Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

JBP posted:

Lazy, underwhelming and ugly.

Please don't sign your posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Ahuh.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

:thunk:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

JBP posted:

What about violence against men?

I'm for it, personally.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

:drat:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Question to anyone reading: Did going through your parents divorce make you feel like you don't want to have children?

I still wanted kids, someday. My two siblings got turned off to the idea, though.

Ironically now I'm probably 100% infertile and my mum's distraught at the idea of never having grandkids so welp

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Apparently my street is now hooked up to the NBN and the node is probably 1km of cable distance away, even though they said it'd be FTTC.

"It can't be any worse than what we already have", my dad keeps saying. Yeah loving right.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Well looks like we got cut off from ADSL eight days before our NBN service is supposed to start. Fantastic.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Reclines Obesily posted:

my favourite memory of ADSL was when someone accidentally put my phone number as theirs when switching their provider so I was cut off for 4 weeks

Mine was when we were moving and they cut us off three weeks early and then didn't reconnect us for another four afterwards

Obliterate Telstra

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Oh okay the NBN order is still 'pending' but they changed us to a new DSL password in advance of that anyway. Sure. Okay.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Senor Tron posted:

Isn't Dodo the one that actually had "Internet that flies!" as its slogan? Despite Dodos going extinct in no small part due to their inability to fly?

Yeah, that jingle was fuckin' awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Periphery posted:

By 2020 Foxtel is switching all their pay TV services to satellite. Why? Because the NBN is too expensive and that satellite is "the best option for high quality video images watched on the large screens in homes and other venues".

https://www.finder.com.au/foxtel-moving-cable-customers-to-satellite

incredible