Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Getting rid of that divider has been one of the innovations with which Uber has disrupted not just the taxi market, but also public health!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Forceholy posted:

I've seen video on Twitter that Didi drivers (Chinese Uber) are taping plastic sheets on their seats to seperated themselves from clients.

Clearly these innovators are now disrupting Didi. Disrupters within disrupters, we're going to reach a disruption singularity soon.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Guy Fieri is a decent human being who looks like a douche.

All the other chefs are monsters who try to look like decent human beings.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

World War Mammories posted:

they’ll still have the money to bribe the poo poo out of lawmakers op

Americans have been buying a lot of guns and the Hamptons are not a defensible position though.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

PhilippAchtel posted:

Unfortunately, there are systemic forces that prevent the pawns from attacking the ruling class that stands behind them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztc7o0NzFrE

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

So I hear y'all are setting up an emergency COVID hospital in Central Park.

This isn't how we wanted people to die in Central Park. You're doing it wrong.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Zuckerberg net worth 55 billion.

Gates net worth 99 billion.

25 million of 154 billion = 0,016%

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

That sounds like a great way to die in a fire.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Modest Mao posted:

edit2: like we're a little over 12 million now - it was 3.2 and we added 3.3 last week and 6.6 this week...

3.2+3.3+6.6 = 13.1 btw.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Look at these poor farmers just forced to waste perfectly good food.

Forced I say, while stepping over a destitute beggar.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Yeah the odds of rolling a 3 are negligible unless your flanks are exposed then it's a goddamn certainty.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Shame Boy posted:

Oh it's not even a soup kitchen like I thought, it's a charity that represents the concept of donating to soup kitchens, great.

Look buddy, you can only spend money to actually help people once. But you can pump it around to make it look like you're helping people infinite times. I think it's clear what represents the greatest value proposition here.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Breakfast All Day posted:

remember folks, death threats are totally ok and normal if youre an elected representative threatening your constituents!

You just have to make sure you don't threaten any specific individuals, and don't imply that you'd be causing any of the harm. So for example, you can totally wish something awful and unfortunate were to happen to a percentage of otherwise unspecified Indiana state legislators. I mean, not because that'd be good, but it'd be the lesser evil, obviously.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Shame Boy posted:

I thought the way it worked according to Facebook was you have to add more than one qualifier, so "Bad things should happen to Indiana state legislators who also own one or more cars".

Oh ok, then let's say white and/or male Indiana State legislators.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

If I ever get to operate a guillotine and start having doubts, these will be the articles that will let me steel my resolve and do what needs doing.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Hodgepodge posted:

diversifying income streams to remain solvent in a crisis is just basic business, maybe they need a course in financial literacy

You mean picking up activities unrelated to your core business? What are you, some kind of Asian conglomerate? Here in the anglosphere we call that inefficient, send a VC fund to buy up your company, load it up to the gills in debt, split off all the divisions into their own companies and float them back on the market for some sucker to buy. That's freedom, bitch.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

How the gently caress are there memes about broccoli being bad? Broccoli owns.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Platystemon posted:

Even if we ignore the premise of female servitude, why is it necessary to know all six ways? Is she marrying six men?

You don't know in advance which way your man will like, and if you ain't ready to serve yo man to his wishes from the get go, what use is your life really?

What I'm saying is, ignoring the premise of female servitude is the only way you could have that question.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

V. Illych L. posted:

i very much appreciate pamela anderson's transformation into dissident intellectual, it's great

Comrades Britney and Pamela sure is a twist 90s me didn't see coming.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Ziv Zulander posted:

they could be doing a lot more, I’ll give them that much

I think they've done quite enough, actually.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

T-man posted:

me looking for a capitalist company who are aligned w/ my beliefs:

Have you considered a career as a professional protester?

Also, RE: Kelloggs:

quote:

John Harvey Kellogg, of Kellogg cereal fame, organized the Race Betterment Foundation in 1911 and established a “pedigree registry.” The foundation hosted national conferences on eugenics in 1914, 1915 and 1928.

Orange Devil has issued a correction as of 00:15 on Jun 24, 2020

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

The US would be a better country if Hoover had been hanged by a mob.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Peanut President posted:

I guess you just want that starving child to not have a job now? Monstrous.

Literally an argument I heard from a professor in a Business Ethics university course. Oh wait no, it was "do you want that child to have to turn to child prostitution?".

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Inceltown posted:

This conveniently skips the part where people in state housing have been locked in the apartment buildings with no notice and are not even being given food. Yes, they're mostly brown people, why do you ask?

Australia doing something wildly racist? Well I never...

If it wasn't so horrifying it'd be hilarious.

Orange Devil has issued a correction as of 12:14 on Jul 7, 2020

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Peanut President posted:

your first mistake was taking a business ethics course

It was mandatory.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Frog Act posted:

I was lucky enough to take history classes with a lot of professors I really liked during my BA/MA and basically none of them were actually explicitly Marxist, at best they were some tepid flavor of socdem. except the dude who supervised my thesis and I still try to see often (went to a conference w him in February), who encouraged me to focus on Marxist theory for my thesis and has some cranky old man views but still basically believes in killing the rich and redistributing wealth

Marxism is really very uncommon on campuses, I developed a reputation with my seminar cohort for being the only actual communist in the program compared to several neo-confederate scumfucks and oodles of generic privileged liberals. still friends with most of them and they’re being heavily radicalized by current events at least

Stop being friends with radicalizing neo-confederates op

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

I like how a lot of the "Italian hospitals corrupted by mafia influences" reads exactly like "US healthcare system functioning as intended".

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

at least hoover hosed al capone the gently caress up, who was a billionaire at the time

Gangsters are usually not happy with competition, yes.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

^^^
Would you describe this kid as terminally online?

Slotducks posted:

The tailored internet experience where the algorithm just continually repeats the same poo poo to you is exactly how you get Jordan Peterson fans and your boomer parents to suddenly believe everything they've seen on youtube. No matter how dumb.

I remember before the algorithm you'd regularly stumble onto interesting stuff at random.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Shame Boy posted:

A teacher I knew had a story about not wearing her seatbelt and getting thrown through the windshield in a like 10mph crash that I like to tell people, cuz a lot of people don't realize that even otherwise inconsequential crashes at very low speeds involve a lot of goddamn inertia that can seriously gently caress you up. Plus you're now no longer anywhere near able to control the car, where if you were wearing a seatbelt you very well might still be able to at least do something, so your car could keep going onto the sidewalk or into oncoming traffic and kill other people too :thumbsup:

If you're going fast enough when being ejected you have now yourself turned into a lethal projectile :thumbsup:

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Look we found a way for paralyzed people to still be useful by producing surplus value for someone else to appropriate rather than being useless sacks of human waste because their labour produces no profits for their betters! #mademesmile

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

A lot of good poo poo in this thread lately.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Shugojin posted:

well I mean

this is also just something the republican party has been doing to the post office for years

Set fire to a government service and then use it as proof for your ideological position that government never works.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

The Oldest Man posted:

God yes I can't wait for the advertising machine to ramp this poo poo up and convince everyone that flying to Aruba is healing the loving environment somehow (DON'T ASK QUESTIONS)

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/27/travel/travel-future-coronavirus-sustainable.html

Imagine being a professor and not understanding travel emissions and their effects on the environment in the year 2020.

Oh he gets paid to not understand this you say?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

grate deceiver posted:

What if I take physical pauses by opening my work laptop in the morning and then doing fuckall for the entire day and playing biddyagames.

Pro level strat imo

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Shame Boy posted:

10% of "sales revenue" sounds like some hollywood accounting bullshit but ok.

Also lmao at the dude stanning for Quantic Dream. Y'know, it's totally normal like Quantic Dream, the place run by a piss fetishist who single-handedly ensured that Ellen Page will never ever be in another video game.

No the Hollywood scam specifically is giving you points on the profit rather than the revenue, then using accounting tricks such as claiming the entire production costs of a movie whose trailer is shown previous to the actual loving movie in question as expenses on the actual movie, thus reducing accounting profits to 0 and leaving you with jack poo poo. The way around it is to take points on the gross revenue, which is what Keanu Reeves did with The Matrix and became the best paid actor off of.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Zzulu posted:

If you don't allow the kids to work, then how are they gonna get money to live?

you moron

you imbecile

What we need is more child labour

I see you took my actual literal Business Ethics uni class.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Dreylad posted:

can we execute a brand? unsure but willing to find out

Corporations can be liquidated.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

R. Mute posted:

the thing a lot of these companies do is 'ordinary thing but online and circumventing labour laws' if they even get to that stage. most are just elaborate grifts

Never underestimate how much money you can make circumventing labour laws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

I vote we call construction workers (not the companies they work for) Housing Providers.