Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

mila kunis posted:

doesnt seem very french nationalist to vote for someone from italy

napoleon would beg to differ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

not many neoliberal death cultists dare to show their true colors on cspam, you have to admire the chutzpah if nothing else

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

twoday posted:

The pirates did quite will in Czechia

I'm very curious about what the cherry flavor party is

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

i say swears online posted:

what does your heart tell you the Komunistická strana Čech a Moravy is

this is what my heart tells me

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Orange Devil posted:

Reminder that it's official US policy to boost the European far right.

Also unofficial Russian policy.

Can you point me to the specifics? It's not that I don't believe it, I just want the details

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Orange Devil posted:

Yeah tbh I can't imagine the world passing me by and becoming the kind old racist grandpa except instead of racist add in whatever the civil rights struggle of that day will be.

Except you know, it's still going to be racism isn't it? It's just loving going to continue being the same dumb poo poo arguing about whether all human beings really do deserve the so-called universal human rights. Yes, no matter their skin colour. Or who they like to gently caress. Or what's going on between their legs. Like the only possible new thing here is going to be like, android or AI rights or whatever, and like, that doesn't seem so difficult and lol let's see any of that poo poo become actual reality first.

Racist grampses tend not to be the people who were radical or even progressive in their younger days so much as passive participants in the culture who considered politics an unwelcome distraction from the petty affairs of their lives

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I'm very late to this conversation but lol at the sticks in the mud itt who are anti Halloween

Like, sure, death to America, but how can you not see the joy in Gay Christmas

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

ha, Europe sux so bad. there are only two fascist parties in government in the US

No, there's really only one, though it likes to sell itself as 2 in typical American extravagance.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

lol it's like how in the US there's those freaks who go on about the classics are culturally superior but probably couldn't even identify the moonlit sonata if it was played. it's bad enough to be reactionary and to use the classics as a cultural cudgel, but to be illiterate in them too? what a world

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It’s Moonlight Sonata, you pleb. Pretty obvious that you have no love for the gaming classics.

Hey, I never pretended I wasn't a philistine

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I remember being on the western border of Germany a couple of years ago waiting for a train to Paris. It was late by like an hour.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

How flattering, he'd have done it for 10 million euro instead of the 150k if he'd have known thr significance of the target.

I thought assassins did that kind of homework.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

yeah the orcs weren't even at the battle of five armies

edit did that get retconned in the movie? i coulda swore the book only had goblins, not orcs

Goblins are orcs in middle earth, dummy!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

icantfindaname posted:

It sure is weird how the main effect of this was is a giant sales orgy for American weapons and fossil fuels, with literally every other party being drastically impoverished, huh?

Sounds bullish for the USD

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

SplitSoul posted:

Read this to die instantly.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Well, I mean, I suppose if you want an expert opinion...

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

A welded rebar cage. That's like something a slaver would use in post apocalyptic media.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I think they meant the bread with chocolate sprinkles

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Tankbuster posted:

lmao, behaving like pigs.

I don't get it, pigs aren't especially obedient, in fact, they're often quite the opposite

Dogs would have been the more fitting pejorative in this context

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I left Germany in 2021, and the thought of going back there to live while this is going on kind of turns my stomach

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

What do like, not-CSPAM brained people make of the Israel poo poo on eurovision

I'd like to think if anything, it would be fanning antipathy for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

hey mom its 420 posted:

hmm that’s a good take.

I was under the impression that it was because the plantation owners needed something to divide black slaves and irish workers who were starting to revolt together.

It can be more than 1 thing