Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

ashpanash posted:

There's this whole aspect of the Destiny story where the Hive have learned to use a form of worship as a kind of catalyst to enable access to imbue creatures and weapons with extreme power, and along the way they encountered the Vex. The Vex, basically a super-hive-mind aided by computers, eventually learned to imitate this 'worship' to gain power for themselves.

There's plenty more, too - the Vex seem to have access to both their distant past and distant future and are attempting to remake the universe into entirely vex-space, but for some unknown reason they don't have the ability to easily rewrite the past. You'd think time travel would be a devastating weapon but either the Vex aren't capable of using it to that extent or the time travel they can perform has some limitations. Instead the Vex spend most of their energy attempting to simulate possible future outcomes, to the point where their some of their simulations are effectively indistinguishable from reality.

That's not even going into the Hive and the sword logic and ascendant worlds and all the new crazy poo poo coming out about the Nine. There's a whole lot of interesting lore to Destiny. I don't even play it anymore, but I follow the story because it's got some really cool ideas.

I just wanted to say that it's really cool to run into people talking about this stuff in the wild and not just on Destiny lore subreddits. I wrote the Books of Sorrow and some other stuff, it's really cool to see how people have taken to it :unsmith:

(no pun intended)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Yeah been writing a lot for them, especially Forsaken and some later stuff about the Nine.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

Waldo

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

When I asked for time off at my last (and only) AAA dev job (because I'd gone to the ER to avoid killing myself mid-crunch), they told me they couldn't do it because if they did they'd have to give all the other depressed people time off too.

e: also the ER had to discharge me because I was only a threat to myself, not others :v:

General Battuta fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Apr 2, 2019

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

Artifact Reborn vs. Anthem Next

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

2house2fly posted:

The very existence of the extended cut is fan-pandering

Eh, it's pretty clear from some conversations I had with the Bioware writers before the Extended Cut was announced that they were extremely unhappy with the ending as it shipped. I think they wanted the chance to do it better.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

That was Taris, silly. Not to be confused with Telos in KOTOR 2, which I never understood why it wasn’t Taris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

BioWare (pronouns anthey/anthem)