Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

X6 is better than X5 and X3. Low bar I know, but it's true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The stages in X6 (excluding Blaze Heatnix) at least generally tried to do something, which is more than can be said of X3.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

It's in the publishers' best interests that production costs remain high so that it increases the barriers to entry for competition and the likelihood that any fledgling studio will need to sign on with them for distribution.

I mean in principle steam was supposed to help with that, but well.

Publishers largely not wanting to put out smaller games also sucks because a lot of genres really only fit in that category and can't really be turned into 60 hour multimillion dollar projects, but the publishers have a lot of talented developers who could make quality small or mid budget games. Not to say indie devs aren't doing their best to fill the gap, but professional teams and budgets do make a difference. Speaking mostly of western developers here since Japan at least has more of a mid tier presence.

Basically what I'm saying is it sucks that no major companies are willing to make the types of games I like and have time for.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

Falling back into a Cities Skyline hole, maybe this time I will make a city that doesn't fall apart in on itself.

The fate of all of man's creations is collapse and decay.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Skypie posted:

So is No Mans Sky worth $30 in the Steam sale if I'm angling for a dumb "gently caress off in space" game as a way to zen out for an evening?

Subnautica is $20 and by most reports a better survival game if you aren't super attached to space.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

credburn posted:

Hey, I used to collect PEZ because I'm a pop culture nerd and I like all these little mascots. Lately, Funcopops (??) or whatever they're called are popping up all over the place, and I would be all over them except that there probably isn't an aesthetic I find more wretched than big stupid heads on little stupid bodies. At least the PEZ things looked like what they were trying to look up, sometimes, a lot of the time.

Anyway, I guess I wanted to know if there is some competing pop-culture mascot doodads that don't look like a tofu cube with eyes.

Nendos? Which are vastly superior.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

suuma posted:

We moved into our current (rental) house 14 months ago and still have poo poo we haven't unpacked.

We're just gonna move again, what's the point

I had stuff in boxes from moving for almost 4 years that I still never bothered to unpack until recently. It does kind of put into perspective how much stuff you have that you don't really need, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I will never understand how funkos are profitable.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

haveblue posted:

No, they’re hollow.

A true metaphor for consumption.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

al-azad posted:

You people must not have office jobs because Funko Pop figures line every cubicle, desk, and shelf. They're bumper stickers for the office: tell everyone in the workplace you like a thing they may or may not have heard of with this valueless tchotchke.

e: They are at least less offensive than bumper stickers. I would rather pass a million dead eyed dolls than another "abortion is murder" or a quote from historic racists.

Why would you ever advertise anything about yourself that you could be judged on, let alone doing it at work?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

homeless snail posted:

I was just about to buy battle chef brigade for the switch and now twitch is giving it away for free on PC... now I'm conflicted

Good games are worth paying for.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Looper posted:

glasses are insanely attractive, in this bespectacled goon's opinion

I often wish I had reason to wear my glasses, but they are really only for reading for long periods and make things blurry at distance. Also I need to get the frame adjusted and nose pads replaced because they are rock hard at this point.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

do what i do, accept your ugliness and be dead inside

Way ahead of you, buddy.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The only mirror a true gamer needs is Mirror's Edge.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I flew first class (domestic) once to see what it was like, and while the extra leg and shoulder room was nice, it was still flying. Maybe you get extra value if you eat or drink during the flight but I generally don't. Probably also way more worth it for international as well.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I don't get it, some couple sets up two passengers on an airplane and makes some big dumb twitter thread about it? That's it??

Well it kinda goes a little stalker-y and is an invasion of privacy from the start since I doubt they asked for consent, but on the scale of harm done it seems pretty low, though I didn't see if they took any identifiable pictures.

Mostly social media dumb.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lightning is good and my friend, and that was one of the better outfits.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Harrow posted:

I have been one win away from ranking up in Splatoon 2 for an hour. The only rational explanation for a losing streak this long is that I'm so amazingly bad at this game that it is impossible to compensate for me being on a team. I should change my name to "I'm Sorry" at this point.

I stopped trying to play competitive games when I realized I was the weak link.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Please stop engineering death traps for that poor girl.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Not even the best part of that quest.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

an actual dog posted:

this is what environmentalists want

They're right.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You should always be careful with your words so you don't catch foot-in-mouth disease.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If only we could go back to the days when twitter was a failing business and have somebody finish the job.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Watching someone playing through Yakuza, I find it increasingly difficult to believe Kazuma Kiryu has never killed anyone. But I suppose he's just that good.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I think they really went in the wrong direction giving everybody generic mech suit armor instead of gaudy sequined dresses and top hats.

Mech suit armor has plenty of ways it can be customized. The question is whether they'll do it. I like to be a pretty princess, but I also like to be a gundam.

If they sufficiently commit to the jet packs it might turn out okay, but looty shooty games kind of always have trouble with enemies just turning into boring bullet sponges so fun movement or some other gimmick has to compensate. It will also have to be seen how they walk the line of making the suits feel weighty but not sluggish.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Something annoying about Guild Wars 2 is that they're apparently allergic to making medium armor that isn't long coats. Though they don't even really make any armor any more.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Maybe mmos are just bad after all.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

This is such whiny bullshit. There's no law that mandates you need to have a twitter. Its literally entirely on you to run one. Furthermore, why the gently caress is she venting in a public space if she doesn't want anyone to actually respond to her? Just keep it to yourself and your close threads. Throwing this stuff out into the open and then complaining that people respond to it is baffling.

Social media has broken people's brains with regard to who they are actually talking to. See also the airplane couple story.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

an actual dog posted:

It’s kinda loving me up how many people are going all “well actually she shouldn’t have” about the woman who lost her job because of a mob of angry gamers

I think anet is pretty clearly in the wrong based on what's available. Social media just also tends to make people so dumb things (which does not remotely justify her being harassed or fired).

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That is the unfortunate reality of capitalist America. Your social media is monitored when you're in consideration for hiring and monitored while you're an employee. It's poo poo, and the only way out is a mass exodus from social media or legislative action that bars it from being valid (fat chance of that, particularly with at will employment).

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

If you work at the dicksucking factory like me they actually give you a commission every time you tell some jerk to suck a fat one.

That shows you're management material.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In Training posted:

It's a good confirmation that the gaming public writ large, on PC, absolutely loves free to play games with loot boxes

Maybe it's a sign that it's time to give up on video games and try to start having a life.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Were the 2d asscreed games set in China and India any good? I like that the series takes interesting historical settings but can't be bothered with all the bloat on them, and maybe the non-main line ones are better about that?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

Sad to admit I’m actually enjoying SAO: Fatal Bullet

Post your robot child.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Also birds are in lots of games and birds are dinosaurs

Everyone, do not accept the false narrative this person is peddling.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm glad the intro mission of Shadow Tactics is clear that you really should not feel any issues with killing the enemies instead of trying to go nonlethal.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm ready for Darksiders 3, but this seems soon considering that really bad alpha or whatever trailer doesn't seem that long ago. Hopefully they've made the combat less stiff than it looked then and the game is closer to Darksiders 1 than 2.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

They actually build mausoleums so they can recruit 2 liches per week.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

The time of mandatory Samus avs is soon upon us

A good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Shadow Tactics is fun, though I don't think I'm going to go for the various challenges.

• Locked thread