Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
April Showers did not bring May flowers.

Worst May ever!

0/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Guy Goodbody posted:

The first three movies were good, but Star Wars is a pretty small, shallow universe. Not a good base for a big extended franchise.

You're joking right? He's joking right?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Avengers made 1.1 billion dollars in 11 days or roughly 100 million dollars a day.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

They actually did something like this with the 'Real Clone Saga' miniseries.

Yeah, they got the original writers back and gave them six issues to retell the Clone Saga as they originally intended it. IIRC, it moves at a break neck pace but suffers from having to re-explain what 90s Spider-Man continuity was since it came out in like 2010.

Also, it's infinitely better because it doesn't undo the Death of the Green Goblin. See, in their mini-series, neither Ben nor Peter die or are they confirmed as a clone and, instead, Norman Osborn dies and is revealed to be a clone. Which, honestly, is a lot better. Also, I would love if they kill off the Green Goblin in the future and reveal he was a clone the whole time to make the Clone Saga retroactively less stupid.

Covok fucked around with this message at 16:10 on May 7, 2018

Covok
May 27, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Frank just pisses in a bottle and they slap a label on it.

I'm afraid about the chocolate mints they serve with it now.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Covok
May 27, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

Did anybody read that thing where the Justice League was all evil Batmans? how was it?

Okay. It was okay.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I usually read either on my smartphone while laying down like a loser or on my 1920x1080 desktop while my broken chair that I'm too poor to replace hurts my rear end cheeks.

My poor, poor rear end cheeks.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Soonmot posted:

You really do, I've been spoiled these last three years with this ridiculous tablet, but it's starting to chug and randomly shut down, so I have to start looking for a new one. But I cannot find Android tablets 12-15 inches that aren't laptops.

I heard some phone makers got in trouble for deliberately releasing software that slows down older machines. I think it was apple. Worth looking into.

Covok
May 27, 2013

site posted:

I think it had more to do with waid being clueless at best at times with stuff like viv asking about microagressions and at worst having really horrible poo poo like kamala saying you can't punch the Nazi after he burns down a mosque because that makes you just like the Nazi and having Amadeus say as an Asian American I know about internment camps but maybe we need to let these people stay locked up in one after inhumans tell the champions THEY WANT TO STAY FORCIBLY LOCKED UP IN A HYDRA INTERNMENT CAMP

Yeah, those were pretty bad. Like, really loving bad. Sometimes, I think we forgot what fascism is. Like, I'd say it's a change in education, but I tend to notice it more in older people. It's like "am I the only one who had to see pictures of dead people in history class when discussing the holocaust? Like, camps are loving terrible. And did they not show you the camps in America too? Because we saw those and, outside a couple apologetic, a lot of teachers were open on how horrible they were." Like, that "I'm an Asian american -- ignore that my words are being written by a white cishet man -- but maybe we should leaves these Muslims in a Nazi camp for their own good." Like, Waid is not a Nazi. Let me be clear. Waid is not a bigot. Waid has actually done some good and actually stood up for people when it matters But Waid's writting on Champions comes off like it's written by that that kind of guy who wants to do good and be progressive, but the point flies right over his head. He's not bad and his comics are actually really good for the most part, but Champions, especially the Secret Empire stuff, was a head scratcher.

Covok fucked around with this message at 00:38 on May 14, 2018

Covok
May 27, 2013

Samuel J Jackson is a comic fan, but, did you know?...

Covok
May 27, 2013

Teenage Fansub posted:

Yeah. I got a lot of emptyquotes from posting it in PHIZ a year ago :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSVQtlQtxCs&t=155s

Edit: Speaking of him and Anime/Manga, anyone see that apparently terrible Kite adaptation he was in?

What's kite? Only anime I've ever seen him in is Afro Samurai and Afro Samurai Resurrection.

We were all 13 once.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Skwirl posted:

I wouldn't worry too much, Disney will probably buy Warner Brothers in the next decade and then the rights issues with a reprint will be a lot easier.

By 2025, there will be no America. Only the Disney Incorporated States.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Rhyno posted:

:shrug: I don't see it happening. Has WB even publicly said HEY WE'RE FOR SALE?

Not yet, no. But you never know. As under strange eons even death may die.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Listen, I have little faith in anything happening for two reasons: 1) Disney managed to make copyright law a loving orobos of poo poo that has stolen our own culture from us and 2) the current government is super pro-business and is run by a corrupt business man.

Covok
May 27, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

People who use critical acclaim to judge stuff are dumb.

Form your own opinion jeez.

But...if I take your advice, then I'm letting you decide my opinion. And then...and then...But then...because even if I did form my own opinion, it'd be based on all the lessons and opinions and experiences of my entire life time...do I even have an opinion or am I just am amalgam of my experiences...I-I don't think I can have an opinion that isn't informed by something else...

Covok
May 27, 2013

Sinteres posted:

Here in the comic book forum we know what really has cultural value, and those absolute imbeciles who like Hamilton need to get a clue.

Everyone knows the greatest and most influential works of art of the 21st century was Ultimate Spider-Man Issues 1-134!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Edge & Christian posted:

Anyway back on topic, Mister Miracle is a dumb comic for dummies full stop.

How can you be this wrong?

Mr Hootington posted:

Remember when Hamilton was gonna be replaced by Tubman, but people lost there poo poo because of a lovely musical?

America, how can you be this mistaken to forget that real life Hamilton was a monster whereas reallife Tubman was a hero? Oh wait, right, this is America we're talking about. Probably shouldn't be surprised...and should probably use smaller words.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

People say Ultimate Spider-Man is good, but Ultimate Spider-Man isn't very good.

I didn't finish it, maybe it gets really good, but from what I saw it was just a depressing slog that speeds through less interesting versions of Spider-Man stuff. I gave up sometime after Carnage killed Gwen Stacy, because goddamn. Gwen Stacy had to die because Gwen Stacy is dead in real life, so they just kill her and it's gross and then Peter Parker is very sad because being Spider-Man has brought nothing but suffering and misery to himself and everyone around him.

About Gwen Stacy being dead in USM, she actually comes back in the Clone Saga and stays alive until the Ultimate Universe is destroyed in Ultimate End.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's even worse

Well, she doesn't get killed in Ultimate End. She just dies with everyone not named Miles Morales or Reed Richards. Also, she may not be dead because Spider-Men II brought back the Ultimate Universe. So, actually, I take it back: she is still alive!

Covok
May 27, 2013

site posted:

there might be a real gwen stacy out in the world ya never know :tinfoil:

Two seconds in google and there are many.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Why is every website on the internet updating their privacy policy today?

Covok
May 27, 2013

EU > US Government

Covok
May 27, 2013

Skwirl posted:

You're the dude whose parents had to go to court to get him our of their basement, aren't you?

Not that this stari decsi has been set, basement dwellers everywhere will be forced into the light. On the positive side, this exposures them to more people, helps them with their social skills, and makes them more well-adjusted. The bad side is that none of that positives are true.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm really happy that everyone hates Elon Musk now, but it's hilarious that the tipping point was when he stole everyone's goth waifu

I thought it had more to do with the fact that his response to his company doing bad was to just go crazy and try to fight the media and make a website where you can rate journalists on their credibility.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I literally have no idea who you're talking about. I'm mostly mad because he's always been a tech bro who made money by abusing PayPal users. But I thought the reason poo poo was going down about him going crazy the media. Who the hell cares about some musician?

Covok
May 27, 2013

You know, when you think about it, the 90s were pretty close to how things turned out in the future. You know, if you only count how corporations rule the world.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Wait, Musk is getting into Twitter fights? I got the vibe in recent months that this man lives off of everyone thinking he's a genius. When he couldn't handle his investors and ran to a sycophant publicly, it really made it clear how fragile he is. I don't know what he expects going to happen to all of that after this public display of stupidity and childishness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

site posted:

hes been having a slow public meltdown on twitter since the media has been rightly covering tesla cars complete lack of safety, consumer reports came out blasting whatever the "consumer" price car is a week or two ago, and after he admitted to forcing employees to give up stock options if they want to unionize he's been in their crosshairs

notice none of this has anything to do with grimes

I heard about him running from his investors and attacking the media, but I did not hear about him forcing his employees to lose stock options if they try to unionize. The guys a real piece of work, it seems.

• Locked thread