Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Anidav posted:

JOB snobs and bludgers who refuse to apply for work will have amber and red traffic light colours flash on their phones to warn they are about to lose their welfare payments.

In a major shake-up starting today, jobseekers face a demerit point system which is supported by a new Job Seeker app. It will provide constant reminders about meeting their obligations. The dashboard will use strong visual and written warnings.

The no-more excuses plan, will use traffic light colours to show whether the job seeker is in the green (fully compliant) zone; the amber (warning) zone; or red (penalty) zone.

Under the new system, if job seekers fail to attend interviews or apply for a required number of jobs, they will likely lose their Newstart payment. It will be reinstated once obligations are met.

If they have no reasonable excuse for failing to meet requirements, a demerit point will be added to their record.

If five demerit points are clocked up within six months, backpay will be withheld, even if they turn-up for interviews or apply for work.

If requirements are met for three months, demerit points will return to zero.

The amber indicator will show demerit points and how far to go to the red or penalty zone. Serious failures such as blatantly refusing to work, means immediate loss of payment for four weeks.

The system will be managed by jobseekers, who will self-report and confirm they have met their requirements, and overseen by job active provider.

Jobs Minister Michaelia Cash said the system was designed to make the process of finding a job easier.

“The new framework is fairer because it recognises that the majority of job seekers do the right thing and should therefore not receive financial penalties,’’ Senator Cash said.

“It will, however, penalise those who exploit the welfare system by wilfully and repeatedly gaming the rules in order to receive income support payments. This system will reinforce the rights and obligations of both government and those seeking assistance.”

Stop posting unlabeled Betoota advocate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Does anybody think this photo shop of trum as Mao looks like dutton?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

quote:

The new system will require welfare recipients, including those in receipt of the age pension, disability pension and rent assistance, to take a photo of themselves using a camera or mobile phone and upload it to the government site.

It will then be compared to an official form of ID, such as a passport or driver’s licence, to confirm the claimant’s identity and allow the user to access their online account in order to claim their benefits. Government officials also hope it will make it harder for anyone attempting to fraudulently claim benefits to do so.
Anybody else see a flaw in this plan?

quote:

Minister for Human Services Michael Keenan said: “As a nation, we are already a long way down the road toward becoming a truly digital government and we should be proud of what we have achieved so far.

“We are already three years into a seven-year program to digitally transform the welfare payment system which will eventually enable all benefit types to be claimed and processed online. The advantages of achieving this goal are enormous. 

“Digitisation will also deliver significant cost savings for Government. At present, a traditional over the counter transaction such as registering a business name costs taxpayers $17 to process on average. By enabling transactions to be conducted entirely online, the cost of processing can drop to as little as about 40 cents.

1st, holy poo poo wtf else are they planning if this is only halfway and

2nd, Q: Why is registering a business name their example if they're talking about centrelink?
A: Because they have no examples of it working for the services centrelink provides.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

What's the real reason? 50/50 favor to whoever is selling them the software/easy way to get all your undesirables facial recognition data

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Les Affaires posted:

It might be that he's making a point about free speech or the onerosity of our defamation laws but it's a really risky and expensive way to make it.

Iirc If you go back thru his Twitter etc you'll notice that he's into the "triggered?" style of comedy and is actually really dumb.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

G-Spot Run posted:

Isn't it just an easy way for Dept Homeland Security or whatever the Potato Reich is officially called to expand their purpose further and increase (or retain? I recall Vic biting back at the freedom of use they wanted to apply) the shared passport-driverslicence-etc system across states?

Edit: including pensioners is :discourse: levels of political suicide

It's definitely this. They're obsessed with biometrics and population tracking. I think it was in 2015 that abbott talked about getting rid of cash money entirely to get target "unexplained money."

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

How will the liberal party launder their donations if everything is tracked though?

Cool rule of thumb: the rules never apply to them ~♪

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Lid posted:

Senator David Leyonhjelm has said he tells people they're "bastards" or "bitches" irrespective of gender, denying he targets women.
The Liberal Democrats politician has been roundly condemned for sexual taunts aimed at Greens senator Sarah Hanson-Young.
He has previously used offensive language towards Tony Abbott's former chief of staff Peta Credlin and Network Ten journalist Angela Bishop.
But Senator Leyonhjelm denied it was "sexist abuse".
"It's just abuse," he told RN Breakfast.

"It is a normal Australian behaviour.

"I am a normal Australian, I am elected by normal Australians, normal Australians call people bitches, bastards, shut up, various things of that nature.
"I don't discriminate between men and women."

I am a normal australian! I am a norm- GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME I AM A NORMAL AUSTRALIAN I AM A NORMAL

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

hooman posted:

Please stop doxxing me.

I like that his whole case is "not all men" and it's totally unfair to tar normal guys with the same brush as these terrible men and then he does this and proves that no, actually I think you can use the same brush after all.

Where do all these insane assholes (freelance scientologists, libertarians) keep getting the idea that anybody is "blaming all men" for whatever it is they're talking about? These dudes are hosed in the head

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Wasn't that guy involved with killing channel 10 too?

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Coming soon to a Dutton ministry near you:

Trump Creates ‘Denaturalization’ Task Force to Pursue Deportation Against Thousands of U.S. Citizens

Question - when this inevitably comes here, can we get it to apply to Abbott?

Can we get any rules to apply to them?(no)

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Zenithe posted:

https://www.gofundme.com/fight-the-greens

I know you should never read the comments, but lol. Amazing comments.

They're not all bad :unsmith:

quote:

28 mins ago

disgraceful piece of crap. i hope next time you stand at the trough taking a piss, a real man. who respects women knocks you into it, where you deserve to be. the bradbury vote may have put you there mate. but you still as low as the cake soap in the trough

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Abolish the dept of home affairs

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Why are these assholes just so bitter all the time?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Resident Idiot posted:

I hate to interrupt Linchat at, but Treasury Secretary John Fraser has resigned after doing nothing useful, and will be replaced by Scott Morrison's former chief of staff, Philip Gaetjens.

Interesting that this happened after the pushback Morrison received when he tried to pass off numbers he'd made up himself as coming from the PBO

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Is there any publicly available evidence that David leonhelm is not an incel?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Girlfriend at other school, you wouldn't know her. Her phone is also broken so no photos.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

"Are you afraid to go out to restaurants in Melbourne?" a reporter asked.

"No, why? Should I be?" he asked.

The reporter then explained the Prime Minister's comments.

"Oh because of the gangs … the violence. Oh I'm sorry I wasn't following you, I didn't understand the question," he replied.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Cartoon posted:

I can't even feign shock anymore:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-18/cashless-welfare-audit-finds-monitoring-severely-lacking/10005214

It wouldn't be so bad but most of the lessons that are needed to be learnt here were already learnt back in the 18 hundreds by missionaries. More second verse same as the first: The evaluation was inadequately funded. Why fund something that is already well known? https://www.orima.com.au/home/ are just the people for a fast agile and inexpensive reiteration of what they were briefed to find.

Why are problems that have been 'analysed' for centuries so difficult to address? Oh it's for browns. Silly me. Why don't they just white up or loving just die off already? loving inconsiderate bastards.

At least the UNHCR haven't caught on to that one, yet:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jul/08/un-body-condemns-australia-for-illegal-detention-of-asylum-seekers-and-refugees

quote:

For example, the minister was advised that there were fewer ambulance call-outs in September 2016 compared to the previous year.

However, when ANAO took seasonality into account and analysed the data over a longer period, it found a 17 per cent increase in call-outs between April and October 2016 compared to the previous year.

It was a similar story with school attendance. The minister was told there was an increase, but ANAO analysis found it dropped for Indigenous students after the implementation of the trial.

Despite the inconsistencies, Social Services Minister Dan Tehan is standing by the scheme.

They're just making up their own numbers.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Lid posted:

A federal Liberal MP has stunned his colleagues by arguing that Russian crimes should be “slightly looked over” despite a bitter rebuke to Russian president Vladimir Putin from an Australian father whose three children died in the downing of Malaysian Airlines flight MH17.

Liberal backbencher Craig Kelly triggered outrage by declaring that “nothing that happens” could bring back the 298 victims of the missile attack on the passenger airline over Ukraine four years ago and it was best to focus on improving relations with Russia.

Oh goody now our right wingers are going to start openly conspiring with foreign powers against their domestic enemies too

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-19/mh17-liberal-mp-craig-kelly-apologises-for-comments-on-russia/10011598 posted:

He said he "unreservedly apologised" for any distress he caused to the families of those who died.

But he insisted in all the interviews that his original comments had been taken out of context and twisted by his political opponents.

"I'd also say it's very disappointing that some people have taken political advantage by taking those comments out of context, and have also caused additional harm to those families," he said.

He also repeatedly said he stood by his argument that it would have been pointless for Mr Trump to publicly harangue Mr Putin about Russia's role in the crime during their meeting in Helsinki.

"As much it galls us and as much as I myself would like to shirtfront President Putin … the reality of the world is that we need the US and Russia, the presidents of both countries, to have a good relationship."
American traitors have been doing this one too. Anybody not in on it is accused of nuclear brinkmanship, "Durr I just want peace why do you want a war with russia??"

Anyway this was probably a trial balloon to see how receptible it is to the public. Given the reaction they'll all make disapproving noises and try again in a couple of months

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

holy poo poo i just heard labor made a man do the washing up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

100% as expected then.

Mr Chips posted:

best argument against the current PCEHR system is that there's already a health fund manager willing to go on the record as saying that they absolutely want to access the data. This is an industry that pretty much lobbied itself into $5 billion of government welfare, so there's gently caress all chance of them not getting what they want.

first it was opt in then it was opt out soon it will be compulsory

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

She made a bloke do the dishes that's a hate crime. It's terrorism

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

what did albo do this time?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

:waycool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU