Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Fianlly No Man's Sky comes to the 'bone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The Colonel posted:

good third party aaa titles are mostly dead and most big third party western publishers don't see making a greater number of cheaper games as an alternative worth bothering with despite it being something other corners of the market have found plenty of success doing

so now we have the new beyond good & evil 2, a game distinguishing itself from the original beyond good & evil and the original scrapped bge2 by being nothing anyone who liked bge1 wanted from bge2

Have they even shown anything about that game aside from the gently caress-monkey trailer? Like, do we know what the game is actually going to be?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Those Funkopops with the cereal look small enough to be a choking hazard, does that count

Also I wonder how that cereal falls under the terms of this contract, do you subtract the value of the food or
https://twitter.com/juchemane/status/954058032039768064?lang=en

Is it just me or is this contract so permissive it seems more or less meaningless? I guess the purchase is where most of the "fun" is so once that's over there's not much left but to buy more.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Playing the headstart of Defiance 2050, the game is dead. I have ran into no other players.

I had no idea this even existed until reading your post so it's not really surprising.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

suuma posted:

Hi goons, I spent no money during the Steam sale and it feels weird

Same. I've decided not to buy anything on steam anymore now that they've openly stated their dedication to being poo poo.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Samuringa posted:

3 must be a crime against humanity then because I have 4 and it is garbage

WotS is a game concept I want to like but whenever I've tried it the actual gameplay has been just utterly dismal.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Raxivace posted:

The Yiga Hideout in Breath of the Wild isn't the worst stealth section I've ever seen in a game, but man its trying hard to be.

It wouldn't be a Zelda game without an awful stealth section. I'm glad I beat the bird robot dungeon before that area.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

haveblue posted:

Hey, remember Darksiders 3?

Anyone?

Well, it's coming out November 27.

Yeah, I thought the franchise was dead but I got an email today asking me to preorder it (lol yeah right). Kind of excited because I liked the first two, although I hope they seriously tone down the loot in this one.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

My problem with the Xenoblade 2 combat system is that I felt like I had "solved" it about 3/5s of the way through the game and after that nearly every fight felt more or less identical.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I recommend Tales of the Abyss because it taught me that it's OK to kill people.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

Idk what it is but I just do not like the art style of danganronpa. Like, it's not that I think it's bad or anything, but idk... I just don't like it

I looked into it because I heard the game was kind of like Phoenix Wright but I found the character design and art style pretty direly unappealing. Then years later I heard about the actual premise of the games which is possibly even more unappealing. Ick.

Jay Rust posted:

Have you ever run late during the first week of college or university and stepped into the wrong class? And it takes you ten minutes to fully realize it, since the content of the lecture could possibly be related to the class you should be in, until it becomes clear that what the professor is talking about isn’t just some random tangent he or she got on moments before you stepped in, but is instead wholly what the lecture is about?

I had exactly that experience on my first day of college. It's pretty embarrassing.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

oddium posted:

also a recent one for persona 5: real igor and real igor voice :swoon:

This was a pretty great twist. Once it happened it seemed super obvious but I somehow didn't see it coming at all. Taking 60-70 hours to get there may have had something to do with that.

I think that's also why the twist in MGSV works. They do straight up tell you but then the game pretty much just ignores it for dozens of hours so I'd forgotten by the time of the reveal.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

an actual dog posted:

I'm still angry about this

I'm having a hard time coming up with surprise genre that would be less welcome than RTS. Like, schmup, shooter, dating sim, text adventure, whatever, I can get throught it. No one but an RTS player actually wants to play an RTS, though.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

As a huge Nintendo fan who couldn't care less about Crash Bandicoot as a franchise I still think Crash Team Racing is the best mascot kart racer ever made.

al-azad posted:

The problem with Brutal Legend isn't the RTS, it's that the game didn't communicate it's not an RTS. It's a MOBA. You are more powerful than any single unit, units become more powerful when they're around you, and your job is to distract other units so your guys destroy towers.

I tried playing it this way but I found I did a lot better when I treated it as a straight RTS :shrug:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I just started the FFXII remake and the opening segment is extremely Phantom Menace. Also what did they do to Vaan's abs? He looks almost human now. At least they didn't touch his beady little eyes.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

univbee posted:

From forever ago but...kinda? The PS4/XB1 generation looks better graphically but isn't all that much of a leap from the PS3/360, really, and other than Hitman I think almost all games could have been backported to PS3/360 if there was demand and a set mind to do so, especially when you consider that games like GTA 5 and Metal Gear Solid V and Destiny were on those consoles just fine. Likewise, whatever the next generation is going to look like, is a game on those running at 4K30 really going to be completely impossible to run at 900p30 on the PS4/XB1? Or be a meaningful upgrade if you don't have a 4K TV?

It's definitely getting weird where a bunch of genres or sort of plateauing at different points, like how visual novels mostly hit their stride on DS and PSP, and at least the game portion of Street Fighter V is effectively no different from what the Dreamcast was doing with Third Strike and Soul Calibur 2 and the like.

I don't know if I'd even say it's less of the leap, but the impact of the leap is definitely a lot lower. I think the N64/PSX->PS2 gen was the last one where the visual improvement felt like a difference of kind rather than degree. For me personally anyway. I sure don't get excited about new consoles anymore, at any rate. Just more crap I gotta buy if I want to play platform exclusive games.

Harrow posted:

Yeah, my fear of needles went away basically via immersion therapy.

Same, I used to get a pretty bad vasovagal reaction from even the tiniest of needles but after I started donating blood regularly it's just something I find mildly unpleasant.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jul 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

I played pretty much all the old nintendo games I cared to play when I was a teenager with no income so I guess rom sites sucking now doesn't affect me personally but I feel bad for all of today's teenagers with no income

emuparadise being the good one was a loving trip though, I remember when it was a barely-disguised malware site that technically had roms but only if you navigated the minefield of bad links

I downloaded a buttload of SNES ROMs back when you could actually buy new SNES games at a Toys'R'Us or whatever. I had to because I had blown all the money I had saved for a year on Donkey Kong Country 3.

• Locked thread