Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Einsteins Kegels posted:

im bi and bitter

big mood :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

hamjobs posted:

One of the people who bullied me pretty badly in school for being queer just came out on Facebook and sincerely apologised to me.

This has been a good moment.

:)

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

hamjobs posted:

One of the people who bullied me pretty badly in school for being queer just came out on Facebook and sincerely apologised to me.

This has been a good moment.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
well, my dad was making a fuss about having to use 'they' pronouns for an acquaintance and i got maybe overly upset about it and welp now i've come out to my dad.

Robot Made of Meat

Olive! posted:

well, my dad was making a fuss about having to use 'they' pronouns for an acquaintance and i got maybe overly upset about it and welp now i've come out to my dad.

I hope that went well.

alnilam

Robot Made of Meat posted:

I hope that went well.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

I hope that went well.

kalel

Olive! posted:

Pulling for you friend

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
i think it went well. he was really apologetic about the pronoun thing. it was mostly a lot of hugging and crying.

he's the first person i've ever told and while there's a sense of relief, now i feel like i've burdened him with a secret to worry about :/

alnilam

that sounds better than most tbh congrats on coming out to a dad

Robot Made of Meat

Olive! posted:

i think it went well. he was really apologetic about the pronoun thing. it was mostly a lot of hugging and crying.

he's the first person i've ever told and while there's a sense of relief, now i feel like i've burdened him with a secret to worry about :/

That's great to hear, Olive!

And it's not a burden, it's an honor.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Olive! posted:

:peanut:

:agreed:

Manifisto

Farecoal

There he go
not making fun of you for this but I just got a funny mental image of you going "dad, I'm gay!!" and then immediately pulling out your phone to tell byob of this development while your dad looks confused

WindmillSlayer

me at pride: i hate these people. i hate all people. i want to go home.

WindmillSlayer

dope rear end pride poo poo is being super wasted in front of cops and then cant do anything. its empowering tbh

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

Splatmaster posted:

I'm going to share a story about myself, I suppose it's several stories, really- explaining my reasoning for supporting Gay Pride.

As a kid growing up sexuality hit me hard and fast at the age of 10. I had no idea what was going on, all I knew was I had urges and desires that I didn't have in the 5th Grade, while dealing wth the newness of the 6th Grade.

My peers had thier definition of what and how I should act, and I had no clue. I suppose I had a slight skip to my walk ( I was almost always optimistic and care free) and my voice wasn't very deep. I loved Disco, Soul and R&B but all the other white kids were supposed to like Rock, and most of my friends were African-American. I was polite and courteous, especially to teachers and my elders.

Obviously, this all meant I was gay. It also meant I should get my rear end beaten. My neighborhood kids and fellow students were happy to oblige. Rather than fight back (Sunday school said to turn the other cheek) I ran.

I could describe many such beatings, dispensed simply because someone decided I was gay, and that I should get my rear end beaten because of it. I won't. As I got older I started lifting weights, put on some muscle and learned how to defend myself.

Then I joined the US Air Force, where I felt I would be safe from bullies and senseless beatings. I was wrong. Long story short, while on active duty and in the barracks of an Air Force Base someone else decided I was gay, because I had a friend who I spent a good bit of time with. We were both heading back from a date we had, he with his fiance and me with my girlfriend (after a break-up with my own ex fiance) and this guy mouthed off and came charging down the hall at me. He was drunk. I thought he was just messing around. He clobbered me right in the jaw, knocked me back a good 10 feet and screwed up my spine pretty good. When I came to he was on top of me screaming he was gonna kill me. I don't think it's hard to see how this could trigger PTSD. I also spent a good bit of time at a military mortuary, but that's another story.

The exchange went like this:

rear end in a top hat (to my friend, who I just walked in the other door with on the other side of the dormitory): Hey, you suck dick!

Friend: gently caress you! *he goes into his room, I'm walking toward Airman rear end in a top hat*

rear end in a top hat: Hey, Splatmaster, you suck dick too!

Me: gently caress you!

Him: I'm gonna kick your rear end!

Me: Go for it!

That's when he charged and came running down the hall at me. I never got out of the way or defended myself, because I never figured anyone would be that stupid to hit someone, for literally no reason other than he was drunk and wanted to beat on someone. He decided in his small, bigotted little mind that my friend and I MUST be gay, because we hung out a lot together. Truth is, he and I were on snow removal duty, and he knew I have a serious driving phobia so we stuck together during the winter and had a common interest (Sunday adults only skating, back in '84-86 or so. Lots of beautiful young ladies, before I met my wife...)

My reward for not doing anything was at least herniated 3 discs in my lower back and ruptured discs in my neck that were so bad (in 2005) I had to have surgery to fuse 3 vertebrae together to prevent spinal cord erosion. In the end I've gotten a decent VA disability rating because of the incident, it doesn't make it better but it makes it easier to deal with. I'm not gay, but I'll be damned if anyone else is going to be stopped from living life on their terms...

A few years before I joined the Air Force I moved out of the neighborhood that was filled with so many painful memories to a place that was the complete opposite, the High School had students that were mean, but nothing compared to living in the Projects. I became good friends with Tim, and when I got back from Basic Training he asked me to meet him someplace. So I did. He was there waiting for me, with a letter in hand. The letter stated that he was gay, and that if I was disappointed in him, he would understand.

Dissappointed in him? For being gay? What he poo poo? I hugged him and told him he can be as gay as he wants, and that's when I realized how special the moment was- it was the first time someone came out to me. It made me realize that for some people, it's a struggle to want to live life one way, but they have to act another to appease everyone else.

He was of the mistaken impression that since I was in the Air Force, we couldn't be friends, because at the time the military was struggling with zero tolerance to don't ask don't tell.

I met a few folks in the military that were gay, but had to keep quiet about it because while don't ask don't tell was in force, you could still end up having a bad time of it if your supervisor wasn't pro-Gay. They talked to me about it because they needed someone to talk to, and I made them feel comfortable. I'm glad I was able to ease their minds.

I wrote a lot, if you made it this far thanks for reading it.

You guys make me feel comfortable enough to talk about it.

That is all a bunch of hosed up poo poo.

My mistaken queerness was a lot less violent and came from my dad when I was in high school. I was very shy and afraid of rejection and would have been vulnerable to incel radicalization in 2018. Instead, I just didn't have a girlfriend, and when I was a junior my dad told me (in a very concerned and not angry way) that people would think I was gay because I didn't have a girlfriend. That just made me think, what's so bad about being gay, rather than shaming me into dating any hambeast in school not otherwise connected. That was the beginning of my straight gay rights journey!

Olive!

Farecoal posted:

not making fun of you for this but I just got a funny mental image of you going "dad, I'm gay!!" and then immediately pulling out your phone to tell byob of this development while your dad looks confused

haha, it is a pretty funny image but I must admit both of my posts were made after the entire thing happened. I just had a lot of mental processing to do. plus I wasn't sure if anyone gave a gently caress. btw not gay, non-binary. i'm pretty gay too though :ssh:

thanks for the :h:, yobs. big :love: in return

Korean Boomhauer
im bi as heck and probably am a few other letters but im still exploring i think.

Robot Made of Meat

Korean Boomhauer posted:

im bi as heck and probably am a few other letters but im still exploring i think.

Be what makes you happy. Be who you are. Exploring is good.

Chasterson

by Nyc_Tattoo
im gay and 26 years old and still dont know how gay and it's embarassing

feel like I should of figured poo poo out by now,

being gay is great though

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Chasterson posted:

im gay and 26 years old and still dont know how gay and it's embarassing

feel like I should of figured poo poo out by now,

being gay is great though

Be what makes you happy. Be who you are. Exploring is good.

alnilam

*genie from aladdin as a bee voice* beee yourself

Bacon Taco

HAIKOOLIGAN

Chasterson posted:

im gay and 26 years old and still dont know how gay

Is there like a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is one of those cowboys from Brokeback Mountain and 10 is Liberace?

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
those were really gay cowboys, that's the whole point of the movie isn't it

i'd think they are higher than 1

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Olive!

i'm a gay high cowboy

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Olive! posted:

i'm a gay high cowboy

I'm pretty sure I'm a nonbinary hard femme princess but also some sort of slug monster and also full of skeletons

Zwei Dunkel Jungen

it's a magical day

Olive! posted:

i'm a gay high cowboy

hi i just want u to know that jolyne cujoh is my absolute QUEEN which makes u my best friend now

happy pride month new best friend :nyan:

Olive!

Zwei Dunkel Jungen posted:

hi i just want u to know that jolyne cujoh is my absolute QUEEN which makes u my best friend now

happy pride month new best friend :nyan:

:hellyeah: :gifttank:

update: now out to all my immediate family members. also down some pounds, probably because of how nervous I've been for the past few days about coming out. maybe that will be quelled a little now. not that I can't afford to lose some weight, but I don't think nervous starvation is a good way to do it.

Robot Made of Meat

Olive! posted:

update: now out to all my immediate family members. also down some pounds, probably because of how nervous I've been for the past few days about coming out. maybe that will be quelled a little now. not that I can't afford to lose some weight, but I don't think nervous starvation is a good way to do it.

:peanut:

Farecoal

There he go

Olive! posted:

Doctors HATE this one weird trick!!!

Bacon Taco

HAIKOOLIGAN

Olive! posted:

As a pudgy middle aged straight man I say take your weight loss where you can get it.

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
Idea: Make a gay nightclub called "Hell" so that when people say "gay people are going to hell" you can respond by saying "heck yeah we are. it's $2 margarita night"

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

blaise rascal posted:

Idea: Make a gay nightclub called "Hell" so that when people say "gay people are going to hell" you can respond by saying "heck yeah we are. it's $2 margarita night"

jokes on them hail satan

Scaly Haylie

a little over a year ago i started playing FF14 due to seeing friends tweet about it nonstop. i rolled a lalafell, mostly because they seemed like the cutest, funniest option.

i had burned out on the game back at launch 2.0, if anyone's wondering but this time around i appreciated it a whole lot more.

now, ff14 is a pretty game, owing in no small part to it having just a metric assload of fashions and, as in meatspace, the ladies have far better fashions than the dudes. sure there were options, but a butler outfit just wasn't the same as a maid uniform.

long story short i was jealous, but i wasn't gonna be one of those chumps who shells out for an appearance respec potion to look like a girl, no sir! instead i wore heavy, gender-neutral armor and changed my hair to be more...androgynous, i guess, is what i was aiming for? but honestly it was just feminine.

eventually i got miffed enough that NPCs in cutscenes were calling me a dude despite my clear efforts to straddle the gender line and i slammed down some dollars for a name change and a bottle of gender changing juice.

since then i have spent untold amounts of money on fake anime clothes, and i always feel pretty in eorzea. i may be cis, but at least part of me is trans, and she's the warrior of light.

also i'm bi

Scaly Haylie

Korean Boomhauer posted:

you're lgbt as heck

lizwiz's
goofy
boy
toy

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

just some queer things

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

As our month of PRIDE comes to a close, we celebrate our victories, mourn our losses, plan for the future and strive for a better world for all of us.

Next month: WRATH.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

I am hella ready to the Wrath some poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1014306808859627520

• Locked thread