Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Good.

EDIT: Wait, could destroy their industry? Clearly we haven't gone far enough, I want to see will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

gucci bane posted:

I was gonna make a joke about them being the Sucking Dick Alliance but that actually sounds cool

Yeah definitely rather those peeps than the shoppies.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Les Affaires posted:

I am actually, because he's been in parliament for a while now and most people after sitting in that place for long enough learn how it works and how to play the game. Even if he has seen the writing on the wall and that he's not going to last for very long, why the gently caress would he just throw it all away along with a pile of money that SHY is probably now entitled to just to get a few likes for his facebook page?

He's managed to rally most other parliamentarians behind SHY, even if they're using reserved language that doesn't specifically name her or the Greens. The ones who may agree with him are smart enough to keep their mouth shut both in and out of parliament.

Because he's a privileged idiot who has become so accustomed to never facing consequences for his actions that he simply never considered that he had to moderate them.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Anybody else see a flaw in this plan?

1st, holy poo poo wtf else are they planning if this is only halfway and

2nd, Q: Why is registering a business name their example if they're talking about centrelink?
A: Because they have no examples of it working for the services centrelink provides.

Good luck with olds doing this.

Also good luck ever being compliant again if you have your payments cut off for 3 months and the only way to get them back is to take a photo of yourself and use the internet to upload it and you can't afford a phone with an internet connection, because you have no money.

Rather than implicitly trap people in inability to access welfare, lets explicitly trap them!

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
nah it's just another built to fail compliance measure so they can kick people off for no reason and create more hoops to jump through.

I mean is anyone seriously impersonating other people to access centrelink voluntarily? I loving wouldn't' even access it for myself let alone for myself and someone else.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Turns out being liked by internet edgelords isn't a good litmus test for being liked by the rest of society.

Who knew.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Aesculus posted:

I would not gently caress Sarah Hanson-Young, or Larissa Waters for that matter but that is because I do not gently caress women thank you very much

Yet another incel.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I'm imagining them contacting a right-wing think tank and just getting slavering, incoherent rambling from the other end of the phone and it warms my heart

Just image what the rest are like when Caleb Bond is the best young face the right wing can put on their views.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Megillah Gorilla posted:

So he outright called her a slut?

No wonder no news outlet is replaying his words.

Cat Hat's gonna get hosed so hard.

Fukkin wow.

How about that totally real misandry and totally made up misogyny right guys?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

‘Find our who you are not allowed to criticise and you will find the true power’ - some jerk off with war hammer posters in their bedroom

Please stop doxxing me.

Lid posted:

A self-described independent Scientologist and former comedian said he painted lewd graffiti on the Eurydice Dixon memorial to attack feminism and promote his anti-vaccination message.

Ms Dixon, herself an emerging comedian, was killed as she walked home through the Carlton North park from a gig in the city on June 13.
Just days after her death, police officers doing routine patrols of the area found the markings on the soccer pitch where her body was found, which had been transformed into a memorial site.

Andrew Nolch said he was guilty and he planned on getting caught.

“I was upset, and I want to make this clear, this was not a personal attack at all...this was purely an attack on feminism, on mainstream media for hijacking a vaccine-causing issue and turning it into a men are bad, women’s rights issue,” he told The Age.

Mr Nolch repeatedly cited the discredited theory that vaccines caused autism.

He said it was worth causing hurt in order to get his message across. He also said that he had no diagnosed mental illness.

Dear Australia, I am a sane person who paints dicks on memorials to murder victims to protest feminism.

I like that his whole case is "not all men" and it's totally unfair to tar normal guys with the same brush as these terrible men and then he does this and proves that no, actually I think you can use the same brush after all.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Don Dongington posted:

Open Source scientology: It's still a full of poo poo, rich persons cult, but now you can download it from github

EoinCannon posted:

It's a pretty poor showing when an actual cult can't prevent a schism

It's called a "fork".

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Why is the age printing out his statements for him? That’s literally exactly what he wanted

I guess they can't run the headline "Idiot fuckhead turns out to be an even bigger fuckhead than initial statements indicated." because otherwise the front page would just be the same headline with a rotating gallery of white men in the picture.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Where do all these insane assholes (freelance scientologists, libertarians) keep getting the idea that anybody is "blaming all men" for whatever it is they're talking about? These dudes are hosed in the head

MRAs

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

Leyonhjelm.jpg

Nah, didn't bite the people that freed it and then stick it's head even further into the jar.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

A take so hot it ignites the atmosphere.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Zenithe posted:

Coles bags are free right now. This guy is even more of an idiot.

Ahahaha, what a spectacular self own.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Turns out the only "libs" cathat owned were the libertarians.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
The incel Virgin vs. the Chad Qantas

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

iajanus posted:

Can't see any difference between a brief and appreciated compliment and calling someone a massive slut as an insult

Totes the same

Me saying to a friend "Hi hottie" is indistinguishable to me yelling the same from a car at a passerby.

Reactionaries live in a world without context.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I'm an engineer and I haven't had a raise in 5 years.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

Perhaps you should simply ask your boss for a raise or find a new employer *shits*

I have tried both of those without success.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Don Dongington posted:

Probably because your occupation is statistically the most likely to be involved in a mansplaining argument with a low paid retail employee about plastic bags and as such any attempts to unionise will result in a 14 hour rant from each prospective member about everything wrong with the union movement

We're the second most thank you, after IT workers.

Also please don't judge me by my terrible coworkers.

(Funnily enough most people in my office are pretty left wing, maybe that's why we don't ever get a raise.)

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

G-Spot Run posted:

I asked for a raise and a week later half my team, including my partner, were made redundant. Because I kept my job, without a raise, I've been told I should be more grateful.

Yeah I got told I should be grateful to have a job.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Humans shouldn't commit warcrimes you say? Well, you yourself are a human, hypocrite much? Maybe lay off those brutal dictators because they're humans too and if you were them you'd also be a brutal dictator huh?

Gotcha.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
We seriously need some pushback against this "African Gangs" poo poo. Normal non propagandized people are starting to spout it off because it's being thrown at them so often.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Anidav posted:

Campbell Newman literally brought back syphilis lmao

Black lung too.

Amazing.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Jesus, laws introduced in 2016.

loving :decorum: bullshit.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

You should have to stand before a court. gently caress sitting there and saying nah I answer to God, that's bullshit.

She's a dumb idiot for not just doing it, but gently caress me it's a dumb pointless rule. Why should anyone stand when a judge enters?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

Because we're not animals and deference to the court is important. It's not about the judge as a person. The judge represents the values of a society. That's why you stand.

Why? Should we also show deference to cops? How about politicians? What part of this is a useful thing and what is just a historical quirk where the rabble had to show respect to their betters?

It's already illegal to disrupt court proceedings, if you don't stand up when a judge enters or bow or poo poo who loving cares?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

lmao she flipped him the isis sign on being convicted

She's an idiot. I agree.

Why should it be illegal to not stand for judges?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

It should be contempt. No one would defend this if it was a single dad or some other white, sad sack loser in there making a point.

e: as I said, it's just a sign of respect for a core institution and what it represents, which is ostensibly justice and order.

No, honestly if it was a white idiot doing this I'd raise the same question. They're dumb as gently caress for not just standing but the standing rule is also dumb as gently caress.

Do you think the same respect should be applied to cops? Do you think everyone should stand when a police officer enters the room? What about a politician? Aren't cops justice and order, aren't politicians who make the law also part of a core institution? Do you think it should be a punishable offence if you don't?

EDIT: I mean this poo poo is literally bow and scrape before your betters. Is our justice system there to be served by people or to serve the people involved in it?

hooman fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jul 11, 2018

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Whitlam posted:

Tl;dr: standing in court matters because of what it and the court represents, and having consequences for saying "gently caress you" to the court is good.

Thanks for this answer.

JBP posted:

If I had it my way we'd never go to jail and eat ice cream together happily forever :angel:

I'm all in on peace ice cream.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Whitlam posted:

I look forward to the inevitable 7 page flame war about what the best flavour for peace ice cream is.

I think you'll find that #allflavoursmatter

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Please make Auspol August: Steamed Lambs.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

Why do they always bang on about being ashamed of being white? No one has told you to be ashamed???

Because they can't separate having done bad things from being "bad" as a person. If you tell them that white people have done terrible things and we need to make them right they can't hear that as "We need to acknowledge our failures and work to correct them" but only as "You should be ashamed of being white". That's why they take it so personally, because they live in a black and white world where bad people do bad things, and if they've done bad things they must be a bad person, but they're a good person, so they can't have done bad things, therefore someone is trying to trick them.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

That article posted:

Prior to the compulsory federal buyback, he'd kept the cherished weapons in his attic and "every now and then I would take them out and pat them ... It was a big thing not being allowed to have them any more. It was no solace to know I was getting paid money [to hand them back]. It was an insult. There I was, being presumed to be unsafe because some nutter had got himself hold of a semi-auto in Tasmania.”

:catstare:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Sexual Agenda 21.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Just tell libertarians that you're pro men with guns being elected versus men with guns being self electing.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

GoldStandardConure posted:

I was all "hey you like weed, why don't you come to the event we have coming up talking about decriminalising weed" which seemed to work

Good luck deprogramming them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

GoldStandardConure posted:

I don't give a gently caress if he turns up or not, it allowed me to end the conversation so I didn't need to hear him poo poo on about how healthcare should be a market, and also the lady I was doorknocking with was super impressed with how I handled it so yay me I guess

Ah that makes much more sense.

I was like, GSC why would you want to spend more time with a libertarian?!

• Locked thread