Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I'm confused about Spider-Geddon.
In one of the issues of Vault of Spiders, the Uncle Ben Spider-Man that teams up with the young Peter had a story where he was upset over young Peter's death in Spider-Geddon. I assumed it would happen later in the storyline but now that it's finished, I realized they didn't kill him. What the heck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I don't read modern X-men yet, can someone explain to me Goldballs and his appeal? I think Bendis created him and may have been the villian in Worst X-men ever

I stopped reading X-Men around the time they started killing all their fun young New Mutants/Academy X/New X-Men characters. Occasionally I've read summaries but I'm so confused about most decisions they made with the books. I understand it's because Marvel didn't really want to give Fox more movie characters but it seems like it made for a lot of stories that I have no interest in reading. The X-Men (and related books) were so much fun for a lot of the first decade this century. I wish they did more random things with mutants like X-Statix again. The only thing that caused me to make effort to read X-Men this decade is about the time displaced original X-Men storyline. The best part of those stories was when they interacted with Superior Spider-Man and he was a huge rear end.

Goldballs sounds hilarious. What other hilarious mutants have been made this decade?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

There are a few post Claremont early 90s X-Men stories that are fun reads. After Age of Apocalypse there really isn’t anything worth reading in adjective less or Uncanny until New X-Men. (Unless you really love Eve of Destruction or operation zero tolerance.)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Air Skwirl posted:

Claremont's run up until the Australia era is one of my favorites. There's a lot of good stuff after that, but it gets more convoluted with crossovers and different people switching books constantly. I feel like up until Australia you can just read the main title without getting confused or anything.

That's fair. Though I wouldn't skip New Mutants.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Apr 5, 2024

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

mutantIke posted:

This is a stupid question, how do you guys keep track of release dates? I'm pretty new to comics and have no clue when anything is coming out. Had no clue the next USM was even available

This site is great. It is also helpful to check out variant covers before release.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

site posted:

oh look there's 9 different choices for a naked lara croft for a book called con artists and a very bad realistic gwenpool variant for deadpool

e: i guess tbf none are as bad as that jackpot/black cat cover

Lol, sometimes variants are cool though. I love the 90s card variant covers for X-Men. Also a big fan of any Ultimate Spider-Man variants that depict Peter doing mundane dad things. Having power info on the back like the 90s cards rules. Was disappointed the Marvel Masterpiece Card variants didn't do the same.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

mutantIke posted:

When I was catching up on Immortal Thor all the store had were variants which kinda sucked because why would I deprive myself of Alex Ross art (same goes for FF)

This is the right way to do covers. Go with the one you like, not a variant for variant's sake.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

What websites are good/can people recommend for getting random back issues?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I bought the Blood Hunt Red Band but haven't seen the normal version.

I could maybe guess one of the added pages. It appears there are 8 total additional pages.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

lol at the gimmick of selling the red band Blood Hunt in a sealed bag the same week Get Fury comes out.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

After Decimation, Quicksilver lost his powers and gave himself a new version of his powers in Son of M. When did he go from his weird time travel powers back to his normal super speed powers?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Blood Hunters 1 is a fun read if anyone was on the fence about picking it up. The Declan Shalvey variant rules.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

OnimaruXLR posted:

did they ever reconcile how the mutant responsible for the crackdown on mutantkind in Bishop's time goes from being Xavier-as-Onslaught to being Hope?

Bishop's original timeline was prevented in Onslaught: X-Men when Bishop saved the X-Men from Onslaught.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Has Shogo been seen since the last Hellfire Gala? I feel like he hasn’t been in anything at least since before X-Terminators. (I haven’t read Realm of X yet.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Rick posted:

That reminds me that Charles Xavier's original body out with a brood infection in a Shi'Ar freezer somewhere.

The Krakoa era started with Xavier in Phantomex’s body.