Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

IUG posted:

Most of them have left for smaller, independent forums where their posts are more valueable.

One is exclusively posted in by america alucard, D_T, and myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
It is known that I loathe the Inhumans and Marvel killing the handful of Inhumans I enjoy is pleasing. The hate is pure once more.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Jennifer and Foggy?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Open Marriage Night posted:

Hickman loves the New Mutants. If he doesn't want to write the X-Men it's probably because of what an editorial clusterfuck they always seem to be. They'd have to give him the Morrison/Whedon treatment.

So 2-3 years of hands off good stories that are quickly swpet under the rug the next month?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Dawgstar posted:

Oh, no, that's the truth. I thought you referred to the creative team.

Nah Wilson is good. Carol is not.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Gavok posted:

I think he showed up in one of the Marvel Zombies stories.

Yeah he got bitten, but didn't turn after entering a healing stasis.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

enigmahfc posted:

Not to sound dense, but I do not understand what that guy is pissed about when he says Loeb says there is only 2 genders, then Cloak fans and Dagger fans. Like, the way that is written, it sounds like a joke, that you can only be a Dagger fan or a Cloak fan and nothing in between. But then it says someone was mis-gendered but gave no context. Did he accuse someone of being a Dagger fan when they were really a Cloak fan? Those tweets are loving confusing.

"The Two Genders" is a joke/meme that has been around for 2ish years. Here have a buzzfeed clickbait with a bunch of stolen tweets: https://www.buzzfeed.com/hattiesoykan/pictures-that-accurately-define-the-gender-binary

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

BrianWilly posted:

I don't mean to suggest that the two...things?...are comparably bad or that it would even matter if they are ('cuz playing oppression Olympics is obvs the most super funnest thing to do in the world ever). I'm gay and Asian and just for the record Loeb could get bent for all I care, but it genuinely just never occurred to me that the two genders joke is appropriating someone's issues because the communities I'm involved in just...kinda toss it out there all the time for memes and giggles, specifically in response to the uptight exclusionists who keep maintaining that there are only two genders.

This is how I have always seen the joke used.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

This is Rhyno's punishment for linking breitbart

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
That Luke Cage things sounds dumb as hell, is because of the TV show, and bendis did something like that in that secret war crossover that had nick fury start to become a bad guy.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Dawgstar posted:

Nicieza is really one of those writers you just want to leave alone and do his own thing for like fifty issues and then come back to. I'm still fond of New Warriors, even if I haven't re-read it in ages (and know some of it won't hold up).

Agreed. His uninterrupted runs are usually really enjoyable comics.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Bought the first 5 issues of NFL Superpro today.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Ghost Panther #2 in Previews revealing my villain for the mini- spoilers?

You are very good at comics.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

howe_sam posted:

Zdarsky's last issue of Spider-Man is...well, all the usual Spider-Man adjectives.

Thwip?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I refuse to buy the books of artists that mingle among the common rabble.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Ross doing designs, cover work, and story ideas with a partner would have been good for FF. When he did it with the JSA at DC those were good stories and designs.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Jiro posted:

Didn't Simonson do that bonkers mashup of RoboCop vs Terminators? I seem to remember Alex strapping into a rocket or a nuke and blowing everything to kingdom come.

My inner 12 year old would love to see an R rated movie of that.

That comic ruled and the twist that robocop was the basis for skynet or the terminators ruled.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Wanderer posted:

Between Broo, American Eagle, and Man-Wolf in Avengers, Hazmat in Captain Marvel, and Tara Tam in Squirrel Girl, today was a good day for character reappearances.

American Eagle is back? He rules.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
There was a vol. 2 Crew book? The first volumn is not good. This was shocking since Priest wrote it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
So is there a Summer's chin?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

coolusername posted:

So disney store is having a sale, and i got this cool villain bag.

But I don't recognise all the icons. Can someone help me out here?

I see Hydra, MODOK, and as said above Nefarious Butt.

The other two. Maybe Dr. Doom for one.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Heathen posted:

Doom has the FF trapped individually and is bragging about it on live television. Reed has Sue make Doom's outfit transparent so the whole world can see Victor Von Dong.

This sounds really good actually

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

X-O posted:

Honestly while Ultimatum is really bad, I think both that annual and Ultimates 3 are worse.

You would think, but Site still has Ultimate Comics: Avengers to read and Millar transcends Loeb.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
This is sad news if Tomasi isn't writing. Breaking up one of the best artist/writer teams.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Lol if bendis isn't writing something for the 80th anniversary because of the exclusive

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Tippy Toe is on there, but no FF.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Tulul posted:

Three Giant-Men and a Baby.

Yes this was the joke

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

A max Landis sequel so soon?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
From nazi to general of the armed forces. Are the heroes calling themselves NATO now?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

twistedmentat posted:

I feel like there's enough people still out there that consume any and all zombie material no matter the quality. Like Days Gone isn't very good but it sold a fuckton of copies.

War of the Realms never tried to be more than what it was, all the Marvel heroes fighting Thors stuff.

Days Gone is good though.

I remember marvel zombies vs ash was good.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

^burtle posted:

Imagine being this invested in Gwenpool.

I guess with D_T and american Dracula gone somebody had to step up to the plate.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I have been informed there is some confusion. ^burtle is the bad guy in my post.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Yvonmukluk posted:

So it's official: they unmasked Spider-Man in Civil War because they already had OMD planned.

I mean, we all knew it, but I think this is the first time it's been confirmed in writing.

*hannibalburessthissucks.gif*

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Just have peter be loving some girl who the only time he sees is when one texts the other "you up?"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Scott/Emma and jean/death forever

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

site posted:

it would be nice if the editorials got their poo poo together every once in a while cuz the finale to usg literally had doreens identity get released to the public

Nice to see centrists and facists coming together to take down antifa.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
We should all post stories about the times we said slurs in relation to comic books. I'll start.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

And now he will write numerous critically acclaimed books.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Definitely. Annihilation was so much better than Civil War. I think the biggest problem is that they are quarterly now, so any excitement they used to generate was boiled away. If Marvel could just let what are currently events just be stories in normal titles and save having a bespoke miniseries with tie in minis for something actually big once every year or two they would be more impactful.

Absolute Carnage has no business being more than an arc in Venom.

DC did the small events for a year or 2 with the latest relaunch and most of those stories were good, but alas the money machine didnt make enough "brrrrrrrr" noises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Diamond is letting shops sell this week's books a day early, so if you want to grab them tonight go ahead. Seems like an odd thing to announce so late in the day, but it is a nice thing in this difficult time.

Nonessential businesses are being shut down everyday by states.