Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

JBP posted:

Only true IWC fans will get the Rosa Parks reference.

That's me hosed then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

plumpy hole lever posted:

i think racism is very geographically specific

If youre in sydney you hate the loving lebs

If youre in melbourne you hate the wogs

If youre rural you hate the abos

i dont know who hates the asians anymore, apparently even pauline hanson lets them join one nation so i guess unless youre an asian driving a car white people dont have problems with you anymore?

I had a cab driver who was worried that the international students, being Asian, were going to find a way to take over the country. So, they might be rare, but they're out there.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
"You know, the real criminal here is vaccinations. But how can I get the message out?"

:spray paints a dick on a rape victim's memorial:

"There. That should avoid any confusion."

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Ha ha you think there'll be consequences for this

I've just mailed Perry a king-sized turd, so yes.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-09/defamation-sarah-hanson-young-david-leyonhjelm-sexual-slurs/9935244

Pollies shouldn't sue for defamation.

Also, SHY should sue for defamation.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

JBP posted:

It should be contempt. No one would defend this if it was a single dad or some other white, sad sack loser in there making a point.

You're only saying this because it's a Muslim woman.

See how dumb this line of argument is?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

JBP posted:

This thread has managed to turn a basic courtesy into racewar loving lmao

That's not my point and you either know it or are as stupid as Andrew Bolt. Which is it, I wonder?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
what is this poo poo election now

https://twitter.com/kypros1992/status/1016921022702817280

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Our Uni paid through the nose for a consultant and their main tip was 'sack this manager here'. They moved the manager sideways on the same pay and sacked four workers.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Jonah Galtberg posted:

But in arguing Leyonhjelm's remarks were objectively injurious to her reputation, Hanson-Young affirms the misogynist notion that a sexually adventurous woman is a bad woman.

bluh bluh bluhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm sure Leyonhjelm's intent was that a woman being sexually adventurous is a good thing.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
What is My Health Record? This is the first I've heard of it, sad to say.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Are hackers going to have access to the x-rays of the time I got an orca penis stuck up my rear end? Is that what this is?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I don't think anyone reads the Telegraph for anything other than the sports so it might not be so harmful after all.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-18/kristen-moriarty-charge-attempted-murder-bringelly-home-invasion/10008388

What's being done about white people and all their home invasions Turnbull.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I think I'm going to regret asking this, but what exactly is 'abortion coercion'?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

bandaid.friend posted:

Made-up stories to be used as an excuse to limit access or make access more complex/lengthly

The Peccadillo posted:

As I understand it, not forcing healthcare providers to deliver a script about how the patient has the option of carrying a baby to term and giving it up for adoption/isn't required to conduct an ultrasound before an abortion

I knew it. I feel sad now.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/jul/21/gina-rinehart-company-revealed-as-45m-donor-to-climate-sceptic-thinktank

quote:

The IPA is a registered charity but is not legally required to disclose its funders and has declined to reveal them in recent years, citing concerns that donors could be “intimidated”.

According to the court judgment, Bianca Rinehart’s solicitors had been provided with a schedule of “donations and sponsorships” from Hancock Prospecting where it was disclosed, the judgment said, that the company “paid or provided amounts to IPA in a total of $2.3m for the 2016 financial year and $2.2m in the 2017 financial year”.

The donations also raise questions about the way the IPA has disclosed the nature of its revenues.

The IPA’s 2017 annual report declared $6.1m of income but said that 86% had come from individuals. Based on that report, Hancock Prospecting’s $2.2m donation would appear to have constituted more than a third of the IPA’s income that year.

In 2016, the IPA reported that 91% of donations were from individuals, but that year Hancock Prospecting’s $2.3m donation constituted almost half the IPA’s income of $4.96m.

:thunk:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

bandaid.friend posted:

Southern did a bit where she went around Melbourne asking people "should we should kill Lauren Southern?"

How many people did she have to question before someone heard of her?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
This article just came up in my twitter feed and, well, lol...

https://www.nzherald.co.nz//world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12092445&ref=clavis

quote:

"I don't know who that is to be honest," responds one of the interviewees, which becomes a recurring theme throughout the clip.

quote:

Loudly laughing throughout the piece, she can be seen trying to find members of anti-fascist protest group Antifa — based on people's appearance.

"I think we found a wild Antifa, I think they're across the street," she says excitedly to the camera, as if she is making a wildlife documentary.

She then breaks into the worst Aussie accent ever committed to camera as she is surrounded by her beefy security guards.

"Oi, crikey," she says before walking over to the "live Antifa" members, who turn out to be two Asian blokes minding their own business, having a smoke.

"No that's just Asian fashion," she says, brazenly laughing at them as she gets closer. "It's just Asian fashion that looks like Antifa."

However, Southern saves the most awkward moment for the end of the clip, when she approaches two women who look utterly bemused by the entire scenario.

"Should we kill Lauren Southern?" she asks them.

"Aren't you her?" one of the women responds.

"No she's a fascist," Southern blusters in response.

"I'm pretty sure it's her," the interviewee says, looking at her partner with a quizzical look on her face.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Greg Sheridan has apparently written a book and it's called - I poo poo you not - God is Good for You.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

JBP posted:

She is an attractive woman and it's relevant because her political opinions and her supporters are facile.

The same supporters follow every word Rosanne Barr and Ann Coulter say, they don't give a gently caress about looks when it suits them.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

bigis posted:

I don’t understand paid parking at a shopping centre. Don’t they want me to shop for a long as possible? I’d probably go out my way to somewhere else that didn’t have paid parking because most places have the same stores anyway.

It's usually to stop/penalize staff from parking at the shopping centre, which is why (in every lot I've seen) the first three hours are free.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Pfft bunch of fuckin' losers in this thread. I just married someone who had a house. Simple! Of course we have to pay it off and we seem to be going backwards rather than forwards, but whatever. I'm sure we'll pull through.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I still fondly remember Asian gangs in Cabramatta and wondering why they didn't stab me in the street for being white when I worked there.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Aesculus posted:

But what does this mean for Bill Shorten's company tax leadership Albo Needs Tony?

lmao that kind of owns, the worst I ever got was an angry old bald man saying how we wanted to let communists and gays in and identified as an altrighter.

I had a guy say 'stick it' but he was talking to everyone handing out htv's. Mind you, I was incensed nevertheless.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

There's a lot going on in this picture.

So is this a light-hearted act of sabotage by the opposition or did they really put up that 90% sign? I've been thinking about it for a good two minutes and I still can't figure out what's more probable.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Can't... Read... that tiny frickin' writing at the bottom of the sign...

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

bell jar posted:

turnbull eating a pie with a knife and fork is somehow worse than tone eating an onion

It's a loving disgrace that makes Trump look like a dignified statesman when he's drinking water and I have no idea why we haven't hanged Turnbull yet.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Fringes have been haram since that slut Betty Page wore them.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

JBP posted:

Yes killing a rodent thing is the same as murder. Thank you, Morrissey Gang.

Heh, why should I give a poo poo about extinction when some fatass stands to make a WAD of cash? :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Can't you also be Jewish if, y'know, you want to be Jewish? You don't have to have a lineage?

• Locked thread