Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Kanine posted:

im doing another round of star wars blaster collage/photobash designs.

id love suggestions on real life guns that you think would make bases for cool blasters?

I always thought the Passler Seidl looked Star-Warsy:
https://centerofthewest.org/2014/10/11/guns-of-the-week-ingenious_engineering/passler-seidl/

Also the Bergmann 1896 is already a blaster:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergmann_1896

If you want a neat long gun, look at the Chauchat:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chauchat

... or maybe the Magot pump action rifle:
https://www.historicalfirearms.info/post/175964181084/magot-pump-action-rifle-in-1880-mm-magot

The Krutzch Rifle has a really good shape and some awesome greebling too:
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog...-high-res-pics/

Comedy handgun option: An English Duckfoot Pistol:
https://www.ima-usa.com/products/original-british-1780-brass-flintlock-duck-s-foot-pistol-by-bunney-of-london?variant=26172346565

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

A proper Star Wars watch order has to include The Men Who Stare at Goats, which is absolutely a Star Wars movie the best Star Wars movie.

Maybe put it between the prequels and the originals?

Prophet of Nixon fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jan 16, 2022

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

(The overall-best Star Wars movies are Elysium and Mechanical Violator Hakaider).

Is Mortal Engines a Star Wars movie? It felt more like one than any of the sequel trilogy, to me.

Also I don't know why but Last Jedi broke (fixed?) my brain somewhat and I sold all of my Star Wars merchandise and books and things shortly after seeing it. Only a few months ago I sort of accidentally assembled an X Wing from some random legos and accepted that maybe an X Wing was OK again.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Halloween Jack posted:

I wonder how stun is even supposed to work. My best guess is that instead of shooting a bolt of plasma it sort of sprays it, and that creates a wall of compressed air that hits the target like a sheet of glass. That probably doesn't make scientific sense but it's my best guess as to how you stun someone with plasma.

I think this is how the Stouker Concussion Rifle was supposed to work.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

feedmyleg posted:

I still can't believe the ST as a whole is just a worse version of the EU books. When Disney bought Lucasfilm I never would have believed they'd gently caress it up thos bad. I can't believe how nostalgic I am for that old garbage now.

I feel like Star Wars died with Lucas Arts. Disney is just puppeting its corpse around.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

I walked out of TLJ kinda ambivalent... I didn't hate it; I liked it a lot more than Awakens; and it's better than Rise... but in the weeks after seeing it I just kinda started feeling down about Star Wars in general, and sold all of the Star Wars merchandise I'd accumulated over the years. Other than Rise (had to see how it ended?) I've had no interest in any of the franchise since then either.

Despite my general distaste at Awakens, it still has the best scene in the sequels with the Kylo/Rey/Finn snow fight at the end.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Honestly Empire has the same problem as Jedi and is kind of a slog between the evacuation of Echo Base sequence at the beginning and the excellent Cloud City sequence at the end.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Mameluke posted:

they should do a star wars set so far back that it's a literal sandal and sorcery epic with swords made of metal and no loving space ships

And resurrect Basil Poledouris to write the score!

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Robot Style posted:

They even had the moment in the elevator where they had mutual "I foresaw you would join me" prophecies, so it would make story sense for Rey to accept his offer even if it's only temporary or a ruse for something else.

I had absolutely loved the movie up until this point, but everything after completely reversed my feelings about it until I left the theater in disgust, and sold all of my Star Wars books and merchandise shortly thereafter. The end of that movie is where Star Wars stopped being an awesome fictional universe full of potential untold stories and just became "some brand" to me.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

General Battuta posted:

Would you say Star Wars was ruined forever?

I dunno about forever, I've softened on it a bit since then. I still like seeing toys of original movie and especially prequel spaceships, and I've been meaning to replay Dark Forces now that there's a source port for it. Haven't watched any of the movies or anything since though.

Edit: I feel like the sequel trilogy is ruined forever and can't really be rehabilitated in any way though. There's just nothing really there to like. Each movie just sabotages itself and squanders any of its own potential, and there's nothing coherent between them either.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

galagazombie posted:

As part of this fan wikis (ESPECIALLY ones for superhero comics) present everything in-universe chronologically instead of by the publishing order. So you get a bunch of weird contradictory backstory retcons that current writers have forgotten about, all right at the start of the article. Pages will start with things like “Early Life: SuperSteve is a robot clone who lived during the Jurassic where in his first act he caused the dinosaurs to die”. Where being a robot was a retcon from a story written in 1987 that has since been ignored, being a clone was a retcon from a story written in 1974 that has since been ignored, Killing the Dinosaurs was from a time-travel story written in 2009, and absolutely none of this has anything to do his actual origin story from 1966 where he is a scientist who got tree powers when he was bitten by a radioactive tree. But that origin and the fact he is a tree themed superhero is buried halfway down the page after several paragraphs about robot clones.

Movie when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Vinylshadow posted:

The bottom row is 'retro' colored which gives 'em Borderlands highlights
Jar Jar looks like someone dipped him in a fryer

So what happens when someone dips Funko Pops in a fryer?