Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Irrationally upset about losing the goal difference advantage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

This knockout round has been brutal. Messi, then Ronaldo, then Spain, then...uh, Kasper Schmeichel, I guess. Anything can happen. Bodes well. Hope Gareth has the lads thinking positive and we start aggressive. Being as un-England as possible can win the day.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Lads it’s an amazing feeling to walk around with that flag on your chest and know that you can go toe to toe with any man from anywhere because you’re made of the same stuff as Kane and Trippier and Pickford and all of those other brave boys. Back to reality and preparation for Sweden tomorrow. What a day.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

I will get questions about why I’m taking a 3.5 hour lunch this Wednesday. Better not hang about to watch in the office, though evangelization has been going well.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Feels like Sweden should have been the Round of 16 game and Colombia the QF. Hope Gareth can keep the lads focused; air’s about to get a lot thinner.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

African AIDS cum posted:

Modric really is an incredible player and should be up for the balon dor

He seems to do a lot. Real Madrid are so loaded, though, it's easy for him to get overlooked in the grand scheme. (Well, when that team also has the best Costa Rican, Welsh, Portuguese [until just this week] and maybe German player in the world, easy for that to happen.)

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Hey random question from a dumb Anglo-American - I see England flags with names of towns and cities on them being displayed at games. Who makes/stitches those?

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Should have just Googled. Found what I was looking for.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

oliwan posted:

Which is?

A place called Barmy Flags (but I’m sure there are others).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

we'd have probably been merked by France in the final.

• Locked thread