Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
So I logged in today for the first time since the mac client was discontinued I want to say 5 years ago?

First thing I noticed is that my Klingon captains don't seem to have access to duty officers or admiralty, even though they did when I last logged in and they're still high enough level for it? Is there a mission I have to do somewhere?

I guess once I want to actually spend some time on this I can go about fixing builds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Eimi posted:

I had this problem logging into in old KDF contra alt, you have to do at least one tutorial mission iirc. Doing that fixed them.

Ugh, I can't complete any tutorials where I am, and I can't seem to beam up. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with my ship, I just can't beam up.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I'm just gonna see if Cryptic's support can fix it eventually.

In the meantime, it seems like how builds work has changed a good bit. If I want to use the bathtub carrier I have, what's a good build for that?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Eimi posted:

https://www.sto-league.com/a-brief-guide-to-getting-the-most-out-of-hanger-pets/

This site in general is probably the best STO information hub. The beam ship guide here https://www.sto-league.com/beam-ships-in-the-current-century/ is solid and you can probably adopt it to a carrier.

Thanks.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

:signings:

I see inflation has been hard at work in my absence. Uh yikes on buying loving anything for a bit.

I asked the GMs to move all the affected characters to Qo'nos so here's hoping I can get that mission done.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

What do people do to make money these days?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

After unfucking my klank captains I hit 65 in short order off admiralty. Is there a way to claim my cross-faction admiralty cards without spend all day claiming and dismissing dozens of ships?

EDIT: After saying that, logging to another character seems to have done it?

wdarkk fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jun 13, 2021

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

This is so weird, it worked on one character (that wasn't the one that hit 65) but on no others.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Do ship sales include the big bundles that are mostly ships but have some other stuff, like the Gamma Vanguard pack?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

What’s the best way to grind dill on alts now? Admiralty using small craft to blow off anything that doesn’t award dill?

Also queues seem to have more sophisticated afk detection, I can’t just shoot a bit at the start and then afk.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I just heard about Event Campaign 3. If I start whenever part 3 begins for PC, is it still possible to get the T6 starship choice thing?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

If I'm reading it correctly and I can get my choice of promo ship, it might be worth it to do that.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Eimi posted:

A max account full of alts all doing admirality. That's like 50 characters iirc.

How the gently caress do you even click that much. That feels like it would be like a job in an of itself.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Eimi posted:

I'm at like 8 and it's a lot. Especially cause how I play mmos I tend to focus on a 'main' and that's just not the way to play STO to maximize rewards. :negative:

I’m also at 8, I timed how long it takes me to do admiralty and it’s almost 40 minutes. Some of that is patching because GeForce Now is dumb, and some of that is also reps, but yikes.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I purchased the Gamma Bundle, because it was discounted as part of the Gamma Recruitment (or maybe the ship sale? I didn’t notice a discount earlier) and I’m dumb and treating myself to some ships I think look cool.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Eimi posted:

Ah, well than. I was wondering, when it comes to sci builds, is there some skill spread that leaves you good enough for both space wizard and more standard beam builds? The good space wizarding stuff is expensive and stacking it on my main character would probably be better.

I've only done a little research on this, it looks like you use space wizardry and then torpedoes. I guess that's one way to simplify power settings.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

My Jem’Hadar recruit can’t join queues because I haven’t completed the tutorial, except I have completed the tutorial. Thanks, Cryptic.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

CainFortea posted:

This post used to be a big question about why my r&d isn't working when I realized I bought loving klingon doffs by accident. Why can I even buy them on the exchange?!

You can feed them to the starbase.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Any idea when the next upgrade weekend will be? Are these things on a rotation?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

What's the trait or whatever that causes things you defeat to turn into borg allies instead of dying/exploding? Seen a lot of it on ground TFOs, it seems like it results in a huge army.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Ah, thank you.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

What's the current price of Infinity Lockbox ships? A billion-ish?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

So I've been looking at builds for the Jem'Hadar Vanguard Carrier, and I kinda like the look of this one, however it seems like there's some issues with it.

For starters, why is Exotic Modulation even on there when the ship can't activate it?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Unrelated to that, what's the best Experimental Weapon that isn't the Bajoran one because gently caress Phoenix packages?

I have this one, this one, and this one from ships I've bought already, as well as this one that I might end up with in the future.

I'm mostly asking because gently caress spending upgrades on the "wrong" gear.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Nah, they just made an executive decision that all of the 31st century ships would be promo and they're rolling them out one by one.

Really helps me not care about them, so fine by me.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I swear the junior officer particle hunt quest is the least fun ever put in an mmo.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Ugh I was not nearly as prepared as I thought for the upgrade weekend, how long do you expect the next one to be? 3-4 months?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

So I'm looking at the upcoming Temporal Agent Recruitment rerun and drat that's a lotta specialization points I need to grind for some of the rewards. What's the best source of that?

I mean obviously I'll be doing admiralty for a while but still.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Is Sompek more fun with any particular career?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

So I noticed the DPS League guide for beams mentions using the Nausicaan Siphon Capacitor for budget disruptor builds, but not either of the other two items. Are they just that meh? I would expect a disruptor torpedo to be at least worth a look, but the only torp mentioned is the one in the Disco rep weapon set (although you can get the beam bank from that in disruptor instead).

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Eimi posted:

Managed to snag both the NX refit and the Primate dreadnought for reasonable prices I'm not all set up for Beam Overload builds. The NX is probably stronger than it given I lack a really powerful third omni (let me buy pulse phase omni with dil), but this kind of pushes me to just get the Mirror Warship.

Third omni? I thought you could only have one crafted and one set omni. Or are you including the kinetic cutting beam?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Is something wrong with pw’s servers? The steam client crashes instantly before I can launch the game and the arc client has blank panes when I try to load it.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

New tfo seems fun.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

revtoiletduck posted:

Is that Retaliation trait any good in pve? I don't really have any of the meta traits that cost money, but hard to tell if the AI crits much.

I think they only have 5% or 2.5% or something.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Eimi posted:

Honestly, you're right. I was just reacting from the selfish position of what lets me get poo poo the cheapest, instead of what's probably better overall. Of course it's cryptic so they aren't going to find a nice equilibrium for this poo poo, but it would be better if they stopped preying on people with gambling addictions.

It seems like it’d inflate the price of traits that aren’t as good, like the boff buffing one. I’d have grabbed that if it was a lockbox booby prize.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I’m anticipating/dreading a Mirror Mudd bundle.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Only downside aside from being 100m or something is that it has a chance to never proc.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

God drat double upgrade weekend plus phoenix upgrades makes me feel like a god. Just mash the button until it's gold.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Baron Porkface posted:

I could have sworn there was a way to mass salvage your inventory...

There is, from the upgrade menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

God drat those skeletons are annoying. Get out of the hallway with no candles you fucks.