Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

McDragon posted:

this but shores of wisdom

See this?

This is me being completely out of memory crystals. All non-core characters are 65+ and all cores are 80+.

And I still have magicite to level :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

eelmonger posted:

I'm pretty sure it's the only 100% sleep relic in the game so it can break some fights completely (mote magus sisters comes to mind). Granted I can't remember the last time sleep was relevant in a top tier fight, but I'd give it at least niche status, especially if you still have a bunch of realm dungeons to do where sleep could be relevant.

Status effects are solidly in the grave right now. Any fight where they'd work is easy enough that you don't need it, and any fight where they might be useful they won't work.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bruceski posted:

Same question for summoners. I assume magic but there's a lot of overlap between summoner and healers.

All summon magic abilities scale with MAG, including Madeen. All white magic abilities scale with MND.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I need holy damage badly. Hades is the only 4* magicite I can't sub-30. All the current and future banners suck for me. I really should have gone harder on Banner 1 :negative:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

As others pointed out, hardcasting Godwall is probably what's getting you killed. Without his LMR it takes Tyro about 4.26s to get it up, more if you've got other characters going before him. One way to get around this is to put your highest speed character in the top slot and Tyro in the one below it, and then set turn order to party order in the config menu. That will make it so that after the first character goes, if Tyro's ATB is full then he'll go next.

Another option is to just not bring Godwall. It's nice, but taking that long to get it up is a huge drawback. Also since you haven't beaten all the magicites yet obviously, your only option for RW is normal wall, which would be completely redundant. If you bring two healers with protectga, shellga, and hastega, you'll get the exact same effect as Godwall while also having some mitigation up a lot sooner. Bringing two healers isn't a bad idea if you're just trying to clear.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

McDragon posted:

Ugh I need more keystones gotta beat up more magicites c'mon.

Good news! Keystones are going away in two weeks!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Torments have been power creeped to hell and back. They're extremely easy, and you've got nothing to lose but time for trying them.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah, basically magicite fights will only cost stamina now, but will no longer drop major orbs or crystals. To compensate, the repeatable completion reward for orb/crystal dungeons will be increased to two orbs and one crystal respectively, and the amount of arcana you get from magicite battles will be significantly increased, to the point that a sub-30 clear will be about 5 times as stamina efficient as Sunday XP dungeon for leveling magicite.

All in all it's a huge QOL improvement.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It takes 18.4 million XP to level a 4* or 5* magicite from 1 to 99, so that's 14 4* sub-30 clears and change. If you hate grinding magicite it will still suck, but it will be really nice that you're not effectively spending orbs to level them anymore.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Andante posted:

Are ninjas worth a dive without any relics at all?

For reference, characters with five-star ninja access are:
Tyro (Core) and Onion Knight (FF3), technically
Edge (FF4)
Kelger (FF5)
Shadow (FF6)
Yuffie (FF7)
Fujin (FF8)
Kiros (FF8)
Lion (FF11)
Thancred (FF14)
Hilariously, not Ninja (core)

Of those, the ones with dualcast Legend Materia are:
Edge (FF4)
Shadow (FF6)
Yuffie (FF7)

If it's worth it to dive a ninja without any relics, is there one of those three that the thread would recommend? If so, why?

BUFF

THAT

YUFF

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I wouldn't call it a gimme, but Edge SSB does make it a lot easier. It's all about timing. Pop it at the start for hastega, then the blink eats the first dispel, then you recast during the animation of the second dispel. Don't worry about characters who get hit by the ST dispel, that's not a huge loss. You might need an entrust bot to sustain charges. Also don't bother bringing protectga or shellga - Ixion's non-piercing attacks don't hit very hard, so spending two character turns to recast them isn't worth it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

The lack of a festival banner runback where you can pull on any of them for 24 hours is kinda a bummer

Yeah I'm seriously regretting not going all in on Banner 1. I'm probably going to have to do a few pulls on Tactics 1 despite a ton of dupes and not great other stuff. My holy game is weak, and there's nothing else good on the horizon.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fear is the mind killer. Always pull.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bwah ha ha! Your weapons tickle!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

iPodschun posted:

The 5* Empower and Dampen passive boosts are the same level as 4* but the other passives go a couple levels higher (eg Fast Act goes from 8 to 10, Blade Ward goes from 5 to 8). 5* do get two inheritance slots for more customization though.

Also all of their entry and periodic attacks are overstrikes.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nihilarian posted:

I'm sitting here with 2 characters dedicated to healing and I still can't keep up with Ixion's damage output. Anytime I try to take time off of healing to do literally anything else (like cast hastega), I immediately eat poo poo. I don't get it and it's annoying because I'm pretty sure I have all the pieces to beat it

Who are your healers? And what other options do you have?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ixion is the one 4* fight where it's a good idea to play conservatively if you just want a clear, because it doesn't get significantly more dangerous as time goes on like the others. It doesn't even have an enrage at 60s, so you can just turtle up with a radiant shield and finish some time next year.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You definitely don't need a second healer if you have Edge's SSB, and OK isn't a very good one anyway. Make OK an entrust bot for Edge and you could arguably do it with no healers, though that takes some practice.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

phew

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Do the new 6* abilities completely obsolete any 5* ones, or are they making an effort to make things different enough that you don't feel like you wasted a ton of major orbs?

I mean obviously there are cases where characters don't have 6* access and they 5* stuff will be useful out of necessity, but I'm just curious if there are any abilities for my main DPS characters that I shouldn't bother honing because a better version is coming down the pipe.

Most of them are just straight upgrades, with higher potency and usually an extra hit. But since orbs aren't exhangeable for crystals, there's no reason to feel like you're wasting anything.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Sorry, I meant in the sense that, say, I wouldn't want to spend 100 major orbs honing a skill to R5 right before a strictly better skill drops, since I could have spent those orbs on another useful 5* skill. I know there's still gonna be some situations where I'll want both, but tbh I don't have many party comps where people would be competing for a 6* ability anyway.

Well, you probably shouldn't be honing to R5 in general, unless you have a rank boost effect you need it for or you're actually running out of uses. I've never had much trouble keeping everything at R3.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

McDragon posted:

So why does everyone seem to recommend Godwall RW for Torments? When do you fire it off?

Originally, a lot of the challenge for torments was just not having good realm coverage, especially if you were going for the CMs. They gave you crystals, which were not farmable back in the day! Since the only realm with a native wall was FF14 (and many people didn't even have that), wall was pretty much mandatory as an RW. So if you didn't have a native hastega and/or medica for that realm, you had to go without those, or try to get by without wall (which was doable but very risky less than a year ago). But now Godwall is a thing, and it gives you wall and hastega and even saves you two ability slots all at the same time. Even if it didn't give you hastega, that's an ability now.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pfft, 15 seconds is practically an eternity in game time.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I honestly have no idea what Orran would be. Literally the only thing he does in the game is ZA WARUDO and sure it's awesome but it's not exactly role defining, especially in the context of FFRK.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm definitely starting to feel some annoyance at future banners. I really need some good holy USBs or a chain, because Hades is the only 4* I can't sub-30 yet. Right now my only decent options are Ramza, Agrias, or Beatrix, and then nothing until the next festival. And those options suck because the FFT banner is full of dupes and the FF9 banner is full of garbage.

It really doesn't help that the good holy USBs are concentrated in the hands of only a few characters (Orlandeau, Marche, Beatrix) while the rest are basically just enholy SSBs with a useless defensive buff. Or that most of their LM2s are classic examples of trying to squeeze a tank peg into a dps hole. No DeNA, nobody cares that Basch has a chance to cover another character on the rare PHY-coded attack.

Maybe I'm just at the point where I've played this game enough to really notice its flaws.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

What FR said about physical holy USBs being limited to three users is also true. I guess Ramza can join them as a fourth soon. Unfortunately it’s not even limited to holy. How many users have good physical ice usbs? Squall, Laguna? Laguna is ideally your chain holder too. Physical water is strong as hell but it’s just bartz, teedus and the ninjas. Physical earth? Magic earth, water, wind, holy? Magic ice is just Rinoa and Ysayle for now too. Meanwhile at DeNA headquarters another fire USB is being made. On a banner with a new dark mage USB that no one asked for.

I guess, maybe I'm just bitching because my only holy USB is Basch, but something just feels lopsided for holy. I think part of it is that there's literally only one ability school for physical holy damage, whereas all the other elements have at least two. And there are plenty of characters that can do multiple elements effectively, like Butz or Vivi. The closest you get to that for holy is Delita, but he's built specifically for spellblade abilities.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vivi would be doing water damage for that fight, presumably.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I finally pulled it off. All 4* magicites sub-30.

Ramza has Shout++
Raines has BSB
Larsa has BSB and USB
Agrias has enholy SSB and OSB
Orlandeau has OSB

That's right, no damaging USBs. It all relied on having just enough dps to skip each scripted Black Cauldron so that Larsa's astra would block the interrupt at the start of the next phase. Then I needed Ramza to recast his BSB as soon after the dispel as possible. That was probably the hardest part, I had a lot of failed attempts where he finished casting a little too soon, or way too late.

And then just having enough dps hinged entirely on Raines and Agrias getting their procs off, so I'm pretty much never going to be able to replicate this. But that's OK because magicite crystals are going away next week.

Really, I'm just glad I won't have to rage pull on the FFT banners now.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Avalerion posted:

So JP's new daily draw rates... 3% for 6* (up from 0,001%) and 11,2% for 5* (up from 0.010%). That seems pretty high, might actually get stuff from that fairly regularly.

Wow that's huge. That's basically a free 5* every 9 days and a free 6* roughly each month on average.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

FWIW, the CMD1 is half the potency of Omega Drive, so it will do more damage than OD on a 50% wind weak boss. It's also classified as a combat ability, so it will trigger his LM2. Presumably you can triple cast it if you you both his LM2 and wind w-cast LMR equipped, though I don't think that's better than Roaring Quadstrike with LM1 and wind LMR.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Oh yeah for sure he's useful, but he doesn't do much in between other than spam Assault Sabre. I usually have Celes and Beatrix using their BSBs to consistently hit the damage cap and he's stuck at like 6k. Entrusts and Breaks, I suppose?

Assuming that's 6k per hit on assualt saber, that's still a ton of damage. Not hitting the damage cap doesn't mean a character shouldn't be dpsing. In my sub-30 Hades clear, my dedicated dps characters were doing around 5k per hit.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jul 11, 2018

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm ready for torment!

Having USBs for Delita and Mustadio means I definitely want to go for fire damage. The main question is whether I want to go for Orlandeau (just OSB) or Agrias (enholy SSB, OSB, w-cast knight LMR) for my third dps slot. Agrias would probably be better just due to her higher hit count.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

Orlandeau would be better with that setup because he can access Fire via Samurai.

On the other hand, hitting 5 or 10 times per turn would help the realm chain a lot more than Orlandeau's 4. Also Orlandeau only has one fire boost while Agrias would have two holy boosts, plus an enholy from her SSB.

Yeah, definitely going with Agrias.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The first challenge is finding them.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Sorry guys, looks like Torments are cancelled due to weather. Everyone pack up and head home.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If you want to access New Torments, you have to set your phone's time zone to Tokyo time.

I'm not joking.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

My first attempt at DWhale. Not bad considering what I had to work with. Healing wasn't as rough as I thought it would be with just Enkidu and Alma BSB, especially considering that I, like an idiot, threw away all my poison resist accessories.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

fridge corn posted:

Struggling to stay interested in this game

Take a break and come back in a month or two, or maybe not at all. It's just a mobile gacha game :shobon:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Philouza posted:

I normally would but I honed up Reaping Scythe for TGC to murder holy magicites and not himself

Edit: Oh also I'm dumb and I just realized that Dread Weapon is 4 hits...I thought it was two

Physical darkness abilities are really cool in that they have a really nice gradient on how risky you want to play. You've got Dread Weapon for maximum defensiveness, then Reaping Scythe which is neutral but does a little more damage (with the downside that you need to have a source of doom), then Sanguine Cross for a little more damage at the cost of a little HP, then Crimson Cross for maximum risk/reward.

Dwindling Spirit and Mark of Darkness are garbage though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You can only have one chain active at a time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/8tqjdm/tyranny_of_the_impure_fft_torment_dungeon/ <--exact numbers for torment synergy

For D280 you can get by with 1 or 2 non-realm characters. For DWhale you absolutely need a full realm party though.