Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
take it to ylls morons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

idk we are talking about the issues around a public health policy that won't deal with a lot of the factors making people fat in a modern society

Cut wages and make people stand in line for bread. There I fixed the weight problem you’re welcome.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Incredible

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

When my parents die I won't have to do either, owned.

just lol when they outlive you

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

thatbastardken posted:

Yeah but in that case you get the sweet release of death so who's the real winner?

us

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

tithin posted:

Because I hate myself and want to die :shrug:

I miss Tero too but that’s not what he would want, friend

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

G-Spot Run posted:

There's no such thing as ... healthy drinking

The only dangerous amount is none

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
more like asmr

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

this is charlie hebdo, to me

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Cartoon posted:

Tony Shepard is an uber muppet. I've done hatchet jobs on him before.

He’s still alive so obviously not well enough

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

gucci bane posted:

for the ppl who cared about home affairs, there is a pretty good breakdown of the issues in this podcast

https://www.policyforum.net/podcast-australias-new-intelligence-jigsaw/

does anyone know if labor is keeping home affairs?

*checks notes*

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Pinball Jizzard posted:

Small companies are great job creators and maintainers;

hahahaha

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
If you refer to anything other than consumers as “job creators” gently caress off back to school.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Blamestorm posted:

I would say Government is also OK given it basically employs (or should employ) most of the critical people in the economy (hospitals, emergency services, teachers, public housing providers, infrastructure, ideally energy and banking providers - all things necessary before you have businesses at all) but also obviously they represent consumers (in theory) so...

I thought about covering both with “demand” but I think that would have been too advanced for our imbecilic friend.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I’m gonna go refund more posters. I wonder what Valve will give me for JBP.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
clawing $2bn out of r&d deductions hahaha sure

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

BurgerQuest posted:

I thought they already gutted this too

no they’re thinking that the ato will suddenly stop billions in ‘dodgy’ r&d deductions, conveniently forgetting that the ato isn’t allowed to judge r&d cases (AusIndustry is supposed to do that)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

BurgerQuest posted:

I also cant tell if you're for or against the R&D claims because I think it was very easy to rort as a small business but I'm also not against small business getting a break.

no I’m saying that the agency they want to collect that money is not allowed to collect it (and if they do IGOT will throw a shitfit)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
:rip: alp

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Reading the judgment the Court seems to have decided that for the exemption to apply the foreign law must “irremediably prevent” you from being able to renounce, based on what was decided in Sykes v Cleary.

Except that the test in Sykes v Cleary wasn’t whether the foreign law was “irremediable.” The test was whether all reasonable steps had been taken. Indeed, “irremediably prevented” was originally a throwaway line which the current Court have now construed as a necessary condition to engage the exception.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Starshark posted:

I hate journalists. I assume it's the Arse but it could just as easily be the SMH.

https://twitter.com/MichaelPascoe01/status/994018624942755840

no that’s smh

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

And the person who kicked them out was the former 90 year old dictator who resigned in 2003.

Im guessing both options are bad. But still, electing a 90 year old dictator seems to be a bit odd. Also one of his election promises was to literally pardon all of his buddies in prison and then hire them.

At least some of those buddies were stitched up by the previous regime

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

bell jar posted:

yeah exactly, its almost as if wages are paid based on the perceived ability of the person involved and not based on the difficulty of the job. it doesn't encourage people to hire kids over adults in any industry where ability is necessary, mmg's just mad that he got turned down from a maccas job at 23.

it sucks that people aren't paid equally for a given role, but accusing it of entrenching child labor is pretty fuckin funny, considering most teenagers work to have some kind of income to spend, not out of some pressing financial need

underpaying teens is good for reasons

spectacular praxis

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
The federal government paying an 18 year old less than a 20 year old less than an “adult” (at 21) for the same work is bullshit.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Konomex posted:

Maybe people with dyscalculia shouldn't be working a till? Maybe someone without legs shouldn't be a kick boxing instructor? Maybe a blind person shouldn't drive a bus? I don't want to discriminate against the disabled, but, I'm just not sure.

maybe you shouldn’t post

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
first doge:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

If Labor wins who gets put in charge of Dutton's superministry.

soon to be alp member Anidav

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
ICAC people hate being called I-cack

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

Anyone else find it weird that the high court lets Canavan off the hook and then proceeds to gently caress over every Labor member the LNP refers to them?

In the context of the decisions in Esso and also ABCC v CFMEU, no, not weird.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
endman

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Best state

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

froglet posted:

Australia phasing out cash transactions of >$10k.

So would this mean if I bought something for $15k, I couldn't buy it in a layby fashion and pay it off $5k in cash at a time?

There's going to be old people who will be soooo mad about this.

where are you getting all this cash?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Lid posted:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-16/legal-stoush-over-stolen-lamborghini/9759688

Am i being too judmental in thinking Mr Chellah is a scumbag?

The courts found he wasn’t acting in good faith, which means they thought he was a scumbag.

Torrens title is good though

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Lid posted:

Law students by and large don't want to think about questions asking is the law wrong, they just want to learn what the law says and apply it rote with the law must be valid because it's the law. Which is why everyone but me hated jurisprudence and how if they've never heard of John Locke they get stumped on "why do we follow law?"

when I first read Nozick I didn’t know Wilt Chamberlain was a real guy.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Lid posted:

On the other hand gently caress Nozick

In modern all in on Rawls (though it should be all Mill and Kant).

I appreciate Nozick. His philosophy is abhorrent, but he writes with panache.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
imagine living in a place called nedlands

land of the neds

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
mental

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
first thing we do, let’s kill all the lawyers

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
https://twitter.com/thecalebbond/status/996915293950590976?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
good afternoon Anidav this is China Telecom, just calling to let you know that Taiwan, is indeed, #1.

• Locked thread