Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
Hmm, opening a forbidden tomb, with Jackals guarding the door. The kings are back, baby!! :skeltal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Wow, I'm surprised to see Slaanesh demons without tiddies hanging all over the place. Joking aside, those mini's look fantastic, and that trailer music is perfect. All it was missing would be a lazer light-show.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Chainclaw posted:

My guess is they are going to stop shipping anything in grey plastic, and have everything come in colored plastic. It feels like they are halfway there already.

In the FB comments, they clarified that it's not colored plastic, it's "something to help you paint your grey models."

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

I don't know anything about Nighthaunt, but I like the sculpts, so does the Lady Olynder box they're previewing look good? The Tzeentch one seems nice, but I'd stick to the Start Collecting box (Unless you JUST want horrors, since this can do the pink>blue>brimstone mechanic straight out of the box). They didn't say anything about prices yet, right? It seems weird to me to bring out 4 different value squad boxes at the same time, but... I guess I'm not hip to GW's decision-making.

Desfore fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Apr 12, 2021

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Dexcessa & Synessa are pretty good twin names. Dexter & Sinister, Left & Right, etc. I wonder how tall they're gonna be with those capes/tails; close to KoS height?

Edit: Kinda sucks that you have to get two kits to have both. I would've been fine paying a little bit extra to just have two complete figures in one box. Especially since it seems like only the bottom half of the figure doesn't have swap-able parts. It wouldn't surprise me if they have some kind of rule or bonus ability that only works if you're running both.

Edit2: Although, now that I think about it. It probably wouldn't be too hard to make a mold of the torso & cape yourself, and make both models with one box. Thankfully all those thin ropes & jewelery hanging around are separate parts.

Desfore fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Apr 19, 2021

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

The Great Horned Rat just wants a wasteland of pestilence, and to be the biggest Chaos God of them all. I'm not even 100% sure if he cares about the Skaven, beyond being the perfect cronies to worship him and achieve his goals.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Silver Towers did exist in 40K Epic. I have no idea about the actual fiction of either 40K or Fantasy before AoS.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

I didn't really expect a lot beyond the 3.0 announcement, but... it would've been nice to show something beyond Stormcast models (even though the new models look pretty good)

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

https://twitter.com/dana_howl/status/1398286403360989185?s=20

GW just can't keep it in their pants until the official reveal

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

I think the coherency rule is conceptually fine, it works in 40k (2" / 1" difference sucks, though), but this is really gonna mess with combat. Between different base sizes, 1" melee range, and now double coherency, it all just gets kinda ugly if you want to be efficient with hordes. I don't think it'll break the game or anything, but there's definitely gonna be an adjustment period, and revaluing things like Cavalry in squads of +6.

Desfore fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jun 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

So far, the best thing I've seen about 3rd edition is the rulebook itself. Each rule subsection is individually numbered, and keywords are highlighted.