Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

3 hours huh? I guess you could devote 30 mins to each of the 6 characters that weren't in the first demo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Did my first 3 hour run. I started with Cyrus and picked up Ophilia and H'aanit, only doing Ophilias chapter while opting to skip H'aanits to save time. H'aanit is very fun, especially how you can knock out her entire village and get her some exp to quickly catch up to the party. I was also happy to see that after using Scrutinize on someone that reveals a hidden item, the item location shows up on the minimap.

ConanThe3rd posted:

Please tell me it has the common sense to have BD's encounter rate settings.

Cyrus has a support ability that reduces encounter rate. That was the only thing I could find in the demo.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

There are some standouts in here, notably Hunter Tressa :3:

Good on Primrose adamantly refusing to wear clothes regardless of class.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I'm loving this game so far. I did Tressas chapter 2 and I just want the whole game to be about her and her adventures. :allears:

The combat has been really enjoyable. I've been doing chapter 2 bosses at the recommended levels and they give me a decent challenege. Going in all guns blazing is not a valid tactic in this game, I really like this. I also like that if i'm in a bad situation and I have a choice between healing my party up or going for a break, the break is usually the better option. This is also the first rpg in a long time where i've been tossing items out every few turns. The fact that some items can cause breaks certainly helps in making them useful.

I've found a few subjobs and now i'm debating taking a break to go find all of them or just picking them up as I come across them.

Currently "stuck" in H'aanits chapter 2 with the mandatory provoke at the beginning. I failed twice and now i'm out of useful pokemon. I guess i'll just head outside the town and try to catch some new ones.

My current party is Cyrus (MC), Ophilia, H'aanit and Tressa. Tressa is awesome but I looooove H'aanit in combat wow. Pokemans OP.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Wait what? I feel like I would have tried that already. God drat it.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I had a Vince style series of reactions when I started boosting Therions ability that gives sp and saw it go from half to all to 150%. :eyepop:

Therion is my favourite sp battery. I brought him along to a dungeon where my other 3 party members were level 26-27 and was 10. His constant levelling meant that Cyrus was never wanting for sp for the whole dungeon.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I just want to take a moment to gush about something that OT has that I always look for in games and hasn't been discussed too much in this thread yet: A KICKASS AWESOME SOUNDTRACK!

I love each and every town theme and I was so stoked when I walked outside the safe areas and there was fresh new battle music.

Another neat thing: during the cutscene right before a boss battle, the music will blend into the boss battle music with a short track that is unique to each character (i think? i'm pretty sure theres one for each). Tressas one is probably my favourite and has been stuck in my head all morning.

edit: according to youtube these tracks are called "For _____" on the OST, with the blank being each characters mantra e.g. For Light, For Freedom etc

Oxygen Deficiency fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jul 16, 2018

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I picked Cyrus because I like mages and turns out his talent paired with his variety of magic makes him really really good for breaking enemies.

Oh and good news, I found that Tressa boss battle thing I was talking about so you can hear it too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYlU2jh4S_4

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

WHAT THE gently caress ARE THEY FEEDING OMAR OMG

Lol ikr. He was my first chapter 2 boss that I foolishly faced at low levels. I was already having enough trouble about 40 minutes into the fight and then he SUMMONS MORE SOLDIERS ARGFSKXFLKSDF :argh:

Fun fight though.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Oh man, I can see myself getting dangerously obsessed with using Alfyn after kind of ignoring him for a bit. Made a potion that gives free BP. :eyepop: I love you you crazy potion man.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I have few complaints about the game, not enough to make me ever stop playing that is, but one QoL thing i'd like is a much bigger notification of the party banter message. I play on a big tv and i'm focusing my eye on the middle of the screen. Then I enter a new area, spot the message in the top right corner and it's too late to activate it, and it's seemingly gone forever. :(

Just like shove it right in my face with a loud rear end noise, kind of like the ATE's from FF9. Please SE, I hate missing the banter.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Your Computer posted:

and then there's

They missed a perfect oppurtunity for a goatse reference there.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I actually really love H'aanits battle dialogue, it always put a smile on my face.

LETTEN US HUNTEN

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I went to the chapter 2 frostlands area and fought a battle where I got 5 times exp dance off and got like 5 levels for my underlevelled party members. The monsters weren't even close to able to kill the party.

The very next battle was against a single bear who hit the party with a single aoe move and killed them dead.

I hadn't saved. :(

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I also like Apoth as sub on her for the aoe axe skill but yeah thief is a real good sub.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Thread: Bewildering Grace is broken af

Me: Ok lets give it a go!

*Fully boosts dance
*1st round No Effect
*2nd round No Effect
*3rd round Brings party hp to 1
*4th round Explosion

Me: Awesome :thumbsup:

I did actually find something amazing while experimenting with the dance. You can summon a Cait as a rare monster and it replaces one of the enemies. :aaa:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I'm trying to keep all 8 at similar levels by rotating them but for now i'm rolling with Cyrus/Apothecary (MC), Tressa/Thief, Primrose/Warrior and Therion/Hunter. The spot Therion is in could have any of the others cos they're all great. I'm stocking up on all concoct items for when I eventually get Alfynn in a build I adore and make him permanent.

ChaosArgate posted:

I had that happen to me last night! But then it was the cat’s turn next. :negative:

If the cait is swapped in for an enemy that is broken, it will also be broken for that turn.

Oxygen Deficiency fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jul 20, 2018

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR A BARGAIN

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

To add to the above, note the fact that Alfyns injurous seed/dust moves are a guaranteed multi-hit elemental weakness that costs 0 SP and 0 BP. It's extremely good.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

What happens if you use injurious seed with like essence of grape

You summon Grape Ape and he kills everything.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Can someone remind me where I get the skill that improves fleeing? I can't seem to find it.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Folt The Bolt posted:

Cleric. Third Support Skill.

Thanks muchly :tipshat:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Thanks to the thread for mentioning grandport and the old lady in the guarded house. I managed to get my scrutinize off on the first go at 14% then cackled as I cleaned out the city of their belongings. This game rules.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

When is the best time to start doing the advanced job dungeons? My highest level right now is 45 and I just started the Chapter 3's.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Is the mass reflect method just getting the Cleric Boosted skill up and casting it once?

Does that work?

I haven't tried it yet but I think the method is to use the Dancers divine skill on cleric so that their reflect spell hits the entire party.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I finally did it! I got JPx100 with a Cait!

That's my main party more or less sorted for skills for the game.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Bombadilillo posted:

Do you just spam bewildering when you see a cait and hope?

The dance can also spawn a Cait in place of one of the regular mobs, which happened here. I got lucky and managed to kill it with an item before it ran away, then spammed the dance until I got a x100.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Ophilia Chapter 3: :stare: Well that certainly took a turn....

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I like how Cyrus (ch 3 spoilers) sounds so excited after his boss dumps him in the pit. He's like "Ahahaha what an interesting turn of events! Now lets see, how to get out of this pickle ohohoho"

nerd_of_prey posted:

And then you steal their poo poo...

Most kids you can steal from have Candy.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

Thief subclass is great for everybody simply for the great universal skills like Steal SP/HP for sustain and Shackle Foe for a good boss debuff. Therion is my main but I love putting Thief on Cyrus so he can just keep accruing SP on his own.

:same:

I actually came across something interesting last night with my Thief Cyrus. I used Share SP with H'aanit and it gave her more than her max sp similar to the Saving Grace passive. It only lasted until the end of battle and next battle she was just at max. I double checked my setup and I couldn't see any skill or equipment that might have caused this to happen so i'm assuming this is just standard with Share SP?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

ChaosArgate posted:

Share SP can overflow SP, yes.

Sweeeeet. Cyrus is the best SP battery.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Just did Haanits chapter 3 boss. I put saving grace on everyone and then had Ophilia do a partywide fully-boosted First-Aid which gave the party 8k hp and I didn't need to heal once after that.

I love this game.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Guuuuuuuys! Alfyns chapter 3 really bummed me out! :(

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Warmaster is kicking my goddamn rear end. :( Think i'll come back later when I have more JP and can learn some Runemaster skills.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Was this post game or something? I've never seen it ignored

Warmaster loving loves to ignore it in her later phases. It's usually just for one round though but it still sucks when she suddenly opens with 4 moves and wipes an unprepared party.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I saved the advanced jobs for after I was done with chapter 3, though the main reason is because at that point my main character had learned all the skills and i didn't want to waste their jp anymore.

I'm pretty sure you could do Archmagus at lower levels, the one strat completely destroys him.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Devoyniche posted:

I love the 2D sprites in 3D environment aesthetic. It reminds me of Ragnarok Online so much.

I also love that they took the Final Fantasy 1-6 thing where when you fight a human boss enemy, the enemy is like super huge and detailed while you're still the same sprites. Some of the effects are overdone but I love the aesthetic of this game.

I particularly like that they did this with (Olberic ch3 spoilers) the duel with Erhardt. Though the fight was over so fast I didn't get a good look at all the details. :/

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

4 jobs get! Warmaster was a breeze when I had Tressa with Transfer Rune.

"Please help me find my daughter. Her name is Ellie"

gently caress YOU OLD MAN

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I was worried about my b team having less jp than my a team for the final stretch.

It is no longer an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

JPx100 on Ophilias chapter 4 boss. I also had the skill that increases jp gain.