Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Whitlam posted:

Ahahahahaha holy poo poo Grant Denyer won gold.

And Dilruk won best new talent which is well deserved just because he's the best bloke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Comstar posted:

People keep accusing her and then not providing any details or evidence.

I was at Adelaide Uni while SHY was at the height of student politics stuff, and the general approach she took annoyed the hell out of me. That said the couple of brief times I've actually met her she has been nice and she's spent a long time fighting the good fighting when it comes to refugees.

quote:

From what I heard this morning on RN, she’s had enough and Littleproud is about to get served. Hopefully he gets bankrupted.

Hopefully.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

AgentF posted:

I had to educate a few of my colleagues today that Sarah Hanson Young never said that all men are rapists and was on the right side of the Leyjonhelm shitfight. Last week it was about the whale watching thing. Everyone is just so ready to believe anything bad about SHY seemingly at the drop of a hat.I don't care if she was some serial careerist back in the day or whatever. Someone who's so consistently on the right side of politics deserves the benefit of the doubt sometimes.

This. She is undeniably in the right on this.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Just imagine how much you have to gently caress up to have Mark Latham lecturing you on your language.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Grouchio posted:

So Australia is basically less ready than even the US to surviving climate change this century?

We are pursuing the strategy of ensuring our grandchildren are able to use coal to power their floating death fortresses.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

JBP posted:

Nah he just did antivax "comedy" constantly as well as his weird anti psych/mra gear. No one liked it, people said they didn't like it and he stopped getting signed up.

My GIRLFRIEND wife is part of the comedy scene and got added by him and was FB friends for a while. Asking her yesterday about him she said she quickly deleted him due to his insanity.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Good, hopefully she takes him to the cleaners.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

It's quite surprising to me that two story homes aren't more popular in these developments, a smaller footprint with more space for a garden, plus less roof area to stay cooler in summer.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I'm currently sitting in Sydney Airport because my Adelaide to Canberra work trip has turned into some all day Adl-Mel-Syd-Can ordeal. I don't know how many more in-flight raw gluten free snacks I can take.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Virgin.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

When Liberal senator Jane Hume and Liberal Democrat David Leyonhjelm pass each other around Parliament, he tends to greet her with the phrase: "G'day, hot chick."

She typically replies: "G'day, handsome."

For Hume, a first-term senator from Victoria with a long history of advancing the cause for women in the Liberal Party, this interaction is "totally harmless". Better than that, she says, "it's fun and it makes life colourful".

Almost like consent when it comes to interactions makes a difference.

Canberra update: the hotel bar is full of bogans loudly yelling at each other who look like they are on their way to/from the footy. Thought this place was all bureaucrats.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

quote:

In fact, very few of us can stomach the idea of killing an animal, yet we're happy to eat lamb roast on Sundays and burgers in between.

So how do we resolve this tension between our desire to eat meat and the harm this brings to animals? We engage in all the same practices bankers have been accused of recently.

Our work shows we actively downplay the mental lives of animals, such as their capacity to experience pain or harm. This is so the ethical consequences of our behaviour appear less troublesome.

We have also traced these strategies — designed to protect us from the discomfort associated with the ethical implications of meat eating — all the way to how our societies and institutions are structured. Abattoirs are kept out of sight, we use euphemisms such as beef (versus cow) or pork (versus pig), and we promote the idea eating meat is natural, normal, and necessary.

Since I don't eat meat I assume this article is saying I am justified in saying eat the rich instead.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Let's say we increase our spending by 1% of GDP (so an extra 17 billion a year). Does Abbott really think that would save us if China actually went on the offensive against Australia?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

In genuinely surprising news, the SA Liberal Govt is saying good things in regards to the Tesla trials currently going on as part of the proposal to set up a "virtual power plant" with panels on housing trust and low income homes.

https://reneweconomy.com.au/tesla-builds-case-250mw-virtual-power-plant-first-trial-success-63950/

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

$10 says these guys ask for the original lyrics when singing Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

froglet posted:

Do any of you folks still have that picture saved where on the left was all the people who wanted to imprison kids indefinitely and the right were two MP's who didn't? (I think one was Adam Bandt and the other an Independent)

If so, any chance you could share it with me?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

ShoeFly posted:

We’re having a team debrief on the news this afternoon. Thankfully I’m planning on moving to the UK in about a year as I don’t think I’ll have a job in 18 months.

When I think "flourishing jobs market" I too think of post-Brexit UK.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

This has clearly been treated as a trial run for the next federal election. If Labor hold these seats with a swing towards them despite Newscorp doing their best against them how long until we see a challenge against Turnbull?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Haha Alexander Downer is so loving salty and entitled. Knowing people who live in the Adelaide Hills, it's great seeing him do his best to alienate them entirely.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Anidav posted:

Bill "How does he keep winning?" Shorten

This is you and News Corp nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

https://twitter.com/wheelswordsmith/status/1023415231169486848?s=19

• Locked thread