Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

but, my free speech!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

#LNPfightback

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

G-Spot Run posted:

Who designs a system that doesn't tell you anywhere what your eligible hours are when you've built the system from the ground up of being based on eligible hours and activity testing.

Consultants

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The entire industry is rotten with overworked and underpaid staff.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

It's the gambling industry, waddaya think?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Dude McAwesome posted:

Aunty has fallen so, so far. I rarely check the ABC for news any more.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

iajanus posted:

loving leftie nerds wasting my tax money

It's a private-public collaboration, so it's the good kind of research.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

1% margin of error swings only matter if you're working at a paper shilling for the LNP.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Hahaha what the gently caress?

It's not like the media is going to challenge a bold faced lie, so why not?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Grandkids are not allowed to get angry when I make a racist joke :cry:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Really wants to say the n-word in eeny, meeny, miny, moe.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Does anyone know anything about vaping?

Antony Green has just mentioned the Liberal Democrats are in second place behind Labor in Fremantle, and pointed out that they had been campaigning on a vaping platform. Too early to say whether that will pay off.

https://twitter.com/LibDemWA/status/1022361344371089408

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

So it seems like the currently less popular party did not pick up any new seats :shrug:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

LNP didn't run candidates in WA.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

cogito ergo incommo posted:

Does the preferred Prime Minster count for anything? You always hear commentators and politicians talk like it is, but it really seems somewhat meaningless to me.

They only talk about it as a means to create a false balance. LNP have lost every poll since forever and we can't find anybody who will say something nice about them, but would you look at that preferred PM poll. It's one of the few things you've got going for you if your job is to try and undermine the opposition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Lid posted:

A PRO-GUN, anti-feminist, half-American Donald Trump supporter is asking for money to help fund a “March for Men” in Melbourne next month.

Sydney Watson, who describes herself as a “conservative political commentator”, is planning on bringing hundreds of men and women together at Melbourne’s Federation Square on August 25 to march against what she sees as “an assault on men collectively”.

The former University of Melbourne student is critical of the response from politicians and the media after the death of Eurydice Dixon, who was killed while walking home from a night out.

In particular, she takes issue with the narrative that has emerged declaring men need to change their behaviour, not women.

“As many of you know, over the last number of weeks, it has felt like there has been an assault on men collectively,” she said in a video promoting the event.

“I know that this has upset a lot of men and women alike and a lot of people are very distressed that they don’t feel as though they can support men’s rights, masculinity and men in general without being judged.

“I want Australians to rally together for masculinity, for men’s rights and just to demonstrate that we know that men matter too.

“I want to make it abundantly clear that the purpose of this rally is not to hate on women, diminish women’s rights or to make any negative statements about women.”

She said the fight for women’s rights is harming the fight for men’s rights.

“Society is unlikely to be functional if we continue to put down one entire gender in order to prop up another.”

Promoting my alt-right rally by painting myself as a moronic lib, to trigger the libs. I had a look at her youtube and she's an even lazier version of the generic alt-right woman grifter. It's given me some newfound respect for Daisy.

• Locked thread