Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Can't wait to play Red Faction: Guerrilla Remastered this month. I loved the original and I hope the remaster has a lot of improvements to the graphics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

And it doesn't have the microtransactions or lootboxes that are responsible for the vast majority of money EA makes.

EA actually told shareholders that DLC, lootboxes, and microtransactions barely make them any money. The majority of their profit comes in straight game sales. EA can make all of their DLC free and it would change nothing for their bottom line.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

By the way Games chat thread,

I got married yesterday. :toot:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

One of the games I got in the summer Steam sale was Middle-Earth: Shadow of War and holy poo poo it is 107GB. :eyepop:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Thank you for the kind words everyone. :toot: Being married is pretty cool, but not a lot changes either. We bought a house and started living together earlier this year. Weddings are basically just bragging to a bunch of people that you love someone. :v: It was a great day though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished Crash Bandicoot 1 remaster this morning. Game is as hard as people say and is completely unfair most of the time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tonight I started a new campaign of XCom 2 War of the Chosen. I feel that this was a very good idea.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Supposedly this person was fired from their position as a narrator at ArenaNet on Guild Wars 2 for this tweet.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

The firings seem like bullshit and I'd give up Guild Wars 2 forever, if it didn't bore me to tears every time I've tried it since launch.

Yeah it's an easy decision to stop playing Guild Wars 2 because the game loving sucks anyways.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

6 years old on August 28. I've played it on and off, the game is continually supported and updated, but it honestly isn't that fun. Every time I try to play I just end up quitting after a few days and then come back a year later.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

14 years is an even longer time to be playing the same game, yes

This is crazy to me to think about but there are players who have had a subscription to WoW going non-stop since day 1 of the games official launch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BexGu posted:

Considering that Mike O’Brien said in a Guild Wars 2 forum post.

Anet takes it quit seriously about developers attacking their fan-base.

The thing is that neither of these employees attacked Anets whiny rear end community.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

al-azad posted:

my hot takeaways:

A) Don't vent in public to thousands of people. Smoke weed and watch anime.

B) Companies that fire over the smallest transgression show how disposable the workforce is and is more evidence for the unionization of labor and scrutiny of multi-million dollar companies who readily throw their employees under the bus but bury sexual harassment allegations especially against executives who hold all the power

C) If you like a video game so much you revolve your life around it, love the people who make it. If you're feeling upset smoke weed and watch anime.

D) Legalize weed

This has been a message from Internet Buddha.

Thankfully ArenaNet is located in Seattle, where weed is legal. So both employees can smoke a bowl today and take the stress off of not having a job.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mutata posted:

So a bug in the system let people pull real player numbers from Steam's API. This shows the number of people who have ever launched all games that have achievements. This is the closest thing we'll probably ever have to a broad view of overall Steam sales numbers:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/07/steam-data-leak-reveals-precise-player-count-for-thousands-of-games/

There's a link to a csv file with the whole list. Go find your favorites and marvel at how little they've sold!

Edit: Link to the file: http://www.arstechnica.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/games_achievements_players_2018-07-01.csv

Some of these top games are going to have skewed numbers as well due to free to play weekends or going free to play period. I wonder how these numbers match up to their console counterparts because I have a feeling they pale in comparison.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Playing the headstart of Defiance 2050, the game is dead. I have ran into no other players.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

oddium posted:

wowwwwwww

Cities: Skylines 6,132,366

Is this game really that good? I've never played it. How does it stack up to the SimCity series? SimCity 2000 holds a special place to my heart.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Love this! :eyepop:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Never even heard of this game despite having an original Xbox when it was the current gen. Saw that it's on Steam for $6 so I bought it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The free games with Amazon Prime have been awesome. For the first month they gave away Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun and I finished the game on there, but ended up buying it on Steam anyways because it was on sale and I loved the game a lot. I want to go back and play through it again if the developers can ever fix the obnoxious load times.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Colonel posted:

why did you buy it the combat system is terrible

I really have no idea. Just a pointless dumb appreciation for classic Xbox games I guess because they took up a large amount of my gaming time in high school.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War is out today. I am excited about any Warhammer 40,000 game. :black101: This game is a 4X turn based strategy title similar to Civilization but without the pointless diplomacy that never works right or makes sense.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/1017052031184297986

It's been fun bringing this up with people getting lovely w/r/t the arenanet thing and seeing them immediately 180 and then get mad when I call them on it

thanks kamiya

So basically it's totally cool and hilarious for a man to poo poo all over his employers customers, but when I woman shows even a little bit of frustration on her personal Twitter account, that is justified grounds to harass and fire her from her job.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MMF Freeway posted:

I still have no clue why they fired the other guy. Like I can understand their twisted logic with Price cuz she said a naughty word to an ~influencer~ but the other guy did literally nothing objectionable.

The thing with said influencer is that he is a nobody with 7k subscribers on only Youtube. He is completely irrelevant.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Price is a pretty cool person from what i've gathered, and a good writer. The story in Guild Wars 2 is awesome, and that was entirely her work at ArenaNet was writing, approving work by her peers, and leading team meetings on where to take the direction of the GW2 story. Not playing GW2 ever again over Anets decision to fire two of their employees. The whole thing reeks of sexism and lovely corporate behavior. I honestly think Price is innocent in all of this and didn't deserve the treatment she got.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is good. UBISoft and Rainbow Six Siege both own.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is this a record for a game?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

asterioth posted:

So someone found out why the ai in aliens colonial marines was poo poo, a single spelling error in the ai code.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/aliens-colonial-marines-ai-fixed-by-a-single-letter.55247/

I was thinking about this game the other day because Steam keeps recommending I buy it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yesterday for my Nintendo Switch I bought Octopath Traveler, Atelier, and Shining Resonance Refrain.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

That's a lot of JRPG

I know but I hadn't bought any Switch games lately and my Switch was being ignored.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It is going to be 91 degrees today. I'm gonna just stay on the couch by a open window with a fan blowing on my face and play video games. It's too hot to do anything else.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

All games should end with a parade over the credits.

Warcraft III was the first time I saw this and it was the best thing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

doingitwrong posted:

Since the Switch in handheld mode doesn’t seem to need to run the fan, I have discovered another benefit of that console over my glorified space heaters that run games too.

I think it depends on the game but also the fan is pretty quiet too. When I am playing Disgaea 5, or Splatoon 2, the fan is for sure running in handheld mode.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

New update for Middle-Earth: Shadow of War is out today that completely removes the micro transactions https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/07/17/middle-earth-shadow-of-war-one-update-to-rule-them-all-out-today/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I appreciate all of these PSX screenshots.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am really looking forward to Monster Hunter World on PC, just a couple more weeks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I feel like GoG was clearly ignorant of the GamerGate connection. They deleted the tweet and made a sincere apology. That is good enough. GG is absolutely a hate group, one that specifically targets women in the game industry with harassment and violence. Postal 2 really should under no circumstances be given attention. It's a horrible game and it's use of racism and bigotry as satire is gross and not at all funny.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

occamsnailfile posted:

Is Captain Toad on the Switch that much better than the WiiU version? I know it has co-op but with my friend group I'm unlikely to be able to take advantage of that.

It's better on account of not being on the Wii U.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Legolas would be an archer, just IMO sorry if that's controversial

What really bothered me about Legolas in the movie is that in the book he is a elf redneck. I would rather have seen that in the films because it would be funny to me. Instead Gimli is the comic relief for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Started on the Darkest Dungeon tonight and I am enjoying this RPG.

• Locked thread