only extend a player 3 years total, or extend them once on either a franchise or transition tag.

To be fair this isn't something we've voted on, just something that seems to make the most sense if we wanted to some sort of 'contract' based method for our dynasty league. The other options are no contract, and salary cap (too much math for me no thank you)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Thank you, Beersheets. In my ultra competitive 14 team 0.5 PPR league I drafted far and away the best team by ignoring my emotions and drafting the best player. Except Sammy Watkins, who is criminally low.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

We have one keeper. Hopkins was my keeper.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Would you drop Corey Clement for TJ Logan in dynasty

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I wandered into the SAS slack channel and immediately understood how out of my element I was, similar to the first time I wandered into fyad.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

89 posted:

Alright, I think you guys will be happy with how I did in this draft. More Beersheets friendly. There's a few picks I cut off at the bottom cause I had to leave early so I'll have to drop those players when the commish inputs them.

I'm #5, Stephan.

Yes, I picked Gordon over Zeke and Kamara again. Because Cowboys suck and I'll take volume over talent.

Check out Deez Nuts team though lolz

I'm sorry to tell you that I'm sharing this photo in a few places but it's too good to ignore. Like when you notice someone passed on Kamara to draft Prescott it's universal laughter.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Here's what I know:

If Luck doesn't return to form there are a poo poo load of fantasy players and owners that are royally screwed. Man we are all betting on Indianapolis not sucking this year. Chicago, too. If those teams go belly up I'm hosed.

How did I get to this place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grant, Wilkins, Hines, Mack, Ebron, Hilton I feel like all appear on somebody's sleeper list in one fashion or another because the whole team is undervalued if Luck is healthy.