Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Yessssssssssssssss

His time has finally come......again.....probably.....maybe....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

How dare you sir

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Oops. Guess he's dropping on the draft boards.

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1019376805638213632?s=21

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

NOOOOOOOOO JOSH....!!!!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

drat, I'm going to lose my Dez Bryant bet.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

So someone offered me a spot in a keeper league. No penalty for the keeper, can only keep one. Available teams: 1. Team with Zeke 2. Team with LeVeon or 3. Team with AB. I'm torn on which team to take. It's standard scoring with no yardage bonuses.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

lmao so I joined a 12 team keeper standard-scoring league. Brady, Rodgers, Evans, AJ Green, Beckham, and THIELEN are all being kept. I kept Zeke and these guys might be available to me at 6th: Barkley, Cook, Gordon, Fournette, Hunt, and McCoy. I am stunned.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Guice will be fine. I hope this drops his ADP.

Sorry, friend.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Veritek83 posted:

almost traded Kareem Hunt to get Guice in dynasty, so glad I was a coward

Why would you do that anyways?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Deon Cain, who was a deep sleeper in Indy, is also dead, harvested by the ACL God :rip:

They need to call Dez.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Too bad he was later seen limping on the sidelines.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Hell. Yes.

Luck and C-Mike gonna take my NFL team AND my fantasy team to the title.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

.5 PPR

I had such a terrible draft, I'm thinking of moving Bell to right the ship

What should I be trying to get in return?

QB: Big Ben, Goff
RB: Bell, Collins, CJ Anderson, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Jordan Wilkins, Matt Breida
WR: M. Thomas, D. Thomas, Sanders, Kupp
TE: Engram

That's actually not a bad team imo. I don't see the need for Ben AND Goff though. Also probably wouldn't have drafted DT and Manny Sanders. Any Steelers homers in your league? Maybe try to package Sanders and Ben for another WR.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

My $20 league (non-PPR) just switched to 2 keepers, and you can keep someone for up to 3 years before they go back into the pool. 1 keeper = lose your 1st round pick, 2 = lose first 2 round picks.
I've never played keepers before, so I don't really know what I'm doing. I'm guessing I should keep Brown and Zeke since they're basically both 1st round ADP?

Definitely.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

RCarr posted:

Someone dropped DeVante Parker in my dynasty league. He's worth an end-of-the-25-man-roster stash, right?

Definitely

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Lmao

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Gimme dat Dede

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

Pick 1 Keeper, 6pt TD, .5 PPR

1st Round - Devonta Freeman
3rd Round - Ezekiel Elliot
5th Round - Todd Gurley
10th Round - Alvin Kamara

I draft 4th overall so if I keep Gurley I might be able to grab Kamara or Elliot is might current line of thinking.

Keep Gurley. I'm sure you'll have a shot at Kamara.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I don't know. It's loving stupid as hell. If he's healthy, why not play him? Is he punishing him for seeking the help he needs?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

So my brother-in-law asked me to join his league with his buddies last minute. 12 team 1PPR auction league. $200 salary. Of course they all took the day off work because it's a big thing of theirs and I had to work. Figured I could still knock this thing out, but then I got pulled into an urgent conference call so the auto-draft took care of a few of my bids.

QB - Brady ($9), Handsome Jimmy ($1)
RB - LVB ($76), Hunt ($60), Rashaad Penny ($2), Ronald Jones ($2), Marlon Mack ($1), Riddick ($1)
WR - Tate ($25), Crabtree ($9), Corey Davis ($7), Cooper Kupp ($3), Keelan Cole ($1)
TE - Ebron ($1)
D/ST - Cardinals - ($1)
K - Butker ($1)

I was in the middle of bidding on Hunt when I had to go. Auto-draft got me Brady, Tate, Crabtree, and Corey Davis.

So how hosed am I?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Yeah I figure RB is my glaring weakness, unless Penny, Jones, and Mack pan out. Tried to snag AP, but my brother-in-law got him.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

QB: Don't bother with two. Is there a high upside flyer like Jordan Wilkins or Courtland Sutton available?

RB: Studs and duds is fine. Sucks that you have both Penny and RoJo given how far their stock has fallen.

WR: I don't like the risk here. Upside with Cole is good but I am personally underwhelmed by your starters.

TE: You paid a dollar. Good job. Maybe see if Eifert is on the WW as an upside flyer.

I think both Wilkins and Sutton are available, so I'll drop Handsome Jimmy for one. I'm pretty high on Ebron as a Colts fan, especially after his 15 yard TD catch last weekend. I know Eifert is gone, but I'm sure there are a couple of other flyers there.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Is there any reason to think that Mack is starting?

Just a gut feeling I have since he's a 2nd year player. I'm probably wrong though.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Fire up your Agholors.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1034545971366125568?s=21

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

MakaVillian posted:

I need advice for who should be my 3rd keeper in my 12 team 0.5 PPR league. It's a choice between Zach Ertz, Alex Collins or Demaryius Thomas. There is essentially no cost to keep the players (they cost between rounds 12-14). My 2 locks are OBJ and Tyreek Hill.

I've been leaning towards Ertz for most of the summer, but as I've been doing draft prep I find that I almost have to go RB in the 1st round (1.11) and then because I traded away my 2nd round pick last season waiting until the 3rd to pick from the scraps. I'm now thinking keeping Collins would give me flexibility with my first pick to go with BPA.

Does this make sense or is the Ravens' backfield too muddied for this to be worth letting Ertz go?

Brownhat posted:

I think you can do better than Collins. Keep Ertz.

Totally disagree. Collins is the keep here and still go RB with your first pick. There are a good amount of value picks at TE this year. Personally, I'm high on Ebron in the Colts' new offense.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

weird Asian candy posted:

Drafted my work league last night and I dunno. I've felt pretty meh on all my drafts this year and this team is no exception. Confirm/deny my meh feelings on this team? Drafted 13 out of 14 (ugh), PPR league.

13 Odell Beckham Jr., NYG WR
16 Kareem Hunt, KC RB
41 Kenyan Drake, Mia RB
44 Golden Tate, Det WR
69 Tevin Coleman, Atl RB
72 Emmanuel Sanders, Den WR
97 Jamaal Williams, GB RB
100 Kirk Cousins, Min QB
125 Keelan Cole, Jax WR
128 Marcus Mariota, Ten QB
153 Calvin Ridley, Atl WR
156 Benjamin Watson, NO TE
181 Chargers D/ST D/ST
184 O.J. Howard, TB TE
209 Harrison Butker, KC K
212 Nick Chubb, Cle RB

Mainly not really feeling Kirk as my starting QB and my TE's are weak but there was a run on both early and I wasn't going to reach.

Note - Watson was an accidental pick. I went to read the notes and clicked the draft button instead :(

Is Ebron still available?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No.

Hurst is though. We have deep benches so I could stash him...

Seals-Jones, Gesicki, Butt, etc. are the best out there.

RSJ might be a better stash than Watson.

Also I'd probably drop Mariota for another RB/WR stash.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Good point. Hrmm. Any of the guys below do anything for ya? 14 team league with deep benches mean not a lot available which is why I doubled up on QB and TE. I normally would never.

Definitely Jason Witten

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Mikey Purp posted:

2 qb keeper league with 0.5 PPR, already keeping Deshaun Watson and DeAndre Hopkins. The keeper system is weird so without going too deep into the particulars, would you rather:

A.) keep Alex Collins (or Jamaal William, but I'm def leaning Collins) for a 5th
B.) Keep Marvin Jones for free
C.) Keep neither and gain an early 4th round pick?

Collins

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

RCarr posted:

Update: I actually only need to drop 3 players!

So considering my team, should I keep Rivers? Or is Powell more valuable to me?

I'd still drop Rivers. While Powell is in a timeshare with Crowell, he's the better pass-catcher so in .5PPR he has more value. And there is always the chance that he overtakes Crowell all-together. Big Ben and Rivers are on the same tier to me, so I'd just keep one of the two. It's a coin-flip for me.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

RCarr posted:

Is there a single Greg Olsen fan here that can make me feel better about owning him as my only TE?

Well I'm not a fan per say buuuuuttt....he's healthy....

....he's also a year older....

....but the Panthers WR corps still sucks....

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Just finished a draft. 12 team, standard scoring. Keep 1 player at no penalty. Basically your first rounder.

QB - Handsome Jimmy (11)
RB - Zeke (K), Fournette (1), Hyde (7), James White (10), Aaron Jones (12)
WR - Diggs (2), Cooks (3), Fitz (4), Sanders (5), Jeffrey (8), Ryan Grant (13)
TE - Engram (6), Reed (9)
D/ST - Patriots (14)
K - Vinatieri (15)

I know I'm weak at RB, but I couldn't pass Reed up in the 9th. Probably should have taken another RB instead of Engram. There are some guys with some major holes so maybe I can flip someone.

Thoughts?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Hahahahahaha the season hasn't even started yet and you have trades going. Good lord.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Bobby Cox posted:

I have (give) Brandin Cooks and Aaron Jones for Adam Thielen on the table, 0.5 PPR redraft. Mash, correct? It hasn't been reported that his minor leg injury needs to be amputated or something right?

Nope. I like Cooks more than Thielen and Jones could end up taking over the GB backfield when he comes back.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Matt Zerella posted:

Goddamn, whys everyone so willing to give up Cooks?

I dunno, but I'm not.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Suave Fedora posted:

I am filled with irrational exuberance. Pull me off this cloud with tough goon love and biting invective.

10-teamer, .5 ppr, one keeper, picked 9th overall:

QB: Stafford (10th)
RB: K. Hunt (2nd)
RB: A. Collins (3rd)
WR: Hopkins (1st)
WR: Thielen (4th)
Flex: Burkhead (6th)
TE: Evan Engram (8th)
D/ST: LAC (12th)

BE: Mark Ingram (K) (susp.)
BE: Josh Gordon (5th)
BE: Alshon Jeffrey (7th)
BE: Crowell (9th)
BE: Stills (12th)
BE: RSJ (14th)
BE: Alex Smith (15th)
IR: Guice (13th)

My best-case scenario occurred, which was to have Hopkins falling to me. :woop: :thurman: :woop: love watching that guy play for me. Although we each kept a player, I drafted as if Mark Ingram were not on my team and am pleased with my starting stable and depth. I swore myself off of Crowell after being a believer for years, but the starting big-man RB on any team has fantasy value in the 9th.

There’s some WR uncertainty + upside; with Thielen (undetermined leg injury) Josh Gordon, and Alshon (injured shoulder, no setbacks, nearing return), but I’d like to think I can weather the early storm and didn’t handicap myself towards early season losses.

At TE, Engram will have the concussion specter looming all season so I took a flier on RSJ after missing out on Kittles.

Stafford as my QB I’m fine with. Instead of trying to guess which receiver is coming out on top this season, I’d get my piece of this offense by way of the QB.

My nemesis bit on JAX in the 9th. It would be nice to have a set-and-forget D/ST but I probably would have missed out on them anyway.

Who else could you have kept instead of Ingram? With the fact that he's suspended for 4 games, I would have selected someone else. And there's always the chance that Kamara completely takes the backfield over.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

So about Alfred Morris....

https://twitter.com/rotoballernfl/status/1036996585782038528?s=21

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

So I'm not liking my RB depth and am beginning to regret having two TEs. I usually don't trade before the season starts, but who would you guys rather keep at TE in standard? Engram or Reed? And if I can land Henry or Collins with one, I pretty much do that right?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I had the weirdest loving draft ever a few days ago. My first time in this league, so I'm the new guy. Comish says yeah it's standard PPR scoring. Ok whatever. I looked into the exact scoring and there's also 1 point per completion. I've never ever seen that before. I feel like this should weight QBs pretty heavily.

Anyway, during the draft there were so many :psyduck: picks. 10 teams, 16 rounds. Kirk Cousins was the 6th overall pick. I had pick #5 and took Zeke in the first round, and OBJ fell to me in the second. Jags defense went in the 4th round. First kicker was in the 8th. Most teams drafted 2 goddamn kickers. Myself and one other guy were the only ones to wait til the last round to take a kicker. The whole draft board was insane, like no one had ever played FF before.

I had the 5th pick, snake draft. Guy ahead of me at #4 drafts Johnson. I took Zeke at #5. The morning after the draft, I get a trade request from #4 dude offering me DJ for Zeke. I immediately decline it, mostly because it was such a confusing proposal considering he had the pick of the 2 at #4.

And just now the commish texted me telling me that I should very much consider making that trade.

e: And now he just called me. WTF.

I'd probably rather have Johnson than Zeke, but that's just me. And I own Zeke in my keeper league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Ok so it sounds like they wanted to draft Zeke at #4, but got logged off and ESPN auto-drafted DJ before they could get back online.

lmao well that explains why the commish is calling.