Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

and that's our left wing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Orange Devil posted:

Dare I ask what your right wing's alternative looks like?

concentration camp on a remote island.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

A Buttery Pastry posted:

there's not enough water on earth to drown denmark

it would probably help though, because it'd force us to rebuild as an island city state

e: without a dam at least

sure there is. when all the ice has melted, sea levels will have risen about 70m. that's plenty to drown us.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

A Buttery Pastry posted:

it is absolutely not. even at this level, you could have everyone live at copenhagen level density with 75% of the land uninhabited. the pigs could get the rest at a slightly lower population density.

well I'll be damned.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Mans posted:

The last time we had an economic crisis, the entire periphery countries were labeled "GIPSI" and blamed for the entire debacle, you're seriously telling me that blaming this entire crisis on a third party (evil russia who made us voluntarily collapse our own economy) and their devious EU agents (anyone who doesn't agree with mass privatization and erosion of workers rights while losing 80% of their wages in rent and gas) isn't the most convenient and and obvious thing that will happen?

I forgot about GIPSI lol

anyway yes the EU is gonna repeatedly slam the cannibalize button like maniacs.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Truga posted:

really wish we'd ban facebooks and other american media already, seems to have worked great for china

satrapies can't very well ban the emperor's propaganda outlets.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

SplitSoul posted:

Yes. They previously sold control of the national energy grid to Goldman Sachs. They're also planning on shipping refugees to a concentration camp in Rwanda.

The nominally left-most party, the Unity List, made complete fools of themselves recently by refusing to consider the Rwanda camp plan a dealbreaker, they would only withdraw support from the government once a person was actually put on a plane. Then the Social Democrats proclaimed they would seek a coalition across the aisle anyway.

I briefly considered voting for the Free Greens, they've actually said some incredibly radical stuff lately, that we need to end private property and expropriate agricultural land, etc., and most of their candidates are non-white, but they're polling at 0.7% and unlikely to get in.

EL adopting neoliberalism was probably the final death knell. it's just a dozen flavors of neoliberalism now.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Tankbuster posted:

lol wtf happened with danes?

liberalism.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Mans posted:

A radical party with callsign B is too on the nose lmao

they're radical centrists

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

SplitSoul posted:

The New Right nazis already lost one of their two new seats because the boyfriend of an MP got violent at their election victory party and she was mad that she had to apologize. :lmao:

When she's done collecting her bennies doing nothing for four years she can go back to being a schoolteacher. :stonklol:

lmao

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

my dad posted:

Gotta say, I expected colder weather in Berlin. People kept warning me "it's cold up north" but so far tracksuit bottom + tshirt + leather vest seems to be more than warm enough for spending several hours outdoors.

it's a record breaking warm autumn.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

probably just a coincidence

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Carthag Tuek posted:

social democrats should just stop pretending & change their name to the turd poop party

hey we have a majority, lets shove out the left wingers and join hands with the right! that has never been a stupid idea :bravo:

the national social democrats

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

abolish limited liability.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

SplitSoul posted:

Here's an example of the lovely ambience unwanted refugees get to enjoy all day, feels like home.

https://twitter.com/24syv/status/1110851949849726976

we need to be denazified

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Orange Devil posted:

They won't; there is no hell.

wrong. they will, because this is hell.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Frosted Flake posted:

This seems insane. I know someone who studied in Copenhagen and I thought the Danish academy had a reputation for being, just, well, nice. I would not have expected this level of state involvement and witch hunting, but maybe I've just bought into Denmark's PR.

the nazis thought our police state was a bit much

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Frosted Flake posted:

So if this is how they rewrote the history of the Cold War, how do Danes talk about WW2?

Only a hundred or so joined up with the Allies, right? Compared to thousands in the Heer and SS? Denmark also never formed a Government-in-Exile, which might explain the above.

How is that usually explained, and how would you explain it?

we got all the jews out and did sabotage and then the war ended. nothing else happened.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

as a chud, I think it looks good. problem?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Weka posted:

yeah, I'm a chud and it looks like stinking euros to me

you love europe

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Weka posted:

I try and love everyone. You didn't choose to be a type of dog.

you think all europeans are good boys

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

SplitSoul posted:

Whole bunch of customers over the years at the neo-nazi Nordic Resistance Movement's webshop got doxxed.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

mobning ftw

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

danish is a type of Dutch

there used to be a dutch colony on amager

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

lobster shirt posted:

cigarettes ftw

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Carthag Tuek posted:

fwiw it is still rotten here

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

euroshopper posted:

do nordic countries still see themselves as more fiscally responsible than the swarthy tawny mediterraneans or is that old school now?

nordic countries see ourselves as the best at everything, including fiscal discipline

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I was assured it was the Alabama of Europe, in many ways.

that’s austria

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

one of the few good things about europe is how mad we make americans

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Orange Devil posted:

A pipeline is supposed to have a big hole in it.

it's supposed to have two :dadjoke:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Orange Devil posted:

It's one big hole bitch.

drat ..

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Cookie Cutter posted:

Varoufakis does indeed spit fire but I agree with a sentiment i saw someone make elsewhere on SA that he is a classic Eurocom who will twist themselves into knots to avoid applying Marxism to straightforwardly call a spade a spade, and try to make up their own fresh new concepts such as "technofeudalism"

there is a great need to apply marxism to contemporary western political economy, but varoufakis tends to studiously avoid it, using it as a kind of boundary to determine where to stay away from rather than where to stay inside.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

nonsense. swedes are a type of finn

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

A Buttery Pastry posted:

My claim that the Germans are the Englishmen of Europe continues to be proven correct.

well, anglo-saxons were germanic

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

the european political class is impressively detached from material reality, even by the lofty standards of liberal detachment from material reality.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

the other subcontinent

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

the great filter was invented by an economist

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

bring it back

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Stairmaster posted:

I hope they win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

china has it out for sweden, and they're right.