Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rate the Thread!
This poll is closed.
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
7 100.00%
Total: 7 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

SO HYPE FOR THIS

did you mean to post this in the mass shooter thread?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

gah!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yes that is fred durst

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-V_k_UfP7c

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

no loving way lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

“Fallout 3 will have 200 endings.” Todd Howard

TESO has now achieved 10 million players! - Todd Howard, to a nervously laughing, bewildered crowd

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

god

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the only reason i remember this is because primus did the soundtrack and it came out during one of the massive droughts for the wii

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Speaking of Wii drought games, this was the last game I rented at Blockbuster:

There’s a part where you play as a scorpion and stab Dennis Hopper in the dick several times with your poison stinger. This was his final acting role

lmao. wasnt billy bob thorton also in this game. which is ironic since he's insane and thinks videogames have caused every school shooting

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

:whitewater:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

star fox zero was internally proposed and developed to prove that the WiiU tablet could offer a unique, essential gaming experience that isn't possible with a conventional system+gamepad, the devs were told at the very start they had to find ways to force the player to use the gamepad and gyros. the wiiu was already a huge flop so this game was solely made to stick it to critics

they ended up proving the opposite when the unanimous opinion on the game was "this mightve actually been cool without the dumbass controls"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the problem specifically was having to look at the tiny blurry lovely wiiu screen and back at the TV, switching between the two constantly. it's very uncomfortable and often hurts the gameplay

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I love the Wii U but Nintendo made some bad decisions, such as not having a real Animal Crossing game.

I'm getting worried we'll never see one on Switch.

the 3ds is dead so get your hopes up. maybe not this year but theyre putting all their manpower into the switch

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm more concerned that Animal Crossing is also dead. Also Happy Home Designer sucked which is a shame because it's such a cool idea.

didnt animal crossing on the 3ds do incredibly well, like sell several times the copies any other AC did and rival pokemon

fake e: yeah almost 12mil copies to sun/moon's 14ish, and nintendo has said their mobile titles are made to coexist with and advertise their real games on the switch.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

star fox zero is really fun once the two screen controls really click with you, its like playing co-op but youre both players

i thought it was miserable and a nintendo game should click immediately, not after a few hours and then still feel awkward

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzm3sNl8VwQ

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

lol

English Teacher: Okay, it's time for your summer video game reports.

Class suck-up: I went with a historical classic:

Class activist: Uh, actually, I prefer to challenge what belongs in the Western canon :smug: :

Kid sitting in the back that in people will say "He was always so quiet" about : ...

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Color Splash is Sticker Star 2

yeah it has annoying combat and any paper mario where youre doing everything you can to avoid fights probably isnt good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Nintendo is completely dead set in not making another Paper Mario like the first two and no one knows why. It’s the strangest thing, they’d make a billion dollars probably

paper jam is the closest you can get and its great but like 30% of the game is "Hold on. you need to do these tedious minigames before you can progress"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

broken TV from wii remote chucking meme becoming so popular that I remember ads on TV making fun of it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Sighs remembering Will wright’s Spore Betrayal.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

now remembering all the diablolikes that burned out

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

C:\My Documents\My Games

that's a low blow.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

The van he’ll sing one lmfao.

god that one is loving terrible lol. i picked it up cause it was a dollar and drat, they made a diablo game where every enemy stuns you and shoves/pulls you around. awesome

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

There are Chinese zombies with a Gangnam Style debuff in this that make you donthe Gangnam Style dance.

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I heard darkspore was actually awesome but I never played it because I was so mad at Maxis and spore.

it was really mediocre and had all kinds of gacha account stuff, like the game was 50 and then you had to pay more for character slots that made it playable lmao

they quietly pulled the plug on the servers, apparentlythere was a very dedicated base of 20 people still playing it and they made a ruckus, and the company went "oops, uh, that was a bug lol." and then the next day went "alright we're shutting down the servers in a month, it's been a pleasure." if there was anything redeeming about the game, it's lost to time forever

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Hey man, a highly dedicated group of 4 resident evil outbreak gamers revived that gMe singlehandedly 10 years after the servers went down and now Capcom is teasing a Outbreak Project. So anything's possibel.

the game was online-only. so it actually doesnt exist anymore except maybe on a dusty harddrive somewhere in the world.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Some of these are fun.

the pikmin one was great haha

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

Omg I had this and it was insane. Your health bar was a tattoo of a heart on your cleveage that you had to look down at

lmao yeah and it had the most awful controls ever. you had a whole control set for your arm and melee was done by flailing around your arm while holding a key to hold a bat or stick or whatever and shooting was the same but flailing your arm around to aim and empty the 1clip completely ineffective guns on things. holding one key to hold the gun, another to fire, and the mouse to flail

also even today no one has figured out how to get more than 10fps out of the game when it was supposed to redefine PC gaming with epic graphics, physics, and AI (btw gthe game looked like this)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Drakkhen was developed by a French team, which was then translated into Japanese for the Super Famicon, which was then translated to English and further rewritten with help from the original French developers. To exemplify the telephone effect of all this, the original game contained a French translation of an Emily Dickenson poem as quoted by a mysterious teleporting wizard, and that French translation of an English poem was then translated further into Japanese for the Super Famicon version, and then translated again back into English from Japanese. The version of Miss Dickenson's poem that survived into the SNES version of the game is almost unrecognizable and difficult to comprehend.

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao. vader, yoda and starkiller in SC was already posted here right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

virtual hydlide goes beyond 'fake game in tv show' into like 'fake game space ghost would be playing'