Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

There's a local Con happening in November, and I had submitted an X-Wing tournament as an event last month. Guess I'll be running a 2.0 tournament now. Should be a fun time, since most people will only have a couple of months with the new system. I'm hoping I can get some FFG prize support or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

TheCenturion posted:

That's just a matter of finding a friendly local gaming store and having them order you a tournament kit.

Didn't even think about that. I bet they'd kick in some extra stuff too, since they are a cool store, and also a major sponsor of the Con.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

There’s new tokens too, and target locks work differently. I don’t know if any of that would matter though, aside from tournament play.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Is it weird that I'm thinking of trying to find a Rebel Aces box for the alt paint job ships? Since they already said they won't make them in 2.0 and A-Wings might not suck, I kinda want them now.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Found out my FLGS has a membership program. You pay $5 to join, then every $50 you spend in a month gets you $5 off something, $100 gets you $10, etc.

I guess that's alright, $45 conversion kits before tax which I would have to pay online anyway, along with maybe shipping.

Has anyone else pre-ordered the core and got confirmation of the Damage Deck promo? The guy at the store couldn't find anything about it on the order page and said it's probably something that's done when they put the actual order in.

My local place specifically advertised getting the damage deck if you pre-ordered.
I’ve also heard you’ll get it if you manage to buy at Gen Con, if that makes any difference. I’ll be there, but I’m not standing in that line.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Friend of mine was at Worlds, and was told there will be a kick-off event at Gen Con, but won’t be in the catalog by Sunday when registration opens.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Anyone else entering the Gen Con tournament? I have no hope of getting anywhere, but I’m hoping for cool 2.0 swag.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

FFG confirmed that the special damage deck is available only if you pre-order, not if you buy at Gen Con.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Looking forward to getting my Vader card before losing 3 games in a row and dropping to go play something else.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

canyoneer posted:

Has registration already happened for that?

For the North American championship at Gen Con? Yes, it opened Sunday. There were still slots open last I checked.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I'm playing a "B-Team" event at Gen Con. It's meant for fun non-tournament lists. Here's the restrictions they posted:

1. Player squad lists shall contain no more than 100 pts of ships and upgrades.
2. Lists must be built from a single faction.
3. Rebel lists shall contain no more than 1 Auzituck Gunship.
4. The following cards, ships & pilots are banned:
a. PS 7 or higher Pilots
b. Sheathipede
c. Twin Laser Turret
d. Push the Limit
e. Advanced Cloaking Device
f. Captured TIE
g. Veteran Instinct
h. Adaptability
i. Deadeye
j. Crackshot
k. Trajectory Simulator
l. Bomblet Generator

I believe Harpoons are out too.
I'm thinking of taking 4x Roookie Pilots in T-65s, all with Proton Torpedoes. My goal for this is dumb and gimmicky, but fun. I require your goofiest lists.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

enigmahfc posted:

I hope they don't show everything just to stop information overload. I WANT something to look forward to, come Gencon.

Speaking of GenCon, I'm hoping they'll be letting us know when the launch event is going to hit the event catalog.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

AndyElusive posted:

FFG should remain quiet at GenCon in respects to X-Wing 2.0 and just announce poo poo for Destiny and Legion. :v:

Nothing but Armada and Imperial Assault.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

FFG announced some 2.0 launch tournaments for Gen Con. $80 and you get a core set and either a Y-Wing or a TIE advance, plus some unspecified extra stuff. Tickets go on sale Saturday at noon eastern time.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I'm working up a list for Gen Con, and I've decided I want to fly Lone Wolf Dash with Rey crew. What do I pair it with? The obvious answer is probably Miranda, but with this being the Summer of Jank, I'm also thinking of using a pair of T-65s with Renegade refit/servo S-foils/Flight-assist astromech/integrated astromech. The other, possibly dumber option is a pair of TLT Y-wings. Any thoughts?

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

The stuff they're giving away for the launch tournament is actually better then I was expecting. Should be a fun time.
They've also announced that everyone in the launch tournament will get tickets enabling the purchase of 2.0 stuff at Gen Con. Still have to stand in line, but at least I know I can get stuff if I want it.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

ConfusedUs posted:

Lothal Rebel with FCS + Hera + Saw is 39. Toss in a turret (autoblaster or Synched) and maybe Tac Jammer or APL.

I like this idea.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

enigmahfc posted:

......well okay.

I'm going to the 9:00 am 2.0 preview tournament, So I may see you in passing, Acebuckeye13.

I’m in the 9am one as well.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

enigmahfc posted:

Rebel or Imperial? I went Imperial.

Also, it appears everyone at the tournament will get that pre-order damage deck.

It's on their twitter about the tournament.

I went Rebel. I hadn’t heard about the damage deck thing. I’ve got one coming from my FLGS, but a second one wouldn’t be bad. Was that on the FFG twitter feed or the Organized Play feed?

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I’m at a store championship today, and there’s a guy with an A-wing swarm. He’s winning his first match against 2 interceptors + a reaper.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Played in a store championship yesterday, with this:

Lothal Rebel (35)
Fire-Control System (2)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Hera Syndulla (1)
Saw Gerrera (1)
Tactical Jammer (1)

Dash Rendar (36)
Lone Wolf (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Proton Rockets (3)
Rey (2)
Rigged Cargo Chute (1)
Smuggling Compartment (0)
Outrider (5)

Total: 98

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

I went 1-3, and drew a bye for one round. I think it's got potential, although it took me a couple of games to understand how to fly it, and to remember to actually use all the upgrades. Highlight was killing Boba Fett in one round, due to a nice combination of HLC shooting and using Saw to put 5 crits on him.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

ConfusedUs posted:

I would straight up drop the prockets for countermeasures on Dash, and probably the cargo chute for scavenger crane.

Not a bad idea. I only used each of those once. The rockets did something, but the cargo chute just seemed like a wasted slot.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I assume the 2.0 rules FFG posted are either incomplete or under revision. Every developer demo video talks about losing your action if you can't complete it, but I don't see that anywhere in what they've released. Did I just miss it?

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

The article seems to say the app won’t be available until the official September launch date.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Acebuckeye13 posted:

How does the 2.0 event work? Do they give you lists, do you make one, what's going on

You get a core set and either a Y-wing or a TIE advanced, depending on what you signed up for. Use them to make a threat 5 list. I went with Luke and a Gold Squadron vet.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I went 1-2 in the launch event. We all got that x-wing damage deck too, which was nice.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Holy poo poo I hate 2 Reaper lists. Playing in the big Gen Con tournament and they’re everywhere. When I can mod to 4 hits and do no damage that’s not a lot of fun to fly against.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

ConfusedUs posted:

How are reapers negating 4 hits?

I'm not disputing that they're frustrating to fly against (jam is crazy powerful), but I've never had trouble hurting one any time I had multiple hits on the board.

It may have been a fluke, and it wasn’t every turn, but Palp was involved, along with a few other upgrades.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

FFG booth at Gen Con had a couple of iPads with the app on them for people to play around with. It seems fine. Choosing an upgrade slot on a ship brings up all the upgrades though, not just the ones that ship can take, which annoyed me. Overall though, it seems pretty straightforward to use

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I played around with the app at Gen Con too. Walked right past it Sunday afternoon, and there was nobody else around so I just screwed around for a few minutes to build a ~175 point Dash.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I'm running a 2.0 tournament at a con in November, and I'm hoping there's updated tournament tracking software or websites around. FFG's own site if nothing else.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I found out the 2.0 dials fit perfectly in the pockets of the card organizer sheets I was using for 1.0 upgrade cards.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I have what might be a dumb question. On that Krennic list with Whisper and Soontir, who do you put Optimized Prototype on? My thought was Soontir, but maybe there's something obvious I'm missing.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

My wife's favorite ship is the Ghost, so I'm trying to put together something decent for it under 2.0 Any thoughts?

Kanan Jarrus (90)
Veteran Turret Gunner (8)
Saw Gerrera (8)
Dorsal Turret (4)
Ghost (0)

AP-5 (30)

Kyle Katarn (38)
Jyn Erso (2)
Moldy Crow (12)

Total: 192

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

This is pretty much a Fortress Ghost list, since the other two ships are there to bolster it, with the HWK able to take shots when it can. Happy to entertain better ideas.

edit: Now that I'm reading a little closer, I guess I don't understand AP-5's ability. Isn't allowing another ship to perform an action the entire point of coordinate? Does that ability limit it to ONLY ships with one stress?

Funzo fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Aug 31, 2018

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

ConfusedUs posted:

Coordinate lets a ship take an action.

However, ships can't take actions if they're stressed, unless something says otherwise. AP-5 is one of those things that says otherwise, as long as they have only one stress.

As for the rest of the list, seems fine? You get two shots out of the ghost per round, the HWK is surprisingly dangerous with that 3-die primary, and you'll have lots of mods. Seems decent. Not groundbreaking, but not bad!

I forgot all about not taking actions when stressed, thanks!

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I played a couple of games with that Sai/Soontir/Whisper list, and I like it's potential. I had Krennic and Tarkin on the shuttle. I struggled with remembering to use all the abilities and when they triggered, but I think once I get the hang of it and how to fly it, I'll do a lot better.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

guts and bolts posted:

Which version of the list? Vader on Whisper, I'm assuming? I'm into it. That's my jam/list. Tarkin makes a really cool alternative to Sloane, but I think Sloane is crazy-good considering how often stress gets tossed out - those re-rolls are great when you get them, and it makes shooting at your aces scary. If you stick with Tarkin let me know how it goes.

Tonight I brought:
"Whisper" Hates Dee Yun (52)
Juke (4)
Darth Vader (14)

Soontir Fel Hates Dee Yun (52)
Juke (4)

Lieutenant Sai (47)
Director Krennic (5)
Admiral Sloane (10)
ST-321 (6)

Total: 194

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Mine was the same as yours, except I had Tarkin instead of Sloane.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

guts and bolts posted:

Did you grab it from the goon list sheet or arrive at this list on your own? I'm asking because I'm wondering exactly how commonplace a variant on this list is going to be. Also: Tarkin was what I originally wanted to run with, and I included FCS on Whisper to boot, which brings the list to 197 and a dangerous bid if you're super-concerned about Soontir. There are some other variations I've toyed with, like a TAP with Grand Inquisitor and Supernatural Reflexes instead of Fel, but I'm going to try to make Soontir work first.

I got it from the discussion here. Both of the games I played with it, the bid was important, so I'm hesitant to add more. The first game my opponent had Fenn, and the Second had scum Han.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

banned from Starbucks posted:

Played this tonight and drat after 3 games my head was swimming trying to remember all the triggers. It was more exhausting than a swarm. I completely forgot to use the Coordinate to soontir - thrusters off that, do a green, do 2 more actions thing. I think Sloane might be the weakest link (at least for me. Im gonna try Ciena) Whats your deployment like? I think im gonna castle Whisper and Sai together with soontir in the opposite corner. Whisper seems to need the Coordinate babysitting more and without the initial castle Sai risks bad engagements. I wanna try it again for sure it def has potential although I really fear high HP generic swarms.

This was my problem too. It was just a lot to keep track of. I forgot about using the Optimised Prototype ability several times, and I didn't even realize Soontir could do two actions off the coordinate with Autothrusters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

That turn breakdown was really helpful actually. I struggled with which actions to take for each ship, so laying it all out is really good.