Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Happy New Financial Year!

Australian's all let us rejoice If you earn over 80k a year this year, 120k next, and 200k thereafter
for we are young and free You'd better hope it's free with the penalty rate cuts and HECS repayment threshold lowered
with golden soil and wealth for toil In the gig economy wealth for lifters only so you'll be sleeping on that golden soil
our land is girt by sea gently caress Off, We're Full

Our land abounds in natures gifts Uranium, iron ore, natural gas, coal
of beauty rich and rare No jokes here, it's seriously loving rare because we won't see a dime from any of it
In history's page let every stage Book burnings will commence at noon under the Bunnings Snag Stand
Advance Australia Fair No Fat Chicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Also there's a bunch of by-elections this month that will hopefully topple the government but don't hold your breath

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
If you want fact checks on my posting you'll need to pay me more

(user was sacked for this post)

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Australian Super was one. I found sign up very easy, they have an Android app that tells you when your employer drops some cash in your account and other stuff, they have an ethical investment plan, they let you opt out of some insurance and do the white collar fee reduction application at sign up rather than hiding it. All good things.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Insurance on super typically defaults you to a higher risk "blue collar" insurance fee rate and buries the "you can lower your monthly fees by filling out a low risk worker form" info. Because they're copping recruitment cashbacks.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Who designs a system that doesn't tell you anywhere what your eligible hours are when you've built the system from the ground up of being based on eligible hours and activity testing.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I am going to be $500 out of pocket Friday because Centrelink hasn't ticked a box against our activity changes in a fortnight, even though I did all the initial application process two months ago and it was approved so I'm all on board the new system, and they expect people to be updating their activity circumstances on the fly from now until forever because you can't future-date your activity changes- only back date them.

I want to put a bottle rocket up Christian Porter's anus, bend him over so he's mouthing Birmingham's anus, and so forth through cabinet MPs in an obvious IP infringement of the human centipede but I'm going to claim fair use as satire.

G-Spot Run fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jul 2, 2018

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Our household income is under 40k annually right now so I'm happy to include the people who sooked about their 350k incomes not stretching far enough in this fire crackin crack party.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Isn't it just an easy way for Dept Homeland Security or whatever the Potato Reich is officially called to expand their purpose further and increase (or retain? I recall Vic biting back at the freedom of use they wanted to apply) the shared passport-driverslicence-etc system across states?

Edit: including pensioners is :discourse: levels of political suicide

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
There's also the typical bias of facial recognition software to the race of the people developing it, so even if they have ID minorities (indigenous) are going to be even more disadvantaged when the software can't see their face and a human operator intervention is required which, as per the CCS activity testing, will take loving weeks.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I'm pretty sure Murdoch is as student of the Kim school of ascension and will continue to make public appearances until the security guards can't move the arms for rigor mortis.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Ooooooooh I wonder whose going to step up

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I wonder if it was to get out of paying the girls maternity leave.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
We have a paranoid workaholic.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I asked for a raise and a week later half my team, including my partner, were made redundant. Because I kept my job, without a raise, I've been told I should be more grateful.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I don't know what the deal is with waiting periods. I know you can't reserve if you transfer funds with equivalent cover but I don't know if a break puts you back at day 1 waiting periods?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Large African gang

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I also hate it but I am compelled to go for the throat when the opportunity is presented.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
If you aren't watching Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee you are missing a great insight into the close relationship between humour and sociopathy.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I saw that. Dude had super hairy arms too.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Uh yup

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

starkebn posted:

I prefer to read it just as "Opinion, the silent career killer for women"

Yeah this was my reading which made me laugh

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Take much bags
(Take much bags)
Take them all
They'll be gone
In a weeeeeeek

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I would almost prefer it. It's better than a phone call on endless hold at least.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Just because they have to do the ultrasound I don't think the law is specific about showing it. I suppose most people would feel a curiousity but if you just think it's part of the clinical process (working out where to jab the vacuum) you might not notice.

Edit: by which I mean to say it shouldn't be required but it's not as depressing practice as it may seem

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Whitlam posted:

nobody's going to be so dumb as to think it's part of the process "to figure out where to jab the vacuum"

I mean, it depends, if they're proselytizing at me about my precious gift then probably not but if it's a quick swipe before going into the surgery y'know maybe someone could be that dumb.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Maybe they're pushing the Shorten:Albo narrative because it deflects the attention from the trash fire that is their political performance and general humanity (see: Dutton's comments on a murder victim who isn't in even cold. although given his portfolio I'm not sure what more could be expected)

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
No doubt. Good post+username combo too

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Minority opinions poo poo is Boomer talk too. Minority of opinions in people who want to loving talk to you mate. And even in the small subset of people in your social sphere nobody wants to tell their parents or aunts or grandparents they're loving stupid, but they're thinking it, and waiting for you to die.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

kirbysuperstar posted:

I should probably opt out of the health record thing but I'm pretty sure I can never get health insurance again anyway and the idea of a shitbag insurer glancing at my file and filling their trousers in horror is funny to me.

Opt out. There's room to expand it to robo debt:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/very-little-is-stopping-my-health-record-being-hooked-up-to-robo-debt/

We inadvertently created a record and although now it's cancelled it will remain on file "archive" - so who knows what access is possible to the personal information and possible identity theft - for up to 130 years. Consider the technological advances since 1890. What do you think they might be capable of extrapolating with your archived data in 100 years?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I know I've got some able-minded privilege here but wouldn't the doctor asking the patient if they've had any xrays recently also cover that risk? I know there's clinical differences the patient may not be clear on but if you start with body part and work your way down "which doctor/practice ordered them?" to "send us copies".

I know the unconscious patient in the emergency room is the one they're spruiking but if I'm in the emergency room I suspect xrays I had done a week ago might not be the most up-to-date coverage on my situation.

G-Spot Run fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jul 25, 2018

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Hahahahahaha this is so far beyond even the watered down ownerahip regulation rules I don't know how it will be possible but it will be!

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
People still have to list and sell and will arguably be more interested than ever in articles about real estate.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Publicly owned through shares maybe.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
It's just wording for the dumb aha I didn't lie defence. Not that lying seems to matter in the public's goldfish memory.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Lmfao channel nine reporter says the liberal party won't concede Longman because they reckon their numbers will bounce back.... 26% pri at 41% counted.

We were watching ghostbusters btw not Nine coverage specifically

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I am reminded of an anecdote from media studies about the propaganda in the papers promoting conscription in the lead up to the conscription referendum, which was ultimately lost because people (rightfully) thought about their own families. The liberal party hosed up by pushing too many changes that have invoked those priorities again.

That old lady on the news talking about her granddaughter getting turbo hosed by penalty rates changes is a good example.

It's also a vote right on the heels of the new childcare system which hosed over so many people in the implementation, and the bonus side effect of souring liberal voters who were crying poor about the means testing. Oh, and the HECS changes. And the low-middle income offset that's disproportionate in favor of upper middle. And everything else.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
YOU CAN'T CUT OUR POLLING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Excellent timing and excellent progress towards what will no doubt be a fizzler outcome when she calls in every favour in the book to avoid conviction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Guess I'm voting 1 labor

• Locked thread