Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That is quite the start. Also slightly disappointed that I could never think of any appropriate sheep shagging jokes for the last lp you did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So that update was filled with at least 60% assholes.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Night10194 posted:

'Just start throwing grenades until poo poo makes sense again' is a pretty reasonable response to finding yourself swarmed by occult bullshit.

Admittedly it does look like she is involved with her own occult bullshit considering what she fights with.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Dark Id posted:

Masaji Kato Portrait – He specifically asked to reduce the chin proportions when commissioning this piece.

I am sure I have said this before but with a chin like that you could shatter boulders.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ratoslov posted:

Also, these guys are Imperial Japanese soldiers in China. They have about the same narrative moral weight as Nazis in a Indiana Jones movie.

Considering that this is 1913 Imperial Japan had yet to really start committing atrocities.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Rigged Death Trap posted:

And the nazis in indiana jones (first was 1936) had yet to carry out the the holocaust.
Your point?

By 1936 the Nazis had already seized power in Germany and were gearing up for both WWII as well as getting started on many of their more repressive laws. By 1913 Japan was just another imperial power, still doing some hosed up stuff but nowhere near at the level of what they would be getting up to 20 years later.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Well that was a complete waste of time.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I didn't see that one coming.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DukeofCA posted:

Shadow Hearts is absolutely not afraid to have its' villains look like goofs from time to time.

In this very game one of the big bads decided to transform himself into a cute puppy to spy on our party.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Everybody in Europe would be too busy worrying about when/if The Great War is going to happen to care about what happened in China.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It is hard to complain about a lack of updates when not only you are told why they are happening, but it is for an extremely good cause as well.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I was wondering when we were going to get a new companion and I do like that it turns out to be a slightly bored vampire who is worried about his ancestors coming back life to kick his rear end if he does anything stupid.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The timing of the game does lend some weight to Albert Simons words even if they are just a generic villain monologue.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well if you see it from his point of view it might be a betrayal by a teacher who refused to stand by you when you needed them.

That does feel like a bit of a reach.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cardiovorax posted:

Not to say it equals out, but he did that in response to Roger refusing to help him enact positive social change and improve the position of the common person, which Roger apparently still feels bad about, so... :shrug:

The usual approach to a master who has taught you almost everything that he knows and isn't quite so sure about your radical plan is to go out there and prove him wrong instead of doing something crazy like trying to get him executed by one of the highest authorities of the land and one of biggest sources of the injustice you seek to fight against.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Accordion Man posted:

Id's almost right at endgame but the Shadow Hearts Trilogy loves throwing a slew of sidequests at you once you gain access to the final dungeon. Said sidequests in the series are usually actual dungeons and not lovely mini-games like FF 10 so they're worth doing.

This is a classic JRPG troupe.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I have a very different take on Vesperia. It starts of strong but as the game continues both the quality of the plot and of Yuri as a unique protagonist decrease rapidly.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cardiovorax posted:

I can think of this visual novel that was LP'd here where one of the antagonists wants to turn back the clock to when there were just way fewer people because it meant everyone actually mattered as an individual.

If that is who I think it is then what he wanted to do was to turn earth into a living hellscape so that only those worthy to be ruled by him would survive.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cardiovorax posted:

I don't remember it that well and I think that was almost ten years ago by now, so those might have been the specifics of the plan, sure. The general idea was also what I said, though.

By any chance was this characters name Gilgamesh?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cardiovorax posted:

Yeah! Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was. There was also a crossdressing King Arthur involved somewhere, that stuck with me.

Then that is Fate Stay Night and there is nothing compassionate or noble about what Gilgamesh is doing.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CmdrKing posted:

I found this one day months ago, and I can't not think of it when talking about the jRPG gods. This one far more than most.

This hasn't gotten nearly the love it deserves.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Dark Id posted:

London has some junk to do. We're going to be skipping Old Castle Street for a while since the side quest there is Sharon the orphan having established a full underground human vs. demon deathmatch arena while we've been gone and that poo poo is... actually kinda difficult. Today's session is instead going to take us back to Jack's Orphanage.

That is quite the collection of orphans Dr. Jack managed to find.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I was under the impression doing it solo was the only way

Only P3 had that stupid requirement.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DiggleWrath posted:

Drakengard isn't the kind of franchise where we have to worry about the fickle whims of RNG, and thank god for that. I blame GDQ personally.

That is more because there is a limit to how many blades they can stick in you rather then any actual sense of mercy.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Qrr posted:

What.

I think I can guess why that was unused.

If everyone got weird accessories like Alice did it would make getting them a lot less weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
This has been a fun lp to follow especially since before you started lping this series I had no idea it existed.