Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

exquisite tea posted:

You have to figure there is probably a non-zero number of people who have been crushed to death by their own video game collection.

This is how I want to finally go out

In Training posted:

Nobody really gives a poo poo probably. Hell when I used to shop at a GameStop regularly where I used to live I was apparently the only person to ever visit the store and buy a Vita game so whenever I came back the woman who worked there would try to upsell me on trashy games and used the phrase "anime tits" regularly.

lol that owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Omigod never read Steam comments. Re: Lara Croft's model in the new Tomb Raider game.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

dont they literally explode from eating too much shortly thereafter

Only if you get hit

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

The Colonel posted:

spider-man 2 bugged out and this cutscene just turned into peter parker eternally walking into an elevator door

https://files.catbox.moe/koeluh.mp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DELvF8KTfFg

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

:wtf: I thought people in the Steam thread were joking. I didn't bother to check that it was actually true.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Doesn't this make sense for a game like Destiny though? They've already got 96% of anybody who would buy this game for more than $40 by now and they want as large a userbase as possible to buy their upcoming DLC.

Have there been any expansions released yet? I remember one of the complaints against Destiny 1 was you had to buy the DLC if you wanted to have people to play with because everyone had moved on.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

gently caress! I accidentally reported the Swery Kickstarter thing for fraud because I got a notification from my bank about the suspicious charge. All the charge said was tokyo money transfer and I had no idea what that was so I reported it. Now I might have trouble with Kickstarter and might not have a card for a few days which is really annoying for other reasons. I'm trying to get in touch with my bank but it's late and I'm stuck in hold where I think the loop they are playing over and over is literally ten seconds long and ends with the same message repeated over and over and it's driving me mad.

Great, KS are going to take that money out and now Swery won't be able to make the game.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

The post credit sequence in GoW3 shows that he survives and that's presumed in the new one and doesn't expand on that

Does he at least have a huge scare on his chest?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Oh there's some continuity.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Viewtiful Jew posted:

ATTN, major video gaming lore has just been dropped:

https://twitter.com/Kirby_JP/status/993690716105687040

This is canonically what The Big D looks like naked.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

That's how his body reacts on maximum manliness.

https://twitter.com/Kirby_JP/status/993687008789737472

The pudding-like layer that surrounds most of his body is what keeps his power in check.

Oh he's wearing a singlet

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

an actual dog posted:

cause they want people to play gta online instead

Speaking of GTA, a mod came out for it. It's like a single player "battlegrounds" type thing

https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/complex-control-rogue-battleroyale-lite-hybrid-for-gtav-sp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT1Had1r52k

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Do they take a stance wrt wiping while standing vs seated

Worse, this is in there:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Snooze Cruise posted:

In the same bathroom, there is a mirror with "its pronounce jiff" written in blood on it.

:popeye:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Florida Man strikes again!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

man nurse posted:

avoid the whining

They will never be able to avoid this. I guess this goes for all the console manufacturers.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Bleh, that looks really uncomfortable to play on

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

I thought you could already emulate gamecube games on the PC though, or is this something different? Forgive me for not reading a Reddit link but I can't navigate that sites layout at all.

If I'm understanding correctly, this is a source port for the game to run natively on a PC rather than through a console emulator. Think of Doom64 EX or the Turok 1 and 2 remasters .

https://doom64ex.wordpress.com/

The games were originally on the Nintendo 64 but a very talented developer, Samuel Villarreal, decompiled them and turned them into programs that you could run on a computer so the games could take advantage of modern resolutions and mouse/keyboard control schemes.

E:f,b: Yeah, what Doom Goon said.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Being aware of the realities of game development doesn't really matter if you don't actually make any effort to alter your consumer habits based on it. If people cared about the way EA treated their employees they wouldn't be raking in the cash. They only face real backlash when their greed fucks over the customer which makes people less inclined to support them.

*SonicCapitalism.jpg*

The Colonel posted:

it's on the bottom of my sex party list

Come on, live a little

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

al-azad posted:

I thought I was going to a Sonic sex party but it ended up being a sex party at a Sonic. It killed my boner.

Ask for the foot long

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Songbearer posted:

http://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2018/05/open-letter-to-apb-reloaded-community.html

APB, the dead game you didn't realise still existed but was also dying a slow slow death has once again been dragged out of the doldrums of condemnation by another brave, brave publisher. They're hoping to finish the fabled engine upgrade to Unreal 4 and give it a bunch new content and so on.

Yes the game sucked but it was also real fun and had some great moments and the customization is still some of the best in gaming. Let's see if APB's third chance pays off.

Third time's the charm

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCKDvjVzpNQ

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

The Colonel posted:

the best fourth wall-breaking game is the ashguine trilogy for the msx that all take place in alternate realities covering the same story but with different gameplay styles and are developed by different companies and in order to 100% 2 and 3 you need to carry over data from ashguine 2 to the third game to unlock special items and then you would carry back data from ashguine 3 to the second game to unlock new items in that, and then once you completed the full trilogy you could send in a code to the developer and they'd mail you a plaque detailing your own personal ashguine

that's right. japanese pc game devs did stop n swap years before rareware failed

That sounds tedius as heck but I admire that dev's commitment

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

are you playing fighting force

haven't heard that name in a while

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I just read a thing that said that the path to each great soul in dark souls 2 takes you through the course of a day, with majula representing being back to sunrise

IIRC, Double Dragon 1 only let you play as one character and then the final boss was your brother, then in the sequels you could play as either brother

The arcade game had bro vs bro at the end but you are correct about the NES game.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=playlist

it really depends, the only two dubs ever i can honestly say i think are better than the original language track with subs are cowboy bebop and final fantasy 15

e: i guess lupin is pretty good too

Not even Trigun?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

Kind of feel bad for Cliffy

https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/996092708971274245

Radical Heights like literally just came out right, jesus what a bomb

Alright, time for Cliffy's triumphant return to SA

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

DisDisDis posted:

It might get five sales but you have to threaten to kill Gabe Newell on twitter to get your lovely game removed from steam

Or post fake reviews about your own games

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/02/valve-bans-developer-after-employees-leave-fake-user-reviews/

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Doorknob Slobber posted:

fortnite is the new wow poopsock imagine if wow had been playable on phones in 2003 or whatever

Well we would have hit this madness sooner so the next couple of years should be exciting :buddy:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

decided to play through the original 6 megamans and I do not think starting with the first game was a good idea. man, some of these level designs are beyond obnoxious.

Megaman 2 is when things really got rolling. Some will say MM peaked there and it’s been downhill since.

Cowcaster posted:

hey remember the 90's

Will this be the premise for Ready Player Two?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Animal Crossing but the first few entries in which the animals could be real dicks to you at the drop of a hat randomly and tell you that you were ugly and they hated you.

Basically getting the kids ready for elementary school life, in general

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

The Colonel posted:

i got really pissed off at fight n rage for throwing an insanely hard level that i couldn't beat at me 40 minutes in but then i looked at the steam community hub and saw a big post by the lead dev saying he doesn't believe there's a distinction between hardcore and casual gamers because we're all gamers and losing in a hard game is fine as long as you have fun, and now i can't be mad

That game has some pretty satisfying combat for a side scrolling beat em up.

Harrow posted:

Jesus that sounds loving awful. I just assumed that those controllers people use for phone games were more common than I thought and moved on from there.

I don't even like to play SNES JRPG ports with touch controls (and since I'm not about to get a controller for my goddamn phone I just, y'know, don't play those). Why would I ever play a shooter that way?

Most phone games don't support controllers because no one wants to bust out an extra peripheral device when they want to play a game so the next "best" thing is to add on screen controls. Also all controllers for iOS have to be Mfi certified so they end up costing more so low adoption rate=less support.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

The Colonel posted:

i mean. the point of a side scrolling beat em up is to have satisfying combat

you should play some of capcom's later arcade output after final fight, it's a lot better than beat em ups usually get a rap for. stuff like denjin makai and battle circuit let you do lots of crazy juggling combos and special attacks

I should've also said "It sucks when a beat em up has anemic combat oh and also weak sounding hits" Battle Circuit and Denjin Makai and it's sequel, Guardians, are very good.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Hopper posted:

The only correct way to waste time on your phone is the Awful App :smug:

:yeah:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Pro tier name/weapon combo

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

His beard is made of the chains from a chainsaw.

I still love how his backstory is just "he was really good at dual wielding chainsaw swords but for some reason people were afraid of him."

Lo, I didn’t notice the beard :eyepop:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Snooze Cruise posted:

Watch, my impression of David Cage
*clears throat*
Short haircut + woman and that is a design document for a video game

Don’t forget there needs to be threat of violence against her at least once in the story

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I still have like a pint of heavy cream left over from when I made some tikka masala, anything else I can make with it?

make homemade whip cream

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

We're pretty much there. Just need some BIOF.R.E.A.K's now

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

The Colonel posted:

spotted a game called omega boost in my ps1 folder i forgot i downloaded and it ended up looking surprisingly awesome for a ps1 game and also has really great controls

so of course i looked it up and the dev makes gran turismo lol

There only other game. Also, of course there's a replay mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

plus the dreamcast had no copy protection so you could just slam .isos hot and fresh from your brand new cd-rw drive in there and have them boot up

I thought cdr's wore the laser out faster? That might have been just playground talk, tho

• Locked thread