Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Solo sounds like a godawful mess and that kinda owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Barudak posted:

I get that, but did they have that many unsold Darth Maul figurines they could repackage? A new character is more bucks!!!

yeah but now it's Darth Maul with robot legs! you can sell the same amount of figures as a new character, while being able to re-use half the materials of the unsold figures. Its brilliant

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I can't believe the Empire is discriminatory against cultures that don't use last names

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
why did they give Finn a new love interest? did Finn get officially friendzoned by Rey or something?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
bring back Lando and then immediately kill him.Introduce him for 5 seconds just so the audience recognizes it's Lando, have him get shot right after, and then just linger on his corpse for another 30 minutes or so

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
"Hey that's funny, you have the same name as the daughter I abandoned on a desert planet because she was just too drat good at the Force."

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
135 minutes of the cantina theme

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Darth TNT posted:

LOL,rose did so well crashing into Finn they promoted her.

it's easy to advance in an organization with roughly a dozen people in it

also lol at all the times "the First Order ambushes our dumbass heroes, but [future action figure x] arrives and saves them" appears

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I hope Harrison Ford got one million dollars from Disney for each word of dialogue to come back.

The force ghost of that one droid that self destructed at the beginning of episode 4 is going to do all the talking for him

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
yes the little droid was force sensitive and it's dumb as hell and I love it

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Colostomy Bag posted:

I always wondered how Palpatine was as a kid.

his name was Rey

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Palpatine is Thanos I guess, you heard it here first

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The red eyes and red arm are supposed to clue you in that it's not the real C-3P0, it's Venom C-3P0

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
While the First Order was working on the Starkiller base the New Republic was hard at work on their greatest tool: the galaxy's largest white flag

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
they're poo poo

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Kylo Ren in Last Jedi: It's time to let old things die

Kylo Ren in Skywalker Rises or whatever the gently caress: Hey Emperor Palpatine please boss me around I've been a bad bad boy

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
It's the only "leak" so far to mention Lando in any capacity so it's slightly more credible than the others, but still probably like 90% bullshit

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Timeless Appeal posted:

I think it says a lot.

It reflects on the ultimate emptiness of the Dark Side. The Dark Side has nothing to offer you. There is no insight or greater power beyond the material world. It's only your own fear and anger in a literal echo chamber.

But it is also showing us what Rey's actual fear and weakness is: Being alone. It's what makes her vulnerable to Kylo in the film. She is someone who had no parents, found friends only to have to leave most of them, and left them to find the man who she thought could lead her to her place in the universe had become bitter and uninterested. She is tantalized at the end of the seemingly infinite Reys by the image of what might be her parents only to find just herself.

This ends up mirroring what Kylo thinks is the sort of killing blow to her sense of self: That her parents were nothing, just a bunch of jerks, but she doesn't have to be alone with him. The ending for the film is her find empowerment in all of this. She doesn't need Luke or her parents or Kylo. She'll define herself and she'll define what it means to be a Jedi.

that would be a neat idea but you've read into it a lot more than the film has, as it did nothing with it and did not explore it in any way

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the TRAITOR guy accomplished more in 3 minutes of screentime than Phasma did in 2 films' worth

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I gotta be honest, when Maz says she's handling a "labor dispute" I assumed that was just a cheeky way of saying that some of her criminal associates that she hired for a job double-crossed her, I don't think she's actually a Space Pinkerton.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

euphronius posted:

He burned the corpse on the forest moon of Endor . Many people must have seen that and commented etc to reporters and republican propagandists who knows it doesn’t loving matter how she knows she does.

YubYub the Ewok went on to become the galaxy's greatest war correspondent

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
millions upon millions of dollars spent to explain the goofy-rear end Leia flying thru space scene in TLJ

also I guess there was no point to Rey going to train with Luke, since he taught her nothing and Leia could have just done it herself?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The fact that hes splitting this up into 3 parts screams "I'm making this up for attention" to me

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Wow Rose as the new Jar Jar Binks makes a lot of sense

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Captain Jesus posted:

Based on the plot leaks it seems that the movie is not gonna be 3 hours. It's gonna be endless.

Star Wars: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker: Act I

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
when Han Solo said "May the Force Be With You" in A New Hope it's because he was a secret Jedi, that's also why he wasn't instantly vaporized when he chased all those stormtroopers down that hallway

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Palpatine mentions midichlorians in episode III, and that dude seemed pretty drat knowledgeable about the force

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

El Burbo posted:

Though notably Sheev does say “use the force to influence the midichlorians” and not “use the midichlorians to influence the force”. Big difference!

yeah its hard to tell if that's the intent and the Jedi have how the Force works completely backwards or if George Lucas is a HACK

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

garycoleisgod posted:

If Qui-Gon was meant to be an example of an ideal jedi, how come in the first scene he's in Obi-Wan correctly senses there's something wrong with this whole trade dispute deal (seeming to feel Sidious behind it all already) and Qui-Gon tells him to shut up as they are facing cowards who will fold easily?

Sure got that one wrong.

yeah he also got killed! so much for a master jedi, idiot!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Hodgepodge posted:

You could argue that nothing is more Star Wars than missing the point:

Vader: The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

*is proven correct*

His team spends the next X films obsessing over the ability to destroy a planet.

well it's either build a big rear end superlaser or defeat the most powerful soldier in your army in single combat for the right to get trained/tortured by a gross old dude cuz no one else is gonna teach you

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
just an old man shooting lightning at the sky, having the best time of his life

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

On the right we have: Maybe like 5% of the First Order's forces
One the left we have: The entirety of the Resistance

Who will win? Tune in to find out!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
R2 randomly keeps backups of his boyfriend's personality
Kylo shows up for the final battle to immediately die
Rose has vanished into the ether

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

frest posted:

So did Rose die from her injuries off screen in this leak?

she went off to wherever the hell Jar Jar went to after the prequels

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

euphronius posted:

They knew what she was doing and would have stopped it if they had their shields up

So it was something that was possible in their minds and maybe has happened before to unshielded ships.

why were the shields down

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

euphronius posted:

I have no idea I wasn’t there

you sure do post like you were

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
so when Holdo was sloooooooowly turning the ship around it never occured to Hux or the other commanders in charge of the other ships to put their shields up because she was going to ram them at hyperspeed?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

FlamingLiberal posted:

also if she was going to do that anyway she should have done it before the First Order wiped out most of the transports

I can kind of understand that, since I think Holdo's plan was to just be a big obvious target for the FO to focus on and while they were killing her they wouldn't notice the little transports, at least until the anti-cloaking button pusher did his job

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

SolarFire2 posted:

Wasn't part of the reason they needed the hacker was so they could get through the shields of the big bad ship?

IIRC they needed to mimic the security codes for the big bad ship so the FO wouldn't immediately blow them to smithereens as soon as they approached the ship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Preston Waters posted:

If you nitpick any Star Wars film you're going to be able to bitch about literally everything.

I've pointed out repeatedly in this very thread that you could do it to the OT films big time but nobody will because they came first and thus are in some kind of protected echelon or some crap.

it's because they're good movies