Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
I've never been at a geek convention and could use your help with lines to get in touch with the geeks... I've got a few:

"I kinda liked Star Trek... but when Gandalf turned out to be Luke's father... Mind blown!"

"Tomb Raider and the Goblet of Fire is intense!"

"Mario saving Cersei is such a cliché"

"Jackie Chan made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs!"

"I loving hate Bowser for what he did to Winterfell"

"Indiana Jones and the Chamber of Secrets is one of my favorit movies"

"I hear the most popular sunglasses in Star Wars is "Darth Shaders"..."

Anyone?

Uxzuigal fucked around with this message at 11:35 on May 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

hello, nice to meet you! by the way, I have stairs in my house. if you know what I mean . . . stairs . . . house . . . what? I don't know what kind of stairs, that's not . . . I bring it up not because I literally want to discuss stairs, I mean it's nice that you like spiral staircases, I'm really more trying to make a . . . well no I don't have a house. I have a studio apartment. I feel like you're not getting the spirit of what I'm saying. stairs. like, do you have them in your house.

ty nesamdoom!

WindmillSlayer

'i need to lose my virginity or i might literally murder people"

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
I hear that dating geeks is great- it's a way to get people just as weird as yourself... maybe I someone has dating advice?

"Hello, I like stamps - do you want to come over to my place to Stamp and chill?"

<3 <3 Vanisher

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat
"I don't think that the marriage of capitalism and tribalism is something to be glorified."

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

"The first time I bit the head off of a chicken was tough, but it really does get easier each time you do it."

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
In Kilingon: "extrovert, DeSDu' waqlIj jIH staring!"

Translation: "I'm an extrovert, I'm staring at YOUR shoes!"

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
Room S210B, North Concourse:

3:00 PM: Locker Stuffing Strategies: Techniques and Tips for Surviving the Ordeal Unscathed
4:00 PM: Milkcoin: the Lunch Cryptocurrency That Bullies Can't Steal
5:00 PM: Geek Meet and Greet (Bring Your Own Dice)

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

"I serve in a unique role in society, bringing the strange and disturbing in close proximity, reminding people this is often a harsh unforgiving world, that they too may be steps away from a violent end."

FutonForensic

mister magpie posted:

4:00 PM: Milkcoin: the Lunch Cryptocurrency That Bullies Can't Steal

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

"At night, when the circus has ended and the lights are extinguished I sometimes will stand in the center of the ring. Looking up at the empty paint cracked bleachers I let myself feel the cost of my choices and weep."

Papa Was A Video Toaster

"desudesudesudesudesu"

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

"Sometimes I get so mad I forget where I am."

Farecoal

There he go
"why yes, anime IS art!"

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
"I once touched a boob!!"
*Crowd states at me*
"Ok, so it was like this one girl"
*Crowd continues to stare*
"Ok, so maybe I just looked at it... ok? But she totally showed it to me"
*Continues staring*
"Ok damnit you, it was anime ok? A cartoon alright?! AND BY THE WAY I DID TOUCH IT!!! *sobs and runs off*"

<3 <3 Vanisher

rump buttman

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

“Right guard? child please, I prefer an aluminum chlorohydrate to keep my pit stains down. “

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
FOOOT BAWLLL!!!

Manifisto

"toga! toga! haha right guys?"

"I'd buy that for a drachma!"

"euripides trousers you pay for these trousers! eh? eh?"

ty nesamdoom!

Twenty Four

Stand in the middle of the convention and just keep yelling "BITCOIN!" at the top of your lungs over and over until someone comes to check on you.

Congratulations, you just met someone new!

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
idk it took me like six years (of active attendance) to finally approach the guys at Dallas A-Kon to play Battletech with so I can't really help you with random opening lines at a geek con...

I played Battletech for quite a few hours and then later that evening a woman approached me and invited me to a room party where there were a bunch of roller derby stars playing with violet wands... a few of the fellas that I had been gaming with were also there. I took a few slugs of liquor from the community chest and left because it was a bit too jam-packed and spectatorial for my tastes.

Then I hung out with some angry steampunk cultists until the trains started running.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

Manifisto posted:

hello, nice to meet you! by the way, I have stairs in my house. if you know what I mean . . . stairs . . . house . . . what? I don't know what kind of stairs, that's not . . . I bring it up not because I literally want to discuss stairs, I mean it's nice that you like spiral staircases, I'm really more trying to make a . . . well no I don't have a house. I have a studio apartment. I feel like you're not getting the spirit of what I'm saying. stairs. like, do you have them in your house.

Sadly I have no stairs in my house and I am not protected

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Bo-Pepper posted:

"At night, when the circus has ended and the lights are extinguished I sometimes will stand in the center of the ring. Looking up at the empty paint cracked bleachers I let myself feel the cost of my choices and weep."

take the moon

by sebmojo

Bo-Pepper posted:

"The first time I bit the head off of a chicken was tough, but it really does get easier each time you do it."

lol

----------------

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
wtb gf

StabMasterArson

It’s a me; Mario.

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

StabMasterArson posted:

It’s a me; Mario.

My culture isn't your video game!

Elephant Ambush

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
my wife and i play cosplay bingo

the free space is harley quinn

random spaces include:

deadpool

deadpool "cosplaying" as something else

the joker

poison ivy

storm trooper

generic jedi

iron man

captain america

ghostbuster

team fortress 2 character

chell from portal

d.va

mercy

link

the lol character with the huge shark bazooka

someone wearing jane's hat from firefly but not actually cosplaying as jane

misty from pokemon

princess peach

mario

ok i'll stop now sorry

----------------

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat
that;s a lot of things to say at the geek convention

TOOT BOOT

Bo-Pepper posted:

Meeksha

i did it all for the nookie
Ask me how!
-freb dust
i think the call of duty series is one of the greatest arguments for video games being an art form

i do competitive speed runs for navigating the options menu on like 40 different games... not to toot my own horn but nobody flies through the gamma settings as fast as me.

i think star wars episode I is one of the most important films of our generation. it was an exceptional remake of the original, too.

-----

come on and slam and welcome to the jam

Thank you Heather Papps for the summer sig!

Koishi Komeiji

How do you do fellow geeks? Any of you lads looking forward to the whimiscal musings of that colorful rogue Deadpool? I dare say that chap's mischief has "won the internet" as you fellow geeks would phrase it.

Koishi Komeiji

(In extremely clinically depressed nerd voice) Bazinga. :geno:

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

Koishi Komeiji posted:

(In extremely clinically depressed nerd voice) Bazinga. :geno:

I.Like.Rocks.

<3 <3 Vanisher

N. Senada

My kidneys are busted
“I cannot believe I’m still as awkward here as I am everywhere else.”

:ghost: Happy halloween :ghost:

Farecoal

There he go
Geeks can smell fear. Don't say anything that would give away how intimidated you are by their Hanzo steel katanas and trenchcoats

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat

Farecoal posted:

Geeks can smell fear. Don't say anything that would give away how intimidated you are by their Hanzo steel katanas and trenchcoats

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

Uxzuigal posted:

I.Like.Rocks.

I love lamp

Applewhite

by vyelkin
*following cosplay girl around, panting heavily*

----------------

Elephant Ambush

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
"oh hey look that's the 28th Dr. Who we've seen." :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

"I learned how to hammer a nail into my face today."

• Locked thread