Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Since it's not out 'till September, it shouldn't be too much trouble to stick back a few bucks for the conversions.

I love the changes, some of them are ones I've been doing anyway in my RPG (we kinda adapted X-Wing to EotE) like red actions, bullseye arcs, and mobile turrets instead of 360, so now it'll be even easier to transition between the RPG and X-Wing play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

So that card that just shows pilots with some basic loadouts -- is that some kind of reference card or is it relevant?

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Ah, okay, that's cool! One of the challenges I had when I started was figuring out what upgrades to use with which pilots/ships, so this will definitely be a good thing for new players.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

ConfusedUs posted:

There's explicitly a rule about misleading modifications. I'd say "paint the T70 to look like a T64" falls under that.

That's pushing it, though, since there are "Red Squadron" pilots for the T70. Plus the two ships really don't look THAT much alike unless you're not looking directly at them. You can still ID the ship visually from a distance. Someone whining that they didn't notice the difference is on them if the players were using the correct models.

The TIE/LN to FO mod is a little bit worse, since the only change in the model's detail is the FO's vertical arrangement of the engine nozzles on the back that I doubt most people even notice if it's not pointed out.

That said, just lol if you don't know what your opponent is flying

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Still not quite as stupid looking as the K-Wing tho

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

So I've been playing around with the A-Wings because I never really bothered to learn them. Now, am I doing this right?

Jake Farrell (24)
Intensity (2)
Chardaan Refit (-2)
Push the Limit (3)
Vectored Thrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Move Jake, take a focus. Focus gives you a free boost that triggers Intensity, giving you another focus token and flipping the card, which triggers Jake again since it doesn't say "once per round," giving me a free barrel roll. Then PTL for a target lock.

I guess the balance here is that A-wings basically fire strongly-worded postcards making all of that jank kinda pointless.

TremorX fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 16, 2018

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

bunnyofdoom posted:

So, my local league had it's final night tonight. Dust settled, score is done. 13 players. My girlfriend came in 8th. Me? I came in 2nd. Somehow. What the gently caress? I am terrible at this game

Clearly not terrible enough!

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Here's an idea for the EPT:

Multitasker
You may equip a unique crew card with the same name as the pilot of the ship this upgrade is assigned to.

• Side A: You may use the pilot ability.
• Side B: You may use the crew ability.

At the end of the combat round, you may flip this card.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Yo how good is DirkMcGurk w/SBDF triple against this poonapple, tia

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Oh wow, that is the feel-good story of the year!

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

I really like how the other one is basically a flying Ford GT40 with the Gulf livery.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Oh wow, yeah, that's definitely closer. Very nice homage without being a straight-up lift.

It's not nearly as "blatant" as the Ghost being based on the Narcissus from Alien, though.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

To me it always seemed like the best solution to that should've been to either give that ship two stress tokens or give them a perma-stress (eg, place a stress token on the ship's base for the remainder of the game). Yeah, that can still be exploited but it at least makes some sense.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

I'm curious about the multiple dots on the droid pilots. Does it indicate how many of that pilot you're allowed to have?

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Ah. Kinda weird that the i1 pilot only has one but the i3 has three, I would think it'd go the other way around.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Probably a dumb question but I just want to clarify-- can Dash attack or take non-movement actions while overlapping an obstacle? The card says "while moving," so I assumed it only means during the activation and actions that include movement, so you can't fire or take a focus or lock while overlapping but at my FLGS we couldn't come to a definitive answer.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

OK, so he can still take non-movement actions, just not attack. That's how we were playing it but I wasn't 100% sure and wanted to clarify that before we have a tournament.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Thanks, that clarifies it a lot!

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

TheCenturion posted:

The other important thing that I've seen people not realize is that this happens EVERY TIME you touch the ship. You might suffer flying onto an obstacle in turn 2, and suffer flying off of it in turn 3.

drat, I guess I'd be one of those people. I've never played anyone that rolled or lost an action/took a stress when flying off of an obstacle they were already on. I'll start enforcing that, harsh as it is. I'm assuming it only matters if the template overlaps?

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Admiral Joeslop posted:

My wife died during the Galactic Civil War :smith:

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

just lol if you aren't playing x-wing to the death

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

StuG Jeebus posted:

Can't wait to see what Jar Jar does, kinda hope they make him a gunner

Can fire a second time if you have no focus tokens and disregard all results except blanks, blanks change to crits.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Jar-Jar Binks - Republic
-20 Points

If a friendly ship with Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious as a crew member receives a face-up damage card, that crew member may be replaced with the Imperial Emperor Palpatine crew card, ignoring the crew requirements.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Shouldn't that be Aurebesh Squadron?
:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Gah, I've been out-nerded!