Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Eat This Glob posted:

what the gently caress? they pissed the future the jetsons promised never materialized and they tried to grab as much of that promise as they could? poo poo breaks my brain.

i got angry when my spouse bought an Alexa to turn on the living room light, which was a lamp, next to the couch we both sat on.

at least itd play the Soviet anthem when I asked it to. It refused my request to play the internationale though, repeatedly

:sever:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
there must be a YouTube viewer app that lets parents do just that. if not it seems like a missed opportunity

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
what is a post but an unsolicited opinion

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
now instead of cracking our teeth we get to eat filet mignon à la microplastics

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
it's not personal but those loving writers think they're the center of the universe

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
go to the library, or hell, don’t even leave your house, just get a library card online and check out the ebook.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
roll a d20 to see if your upper middle class boomer parents die suddenly or if their life savings are extracted by a retirement home

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
just buy a cheap piece of poo poo tv. I bought my sceptre brand hdtv like a year ago for idk $300 and it thinks it's the year 1980 and doesn't know what the internet is. works great.

also, there were no awful picture smoothing ai whatever settings to turn off. All it knows how to do is show video as it was sent. the sound is awful but easy rectified with a soundbar and with that hdmi-arc poo poo the tv and volume can be controlled with the same remote.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
irl jet set radio enemy

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Surely you can take control of it by simply logging into the unprotected Dog Wifi, connecting to 192.168.0.1, and typing admin/admin on the login page

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

tokin opposition posted:

It's because we live in a city, go out to a no-name suburb like Vancouver and all the targets are white people Mecca again

bellevue is 4 blocks of “downtown” high rises surrounded by affluent suburbia, it’s where people march around holding landlord lives matter signs. you’d think they’d keep the target looking nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
you can extend the fridge life of your produce a lot if you know proper storage methods. some veggies like to be airtight in jars, maybe with a bit of paper towel to wick up moisture, others like to be wrapped loosely in foil to breathe, and so on