Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rate the Thread!
This poll is closed.
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
7 100.00%
Total: 7 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Doesn’t look like anything to me.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I bought brink launch day lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Kongming posted:

Reminded me of the other Final Fantasy disaster, this video perfectly encapsulates how terrible it was. See how far you can get before you die of boredom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7juiwNhbOM

the turnaround from absolute dumpster fire tier MMO to one of the best in years still blows me away

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

That time Treyarch brought Oliver North, former USMC Lieutenant-Colonel and international war criminal, in to do voice and mocap for a cameo in an 80s flashback level in Black Ops II.

Also, former 4-Star General David Petraeus was written into the game as the Secretary of Defense in 2025 (he didn’t actually cameo, though) which is funny considering the game released only three days after news about his affair with his biographer came out and started a scandal that would end his career shortly after.

Was this the one where the climax takes place on the aircraft carrier USS Obama

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Tetsuya Mizuguchi produced a hack n slash 360 exclusive, with the big draw being how the game could render 100s of models on screen at once. Of course every time this actually happened the framerate slowed down to a crawl, the plot was boring nonsense, and the gameplay was the worst of mid aughts dynasty warriors button mashing. It somehow got a sequel which I don’t think a single human played

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

extremebuff posted:

ive never understood why so many people worshiped schafer because he made a decent game 20 years ago (that aged like poo poo btw) and has done nothing besides that, i remember seeing on twitter that someone compared him to Iwata, a legend who helped shape the game industry and has developed countless all-time classics. what the hell is wrong with people

the 2000s were an incredibly dark time for western gaming

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

the bad mobile games are just using the same exact code as their competitors now lmao

https://kotaku.com/bethesda-sues-makers-of-westworld-game-saying-it-uses-1827054508

quote:

The Westworld game resembles Fallout Shelter, a management sim released three years ago for smartphones and later on PS4, Xbox One, PC, and most recently the Nintendo Switch. Kotaku ran an article saying as much, which Bethesda even cites as Exhibit L in the suit, despite still having the site blacklisted and never responding to our emails.

lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

There were like 6 completely different ports of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and out of all of them the best one by far ended up being the Gameboy Color version which was a fairly challenging turn based RPG

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lmfao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lmao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

oh yeah this had billy bob thorton and dennis hopper somehow

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

elf help book posted:

the brink buyers gang

sign me up

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

goferchan posted:

If you forgot about the context of this like I did I urge you to watch to the end for a big surprise

they rereleased it last year on PS4 and you can play as duke nukem lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Pulled out? lmfao

The Pull Out Method, A Guide to Video Game Marketing by Plutonis

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Don’t worry everyone, I had the foresight to perfectly preserve all of the most popular flip phone games *opens door revealing thousands of breakout clones*

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Dude

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

ZombiU is the game that got Patrick Klepek into Dark Souls

Oh yeah, THAT happened

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

mods please rename me Sonic’s Toned Calves

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the games awards

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lmfao wtf

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I can’t wait

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Plutonis posted:

I never even heard of that lovely game before people linked me that crap two days ago. I honestly feel they wanted some outrage marketing after getting the money from Epic

People are getting super mad on twitter about it and posting fake discord screenshots so it’s about as side splittingly hilarious as you’d expect.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Make this the Games forum description TIA

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Sometimes I think about 15 yo me reading something awful in 2000 and I realize that it’s just been 20 years of the exact same poo poo over and over

12 Years a Lurker

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Flappy Bird beat all of those games fwiw

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

tao of lmao posted:

That was pre-impzone branding right? Or right around the switch?

I can’t even remember what this place used to be called. Just that it was dumb.

demonius darkblade’s something something

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lol, was that the fable game where one player was the dungeon,aster and the others tried to beat the evil player’s level?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

I’m a big tlou fan but have no idea why they would do this.

because some producers at hbo saw that netflix was the only one making video game adaptations and figured they should get a piece of that action

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The Clowner posted:

E3 2020 has been cancelled.

dunno how I'm gonna keep gaming after this news.

https://twitter.com/FINALLEVEL/status/1237779384079089664?s=20

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

all of the avengers at an apartment party taking turns trying to lift Thor’s Xbox

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

epic

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

I have two personalities

nicest person you will ever meet

And...

twisted loving psychopath

lol

Adbot