Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Quest For Glory II posted:

they're teens

klk fans are gross

Speaking of things in their teens.

https://twitter.com/HBVideoGames/status/1024306726923919361

The Touch Generation Era was a weird time for gaming. But they still deserve to show up in Smash as much as any other software title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I just impulse bought Valkyrie Profile on iPad, thanks guys

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
grats. Don't be afraid to use the good items even if Odin really wants them because he's a boomer and is explicitly trying to keep you, the new generation, down. Also, give Lenneth a bow I guess. I don't remember doing this myself but goon wisdom says it's the way to go.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

I just impulse bought Valkyrie Profile on iPad, thanks guys

let me know how the hell that even works with touch controls

although i guess if it's an ipad you might have a controller or something, iunno.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The keyboard and mouse I got with my new comp were terrible and my old ones were showing their age so I got some ones. The mouse is a ridiculous looking gamer mouse that is at least comfortable and seems to work well. The keyboard has LED lights and is clicky as hell. Right now I have the lights set so they ripple outward with every keystroke which I'll probably get sick of real quickly but right now it amuses me a little too much.

Also still looking for that thread title that appeals to me. Might end up going with this because why not

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Sorry our suggestions don't meet your caliber of quality.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Phantasium posted:

let me know how the hell that even works with touch controls

although i guess if it's an ipad you might have a controller or something, iunno.

lol

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

Sorry our suggestions don't meet your caliber of quality.

they just bought a keyboard, of course they wouldn't have Real Yakuza use a Gamepad

jerry seinfeld ouch.gif

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

why would you ever need any of these vp isn't even a difficult game

unless it's like that old ios phantasia bullshit where it just fucks up the game balance to make it necessary

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Phantasium posted:

they just bought a keyboard, of course they wouldn't have Real Yakuza use a Gamepad

Honestly that one is up there.

I don't mean to be down on y'all, just nothing has stuck out. I'll usually go by positive thread reaction, just not my own tastes but even then not much has stuck out (besides the Jojo one which is just a better pun than it is a game chat thread title).

Maybe I'm just in a mood though.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
VP is a very obtuse game and if I had played it before gamefaqs became a thing I probably would have thought that $8.50 for the prima guide was reasonable for it, assuming that's what "all-seeing and all-knowing" means

that said, just use gamefaqs or post here asking questions imo

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Colonel posted:

why would you ever need any of these vp isn't even a difficult game

unless it's like that old ios phantasia bullshit where it just fucks up the game balance to make it necessary

lol, phantasia iOS removed most of the game's save points and also got pulled in like a month.

glam rock hamhock posted:

Maybe I'm just in a mood though.

i don't think they were serious, but neither was i

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

cheetah7071 posted:

vp dating sim when

Got the bad ending (Mike Pence :sigh: )

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

you really shouldn't trust opinions unless you know their likes and dislikes well enough to form a coherent context and gauge it alongside your own tastes

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

VP is a very obtuse game and if I had played it before gamefaqs became a thing I probably would have thought that $8.50 for the prima guide was reasonable for it, assuming that's what "all-seeing and all-knowing" means

that said, just use gamefaqs or post here asking questions imo

All-seeing and all-knowing means you can watch all the cutscenes and listen to all the voice clips from the menu

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Speaking of things in their teens.

https://twitter.com/HBVideoGames/status/1024306726923919361

The Touch Generation Era was a weird time for gaming. But they still deserve to show up in Smash as much as any other software title.

Pls do not post my night routine, it is the secret of my power

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

All-seeing and all-knowing means you can watch all the cutscenes and listen to all the voice clips from the menu

lol

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Jay Rust posted:

Hahahhaahaha

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
It's August where I am OP

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

But there's no satisfactory name...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Still thinking about this Tweet
https://twitter.com/twheany/status/1022436148810006529

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

rear end posted:

It's August where I am OP
its always august somewhere

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Help Im Alive posted:

But there's no satisfactory name...

August Chat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxvfieTkARI

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That was February

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

All Gust Chat Thread, and every post has to be about atelier games

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

wonder where he got it from

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

homeless snail posted:

They've made other games!

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

homeless snail posted:

This is discriminatory towards me, who hasn't played any

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

chumbler posted:

They've made other games!
thats right you can talk about ar tonelico and mana khemia also

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

This is discriminatory towards me, who hasn't played any
its the perfect month, to play every atelier game

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I always get atelier mixed up with ar tonelico, despite the fact there's only like three of those games and like two dozen atelier games

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

homeless snail posted:

its the perfect month, to play every atelier game

Are they on the Switch

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Oh hey Resident Evil CVX for GC came in today, but it's gonna have to wait til I beat Dad of War, which I think I'm near the end of since I have everything I need to go and get all the dumb collectibles that I'm gonna get.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Are they on the Switch

One of them is

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Are they on the Switch
the most recent one is, yeah. its the third game in a trilogy but its fine as a starting point. I think they're talking about looping back around and doing the first two mysterious games on switch also? all of them from this point on will be on switch though, because its the new vita

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I’m rewatching the very first mission impossible movie and man how cool was the jankity rear end n64 game

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
happy birthday Harry Potter, the boy who lived

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

homeless snail posted:

the most recent one is, yeah. its the third game in a trilogy but its fine as a starting point. I think they're talking about looping back around and doing the first two mysterious games on switch also? all of them from this point on will be on switch though, because its the new vita

Should I throw it onto my Gamefly queue above Octopath Traveler? Or is this a goof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

glam rock hamhock posted:

I always get atelier mixed up with ar tonelico, despite the fact there's only like three of those games and like two dozen atelier games

atelier is the series where girls craft bombs, ar tonelico is the series where a guy apologized on stage at a fan event for having a bit in ar nosurge with a terminal that assumes the player is a dude because most of the audience were women and then from that point on everyone decided that terminal was now the lesbian terminal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Should I throw it onto my Gamefly queue above Octopath Traveler? Or is this a goof

atelier is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDpNIZOjaN8

hoping they rerelease the dusk games at some point too

• Locked thread