Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
He's probably talking about the other NieR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I'm playing the recent PC version of Final Fantasy IX and just realized Beatrix's breasts jiggle

Mak0rz posted:

Original PSX version did this too. Resolution was just too low to notice.
Sorry to break the illusion but they don't. The model's skeleton just has the one torso bone and that's it, no extra articulations for jiggling. What you're seeing is purely full-torso movement combined with the, uh, prominence of her mesh in that particular area and a zest of numerical imprecision in how animations are stored. All that combined with your wildest dreams, of course. So dream on!

Chev fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jul 13, 2018

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

FirstAidKite posted:

Now if only they had a similar mod to add Lani in, though I suspect that'd be much harder since she's only ever a boss fight and never a party member.
Yeah, it only works for Beatrix because she's already a temporary party member and thus has all the necessary data so it's just a matter of toggling the right flags. Lani would need actual content additions, which is pretty tricky with the way FF9's filesystem is set up.

Skypie posted:

I don't even remember who Lani is, but I haven't played FF9 in like 10 years so
She's the other half of Amarant's Team Rocket duo before he joins your crew.

Chev fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jul 13, 2018

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mak0rz posted:

I can't believe I'm arguing about this stupid poo poo but: yes they do. It's not physics obviously, it's just how her model was animated for certain actions.

Just play up to where she salutes the queen near the beginning on an emulator with high resolution and jitter correction and you'll see what I mean (it's how I first noticed it).
I first made a FF9 model viewer ten years ago (and archived the other two existing fully-featured ones) so I could look at all the raw models and animations in glorious jitter-free high precision and no they don't. Beatrix's model's skeleton simply doesn't have the bones necessary for her chest to jiggle, it's all just one piece for the whole torso. The jiggle is all in your head, the combination of the 10-bit angle format used in the animations (which jitter correction algorithms don't account for because they work post-transform), her general body language and your own desires.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
A discussion on breast bones is great entertainment all around.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'd never even heard of The Culling before today.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

cheetah7071 posted:

Bunch of Umineko spoilers
Add spoiler tags. You obviously know how that works since you're using them for the DR part.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
All this Umineko discussion reminds me that an extra episode got announced for this winter, along with the next When They Cry game. Dunno if that's been mentioned yet.

https://gematsu.com/2018/07/new-naku-koro-ni-title-and-umineko-no-naku-koro-ni-saku-announced

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Yeah, Umineko isn't fair about giving you enough clues to solidly support one explanation above others, and that's the point the story makes, although it's kinda defeated by some interviews where the writer gives definite explanations that couldn't be deduced from the given informations alone, like how a gun missing on a crime scene was tied to a weight and fell behind some furniture, with none of that mentioned in-game. If it's supposed to stay fuzzy don't give it away.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I remember that originally Quake was going to be a first-person fighting game. I wonder what video games would be like now if that had happened
Before that it was gonna be a side-scrolling action-RPG.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
I've been playing NieR:Automata for the last few days. Just got the final, final ending (route E), after 57 hours of play. What a ride it was.

And of course I chose to throw it all away so the power of universal friendship will forever prevail.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

In Training posted:

I could not find much rhyme or reason to Killer7 and i gave up playing it after maybe a few hours. its got a cool style but once it dropped its oblique environmental narrative design in the first level and then played that movie explaining what was going on I was put off by it.
It dropped nothing and that movie doesn't explain what is going on, it just vaguely pretends to.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Colonel posted:

technically, omikron is an isekai game

LawfulWaffle posted:

"Another World is a famous example of a rotoscoped isekai* game"

*isekai means Another World.
Isn't a key element of isekai that the protagonist possesses some kind of otaku skill useless in their original world that turns out to be all-powerful and/or extremely relevant and makes them a key player in the new one? I mean, you could vaguely make an argument for Omikron because the demons specifically target video game players and your skills as a player (no to mention patience for quantic dream second act derails and bad gameplay) will see you through the end as the chosen one but in Another World you're hopelessly outmatched throughout and nothing good ever happens to you.

Heart of Darkness would count though, with your treehouse-made laser gun is the most powerful weapon in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

FirstAidKite posted:

I think they had a design doc that got released to show what the original plan was, but I don't know if I'm remembering it correctly or not. Hopefully someone else who has a better grasp on this can clarify.
You got it all right.

• Locked thread