Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

quote:

The parliamentary inquiry is separate to the Ruddock review of religious freedoms which has opted for secret hearings and has heard complaints that religion is being forced from the public square as a consequence of the changed definition of marriage in the civil law.

Why is a discussion on religious freedom being done in secret?

Forcing regressive, hateful religions out of the "public square" can only lead to good things for society.

quote:

Casey, who was not asked about the Catholic threat to sack their staff, said Australian society needed to discourage the default view that people with strong opposing beliefs are one’s enemies, adding “we need to de-escalate these things”.

You hold that gay people are subhuman and have done everything in your power to poo poo on them. Of course you're the loving enemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Solemn Sloth posted:

A doctor and senior Mormon who blames ungodly love for HIV, as well as a prominent campaigner against the Safe Schools program, have been elected to positions in the Victorian Liberal Party.

They are among at least five Mormons elected as party officers at last week’s state conference.

:laffo:

I'd laugh too, but religious bigots in power is never funny.

Even just a little power is still enough to hurt people.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

this broken hill posted:

i am basically trying to become a town planner but for native animals. an ecosystem coordinator, if you will

That would be a cool as hell job as long as you realise that no one would ever listen to you or incorporate your designs in anything more than the most slap dash fashion.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

racing identity posted:

jordan b peterson

I thought he was named after Jo Bjelke-Petersen.

I mean, it would explain a lot.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Zenithe posted:

Oh right, I drove past a giant brand new Palmer poster on the way to work, just his dumb face and MAKE AUSTRALIA GREAT on it.

I saw one of those the other days and was going to snap a picture but I was driving.

A serious "What the gently caress?" moment considering I'm in Victoria.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

McGiggins posted:

I only just started reading and posting in this thread. :saddowns:

Congratulations though, with very little effort on your part you did indeed manage to be me hella buttmad.

That just means you still have some decency and humanity left.

Keep reading AusPol, it'll go away.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Aesculus posted:

It's still absolute poo poo to shut down discussion of how we can help these people who are being actively tortured in concentration camps and to still basically condone it.

I was talking about the horrors of our immigration policy in a couple of other threads and people were responding well, then the whole "We lost one and a half thousand immigrant children after forcibly separating them from their parents for no reason other than racism and they're probably slaves now or dead. Also we tied them up and tased and tortured and starved and abused them for fun" thing came out with the US.

It was like the "hold my beer" meme, but with crimes against humanity.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Saw the front page of the Herald Sun yesterday with a huge three page story on that celebrity chef who was ripping off his staff.

Whole thing (three loving pages!) was about how him underpaying his staff and how badly he was treating them was making them feel bad.

That's right, it was the people trying to make him pay his staff the money he was obliged to by law were the real bad guys here.

Headline literally:

quote:

"MasterChef star and Vue de Monde owner Shannon Bennett says underpay attacks hurt staff"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Yes, which must be why the government made it illegal to tell the media what's going on there with a punishment of several loving years imprisonment.

Don Dongington posted:

As a counterpoint, it is also incredibly likely that there are bodies buried all over the joint, and disgruntled former employees or servicemen just waiting for the ability to rat on Morrison/Dutton without fear of hyperpartisan reprisal.

Literally buried :(

Well, we never were able to find out where all those who die at sea end up, were we?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Cartoon posted:

Is this really the quality of trolling we can expect now?

Dude, have you SEEN his martial art foot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

So, he was arrested for owning one of these stupid loving things you see in endless youtube fail videos:

drunkill posted:

She looked familiar today...

Yep, thats it.

:mensch:

• Locked thread