Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Julius CSAR posted:

what a fuckin' cock sucker

Hey! A lot of us work hard at a cock sucking factory and we'd thank you not to associate us with him. OK thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Len posted:

Mines in the same boat. I make an almost living wage and she makes sub $9/hr. We crunched the numbers on just getting courthouse married to get her insurance but if we did my insurance cost goes from 109/pay to something ridiculous like $350

She makes too much to qualify for Medicaid though so she's hosed either way.

"Sorry hunny, I won't pay $350 for you, youre hosed."

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

Is it telling that I have no idea what J could be used for

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

Eat jellyfish, trust me, you'll feel like you're eating something that should be worth a small fortune at a michelin star restaurant

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

Stexils posted:

multiple cities are currently facing crises of unaffordable rent and housing due to rich people squatting on overpriced apartments and farming is hugely subsidized by the government for stability and to keep prices low

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I dont get why the probation?

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

ALL GENDERS MATTER

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Before & After

That was nice of that transwoman to detransition. I wonder why no transmen exist?

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

T-man posted:

Pro tip: work for an old hippie custodian who has the working class kind of class consciousness. He'll call you a tranny and use racial slurs daily, but he also has stories about the army and doesn't care if your 30 minute lunch is an hour and a half long every day for five years. The entire housekeeping team spent the last few days playing blackjack and watching movies. Plus all the custodians are super nice and there's monthly potlucks where an filipino grandma talks about how glad she is to see you. Plus they fire sex pests.

Downsides: aforementioned angry old white guy, busy days are as terrible and grueling as every other housekeeping job, it's only for three months a year and you work with me.

gently caress that I would never put up with being called tranny on a daily basis no matter how much I "liked" my job, that will inevitably wear thin

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

How it all started:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wH878t78bw

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

T-man posted:

Minority identities happens different to rich and poor. I am trans in a really, really different way than Caitlyn Jenner, because in all likelihood I'll never have surgery, hand made flattering clothing, and a team of makeup people. I get medicaid estrogen, thrift store skirts and drugstore makeup put on by myself. We're both transgender since we both ID as a different gender than the one we were assigned at birth, but the experience of having access to power and resources matters. I have no doubt that most people she talks to call her madam, since most of the people she will meet work for her and could/would get canned -- whereas most of the people I meet in a day are the customers (who think I work for them.) It's an entirely different world to interact with on the bougies.

She'll probably still get shat on as much as any of us poor trans women should that money and power go away, but the only way anyone has that much money is exploiting others for however long she hasn't actually done work. Rich people are rich first, at least as far as their wallets count, since anyone who isn't doesn't get rich. The same thing applies to anyone with power, or anyone who thinks they're gonna get that power any day now.

If you don't mind government cheese, thanks to Obama you can get your surgery now on Medicaid. You just need a PCP to deem it medically necessary and a therapist letter.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

T-man posted:

Back when I did care coordination for trans patients my job was 99% telling insurance that they're breaking the law on coverage and the rest was begging surgeons to take medicaid. Single payer would be so god drat easier and faster and cheaper and we're never going to have it.

Wait, you did care coordination for trans people and you still couldn't get your grs covered??? WTF is this horseshit

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

T-man posted:

I know this is hard to understand but we don't loving want straight people at the gay bar because ya'll as a group:

-Have literally every non gay bar
-misgender us, use slurs, don't understand basic shared concepts
-do "funny" sexual assault (see above)
-Still do gay and trans panic poo poo on the regular if we try to flirt or just exist near you
-constantly make things about you
-don't respect the safety of the space (outing people you see here, ask lovely questions and get offended if people tell you not to, talk about triggering things)
-try to flirt with people not into your gender ("oh your a lesbain, tri this dick!!" is poo poo people say)

And look, the community has members that act like that too, lovely people and such. And maybe you think you're "one of the good ones" and you never do anything like this. But the spaces aren't for you and frankly they have a long history of reasons to not want you there. We didn't see straight people in there when being found in a gay bar got you arrested. Drag wasn't a loving TV show when crossdressing or dressing in gender affirming clothes would ruin your life if it got out.

If you're invited, if it's some kind of reach out event, sure. That's us reaching out to you, and making a space where everyone knows the space isn't queer exclusively. If you're questioning your own gender/sexuality I'd suggest looking for something more befitting (local groups, online questioning forums, even SA if you're comfortable doing so) but if the bar's the only place it's there for you too. But if you just want to get drunk and yell slurs at every non passing person, or if you've created some kind of savior complex :getout:

Tman, you don't have to "fight the good fight" on SA, you don't have to stand up for gay bars, you're always going to find people who dislike other people and here in the little corner of the internet called something awful isn't going to make the largest impactful change. If I was in a similar position, it would frustrate me. Actually I should know, people dog pile me wherever I go, but don't end up like me, okay? Go out and be the best you you can possibly be and seek out happiness wherever you go. It's impossible to receive validation here.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I think I'm starting to get why chuds want cspam closed.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

That show was pretty funny.

Get Smart the cone of silence! I loved it as a kid!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

Fiddle Dee Dee. Maybe if we ask nicely they will be nicer.