Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side of the New War of Love & Brains are you on?
IshiBame
IshIino
View Results

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Just Chika then I assume Kaguya and Miyuki will get the last two chapters.

Don't forget the neice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!

:perfect:

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

LostRook posted:

Kaguya and Shirogane are going to graduate, Iino wins the election and decides to appoint Ishigami as her VP and the cycle starts all over again.

Called it some time ago.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Which member do you think will be the Fujiwara?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Mraagvpeine posted:

Which member do you think will be the Fujiwara?

Aka already told us

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

LostRook posted:

Called it some time ago.

I know the feeling, but adtrw needs to know that I’m always right

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Namtab posted:

I know the feeling, but adtrw needs to know that I’m always right

But you were wrong about Carol. :carol:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I laughed so goddamn hard when the time skip happened, and I laughed even harder when I realized what Aka was going for.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

are they really the 69th student council

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Super Jay Mann posted:

But you were wrong about Carol. :carol:

i wasn't, but that was 10 years ago

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
A new Karen and Erika being spontaneously generated is just :discourse: as gently caress.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
One last Fujiwara for the road.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

https://guya.cubari.moe/read/manga/Kaguya-Wants-To-Be-Confessed-To/279/1/ youre allowed to post the link :)

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

yeah, thats the chika ending we all deserve

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Subject F is initiated.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Our lord of chaos

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Fujiwara is a good friend

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
That was masterfully done. Could not have expected better.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
I thought they were gonna be a girl, but it's nice that Branch Boy got to appear for atleast one chapter.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
It feels uncharacteristically coy the way Aka keeps subtly raising his eyebrows about Fujiwara's theoretical orientation (often in direct connection to Hayasaka)

maybe it's a limitation of the magazine it runs in?

also after seeing the Iino/ishigami conclusion chapters I now feel convinced that Iino never got over herself and broached the subject, so if they do end up together it will be one of those relationships where the nurturing gets too anxious about the idea of leaving the scatterbrained one to their own devices

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

It feels uncharacteristically coy the way Aka keeps subtly raising his eyebrows about Fujiwara's theoretical orientation (often in direct connection to Hayasaka)

maybe it's a limitation of the magazine it runs in?

Maybe, but it's unlikely. It's a seinen magazine, from the same publisher as Shonen Jump, and Shonen Jump itself ran a color spread of a full-on lesbian orgy.

I think it's more likely that Aka was unsure if he wanted it as just a running gag or an actual character beat, and he knew he'd piss people off either way, so keeping things up in the air avoids trouble.

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Oct 20, 2022

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Iino and Ishigami deniers in shambles. Resorting to convincing themselves that even if they do date it won't be happy.

You hate to see it.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

Maybe, but it's unlikely. It's a seinen magazine, from the same publisher as Shonen Jump, and Shonen Jump itself ran a color spread of a full-on lesbian orgy.

I think it's more likely that Aka was unsure if he wanted it as just a running or an actual character beat, and he knew he'd piss people off either way, so keeping things up in the air avoids trouble.
I think it’s less him being coy or anything like that and more him deciding that having Chika’s role in the story is better as a more static thing. She’s kinda the student council character without a real arc because she enters the story in her actualised state.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Iino and Ishigami deniers in shambles. Resorting to convincing themselves that even if they do date it won't be happy.

You hate to see it.

It’s really shameful tbh

OnimaruXLR posted:

also after seeing the Iino/ishigami conclusion chapters I now feel convinced that Iino never got over herself and broached the subject, so if they do end up together it will be one of those relationships where the nurturing gets too anxious about the idea of leaving the scatterbrained one to their own devices
Like I don’t know where you’re getting this convoluted theory from when the ending is literally just “Ishigami and Iino wound up in a love is war situation” and you’ve spent near 300 chapters seeing how that plays out

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
My issue with Iino and Ishigami was always if he rebounded right away to her after being shot down. Them ending up in another love is war cycle which actually gives Ishigami time to get there is fine in my book even if I think he actually had better chemistry with Maki at the end. :colbert:

As for Chika I am shocked out of all things she wants a Sumo Wrestler.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Hayasaka has her work ahead of her.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It was literally never going to go any other way than Ishigami and Iino, given the flower thing was established super early. Even if he gets with her on the rebound that’s valid too.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Namtab posted:

It was literally never going to go any other way than Ishigami and Iino, given the flower thing was established super early. Even if he gets with her on the rebound that’s valid too.

I saw all the signs for Ishigami and Iino, and there was a lot of setup. It just never had that spark for me.

Incredibly subjective, I know, but even though I liked them both, and I saw why they fit together well on paper, in the action proper it never quite sang. (While Maki and Ishigami kinda did, despite much less setup.)

But again, that's just me.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

A central theme of the manga is that love is this messy thing and the only character that believes in true love is the excessively sheltered Kaguya. The longest running actual couple in the series explicitly has the girl say she wasn’t that interested in the guy to begin with, Kaguya and Miyuki spend half of the series playing games due to pride, Maki is punished throughout due to an inability to be honest, and Ishigami and Iino are essentially both attracted to the attributes of each other both of personal trauma. To say that a relationship born of a rebound is less worthy or valid in this setting is kinda missing the point.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Namtab posted:

A central theme of the manga is that love is this messy thing and the only character that believes in true love is the excessively sheltered Kaguya. The longest running actual couple in the series explicitly has the girl say she wasn’t that interested in the guy to begin with, Kaguya and Miyuki spend half of the series playing games due to pride, Maki is punished throughout due to an inability to be honest, and Ishigami and Iino are essentially both attracted to the attributes of each other both of personal trauma. To say that a relationship born of a rebound is less worthy or valid in this setting is kinda missing the point.

Oh, no. Wasn't saying that at all. Just that their relationship dynamic was somewhat less fun for me to read, not that it was fundamentally less valid.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

Oh, no. Wasn't saying that at all. Just that their relationship dynamic was somewhat less fun for me to read, not that it was fundamentally less valid.

Nah that reply was more for overlord K’s post and I didn’t see your reply. I’ve got some thoughts I want to put down as to why I thought Iino and Ishigami was the correct choice, I just need a few minutes to articulate properly.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Bet that Fujiwara wants to marry a sumo wrestler because standing next to him, she'd always look thin and nobody could tell her she's putting on weight ever again

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Someone’s been reading my fanfics

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I don't recall, did Iino ever learn that Ishigami gave her the flower?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I don’t think so, no, but I guess she will in my personal headcanon version of their romance that I get to make up because Aka Akasaka is cool like that.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Personally, I'd like it if Iino and Ishigami went out on one date, realized they'd be terrible with each other, and just became friends.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I hope she gets hit by a car, and standing over her broken body Ishigami realizes that he never even liked her. As the final sparks of life in her are going out Ishigami turns around without bothering to call an ambulance, trash on the road is more of a sanitation issue than an emergency.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Gaius Marius posted:

I hope she gets hit by a car, and standing over her broken body Ishigami realizes that he never even liked her. As the final sparks of life in her are going out Ishigami turns around without bothering to call an ambulance, trash on the road is more of a sanitation issue than an emergency.

:ohno:

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
That's really loving weird, dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I vote we all ignore that and move on to discussing if Subject F could become the world champion of Sumo