Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Genuises wasn't a top tier episode but I really hope they do an entire episode exploring the concept of the "Global Midwest"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Ugh I just remembered the phrase "that car was like a clit on wheels"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

One of the worst sentences I've ever heard.

But then came "nobody hated pussy like 80s nerds" which is one of the best so it evens out.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I would listen to a podcast that was just Aimee Mann very intensely smoking a cigar directly into a microphone.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I wish this show had the clipping community that Cumtown does, because I really want a supercut of Branson putting the emphasis on the wrong syllable.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

goddamn that was an amazing cold open

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

"One thing Satan likes to do is sit crisscross applesauce on the floor and we'll all sit behind him and watch him play Breath of the Wild on the big TV"
"Is that fun?"
"For him"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

E1 please release a rpg sourcebook

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I wonder why the account he's responding to was suspended.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

snoremac posted:

^^Thanks.

I don't understand the Black Flanders joke. I mean before it became a thing, when Felix says it in his Two Weeks Paid Leave rant and Branson loses it.

"Black Flanders by NBA Stupid A$$" is a fake rap song and artist name playing off White Iverson by Post Malone in which he sings about feeling like a white version of professional basketball player Allen Iverson, and the artist NBA YoungBoy. The idea being that Felix's character, Officer Joey Prezbosiac, doesn't know about rap so mixed up the artist and got the names wrong to a humorously absurd result.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I was listening to the latest episode while I was running errands, and I pulled into a parking space just as Branson started reading his poem. So I thought I'd sit and wait to hear the entire poem before I got out of the car.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Is Ben a real person or a character they invented?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I'm still not convinced that Ben was a real person.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Have they done a True Crime episode? I tried to search for it but as you can imagine, googling E1 Podcast True Crime is not very effective

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Is Hashman alive?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

It says who shot Dr. Yinz, not who killed him. It's possible that the survived the shooting because the bullet was very small, as if it was fired from a tiny gun designed to be carried by an extremely small man...

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

snoremac posted:

What's the reason Terra Haute is the E1 homeland? Was Branson raised there?

Yeah. The whole podcast is full of references to Terre Haute history, locales, and characters.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I really thought there was gonna some kinda twist with French Fry's cool nephew. Which, in retrospect, was foolish.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

ElectricWizard posted:

Also, Branson’s girlfriend sharing her grievances on the charity stream while Branson laid on the floor like a murdered street dog is good content.

yeah but now I'm worried about Branson's health. Getting into and out of chairs shouldn't be that hard :(

Also I'm surprised they aren't selling prints of the Painting That Will Heal The World, I know I'd buy one.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

A couple days ago I got into a car accident while I had an episode of E1 playing on my phone, and in my post-shock haze the first thing I did after putting the car in park was dumbly feel around to try to find my phone and shut it off because I didn't want someone to open the door to see if I was alright and hear a list of causes of death of the Branson Boys.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Is it just me or do all their bidens sound different

Yeah they put more effort into doing old man voices.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Jestery posted:

Should I watch the swimmer before listening?

I didn't and thoroughly enjoyed the review

Springfield Fatts posted:

I mean do you need to really know anything they talk about before listening? I'd rather pound 8 beers and eat 16 eggs (a Branson's dozen) to get in the headspace before watching some old rear end movie.

Yeah I put off listening to the Sideways episode for a bit because I hadn't seen the movie and thought I wouldn't get some of the jokes.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

super fart shooter posted:

I’m way behind on eps but I just listened to the nanowrimo one and holy gently caress Branson’s story had me in tears, I could hardly breathe lmao this poo poo is so stupid

Oh god. I thought that episode was a bit of a miss until it got to that part

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

sexpig by night posted:

stuff like 'your cool pussy', 'I have wet dreams on the OTHER side of my underwear I wanna gently caress so bad', and that one episode where a character called pussy 'grinch' is why E1 sex jokes will always be golden

The sexually aggressive female characters in the audio movies are always fantastic.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

i really appreciated Charles this episode. His character was the younger son at a funeral home who wants to bring fresh ideas to the business, and Branson set him up go a very expected path with that, with the Tiktok stuff at the beginning. But Charles refused to do the expected internet youth culture bullshit like Tiktoks or NFTs, he had a different and very stupid idea for that character. And he stuck with it throughout the whole episode and forced everyone else to interact with the possibility of the dead coming back to life and requiring new funeral services. That is an impressive level of dedication and comedic vision

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The This Is Us parody where the town is under constant threat from a meteor and the first time the meteor talks Branson stops the show to ask the audience to guess who insisted that the meteor talk

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I pictured Branson as significantly fatter than that

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Getting oddly close to a Walt Tremblay vs Harry Plinkett matchup

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Pamela is my new favorite anime character. One of the E1 boys has a real talent for writing dialogue for female characters.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Voicemails to Ben is such a fantastic thing to listen to at night.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The The Thing Pop That Corn was mainly them brainstorming ideas for an E1 Meets The Thing episode.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The Poop Doctor was so good. Finally they do a bit that doesn't overstay it's welcome.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I have never been more excited for an episode based on the description before

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/intellegint/status/1507024975693168642?s=20&t=m-67dbLXPfodWC1ZZpd9xA

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

It's funny how weirdly much they hate children's authors.

you don't?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I gotta be honest whenever Branson talked about Daegoth Ur before I'd assumed he was an Orc from Warcraft.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

General Dog posted:

Or Lola Bunny, for that matter.

Madea and Lola Bunny would be an insane duo on the court

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

What's wild is that he based his team on the idea that Goku could teach everyone to teleport, but canonically Goku never taught anyone the Instant Transmission technique.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I was listening to the first Skunk Welcher episode and "Nature makes a cruel bitch of us all" is a top ten E1 quote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Is this the Chet Shitley origin story??

Is it Chet Shitley? This whole time I thought it was poo poo Shitley