Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Like the random Gaelic names the wild hunt is basically a rip off of the similar Irish thing where a bunch of fae assholes ride around hunting people for fun. But they want Ciri for some reason? This game never made any sense to me overall really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I use the dodge to actually dodge hits, and the roll to reposition around a fight, like if I get surrounded

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I love all the slower narrative stuff I just wish everything else happened at 2x speed

Yeah.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As much as I like this game I got to Skellige and then just got tired of it. But I was like, torturing myself by trying to 100% every area before I left so maybe I should try again and just not do that

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How dare you think something different than me about this game you piece of poo poo. PC gaming crew gonna roll up on you

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah its a good feeling when Geralt does a big overhead swing and unlike every other game ever made instead of falling in a ragdoll they get sliced apart

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The struggle is real

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The armor in this game looks cool in general

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I was kind of looking forward to my swag outfit but if the game shows your lower body in first person it might be cool anyway. Dying Light manages to make most of the outfits look unique in first person even though the only place you can see them whole is the main menu

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The Castlevania netflix toon was surprisingly good. Their original stuff is very hit or miss so it could go either way. Hope it's good

Yeah. I think it was just licensed and translated by them though. Like they slap the Netflix original title on a bunch of Japanese romantic comedies for some reason

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It was actually funded by Netflix and produced by American animation studios although Japanese artists worked on it too.

That's cool.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I think making another Witcher game as we know them without Geralt is a bad idea. But a city building/merchant game in Kovir, I think that's the super rich city, would be sick as hell. Gwent would be included too of course.

Or like a straight up detective style game without any combat.

I've always thought a medieval game where your some type of cop or inspector would be cool.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was going to play witcher today but instead I beat path a of nier automata and had a lot of fun. Cool game

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goferchan posted:

Oh man it's so good. Instantly ascended into my favorites of all time when I finished it

I don't really like how 9S plays but I'm glad he really does play completely different than 2B. Also it's cool how the music fades out to an 8 bit version of the current track when you're hacking, and that hacking is basically a 2d version of a regular fight

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Last time I was playing this I got stuck on that ship and couldn't figure out what to do because the detective sense wasn't working and the ship loaded completely empty of everything that wasn't world geometry somehow

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The horse combat sucks because it's the only part of the game that sucks besides that one cave quest so it sticks out in my mind much more than bad parts of games that aren't flawless otherwise

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If cyberpunk is only half as good as witcher 3 it's an instant GOTY

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
like half the stuff with the netflix original title is in fact stuff that somehow got shot without being sold to a network or licensed imports that nobody else wanted so a lot of poo poo thats a Netflix Original is complete trash. i like some of their stuff though.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
some of the netflix originals have been really good and some of them have been incredibly bad day time tv dogshit. guess we'll find out

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had a lot of fun with gwent in the witcher 3 today. But is it me or is the easy way to win every time to just spam spies and then pass, so you have a giant card lead and win the next couple rounds. Even the AI uses this strategy a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's a big commitment to balance a game at a competitive level. Especially if you're not trying to be valve or blizzard and have the game be fun still

• Locked thread