Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

liberalism.... heh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Ok for real I don’t get why people talk about Greenwald so much, is it just cause he’s kinda famous and provocative or what? He comes up all the time and I just don’t get it

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

The tweet was right, god drat

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Whaaaat lol

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

oh well.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

warren and sanders will take votes from each other, but then all the moderates will be splitting votes too. it's going to be insane

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

thats our hillary

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Yeah anyone who thinks she’s going to be significantly out of line with the progressive house dems on foreign policy is going to be disappointed. That’s just the way it is

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Rated PG-34 posted:

im more of the view that israel is just another arm of american foreign policy

it’s a twisted hosed up symbiosis

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

It’s gonna be a huge challenge to elect anyone with actually decent foreign policy to any prominent position in this country. Just thinking about it is exhausting and depressing

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

The hunger games has pretty decent ideology no?

This will be my last post about YA lit ever I promise

Mia Wasikowska fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 16, 2018

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

It’s more that the people who rise to the top of the party are selected in such a way over the course of their careers that they don’t need to be explicitly controlled

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

Why do I suddenly have an inkling that they've got Trump/Putin dead to rights already and are withholding the information to make the skeptics look foolish

Lol

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

we live in the zone now

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Zyla posted:

democant's

true

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

WampaLord posted:

Hashtagged soldiers carry hashtagged weapons, use hashtagged gear.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Fleetwood posted:

the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future the way of the future

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I turned it on and she was talking about Russia snooooooz

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

It’s kinda blowing my mind that she ran for president, I forgot all about her speaking style

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

It’s kinda cool how she gives less of a gently caress but she also still has some awkward lingering political mannerisms like the bad hand gestures.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

democracy now was pretty cool back in the day no? i havent listened to the radio in forever

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

hillary and biden both tearing each other to pieces over is probably the best case scenario for the primary, although it doesn't seem very likely to me??? it would be cool as hell though

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

would also make the 'he's too old' thing people use against bernie seem more ridiculous if hillary and biden are both running

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

it would also be funny to see the younger moderates try to use age as a defining thing, like gillibrand or harris or whoever is trying to stand out

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

so the russia thing, I think basically is like this:

trump, bannon, and the far right of the gop (so, the vast majority of the party) are attracted to russia's right wing ideology, and to putin as a strongman figure, and it makes perfect sense for them to prefer closeness with russia at the expense of western europe on this basis alone. how many of them secretly or openly want a far right dictatorship, in this country?

I think there is a kind of blindness to this among liberals who are still head-in-the-sand end-of-history types. also I think people don't like to view trump as being smart enough to actually have a conscious ideology, but he does, at least on this.

it's also entirely possible putin has something on trump and if he does i hope we get to see it!!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Jazerus posted:

yeah the thing nobody but cspam seems to understand is that trump is not a rich man. trump is a dude who is expected to be rich because he was born that way, but he actually squandered every single penny of his inheritance. however because he's expected to be rich he is an ideal vehicle for money laundering because literally everyone expects rich white american dudes to be doing shady stuff with their cash. he does not have any legitimate assets at all (except apprentice-derived money, i suppose) and hasn't for like 25 years, he is a cut-out for the russian mob

I don't disagree with any of this, but I'm not under the impression that Trump's many creditors are particularly especially Russian? Like, I think some of them are Russian, some of them are from other countries, right?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

yeah I've definitely heard about the property-as-laundering thing before, if I'm not mistaken the Kushners have some of that going on too?

and I had heard something like $200 mil or so that russians have spent on trump properties, is that about right?

anyway sorry I guess this is off topic, I actually try to follow the d&d russia thread but that thing has become impossible

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

and yeah I guess what I meant originally was that the actual shift in position for the republican party is more interesting than the facts of the case, at least to me, and it makes all the sense in the world ideologically

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Modus Pwnens posted:

I support checks from the government and balances in my bank account

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

its also probably time to stop using "economically liberal" in that way, but that will probably be slow going

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

right wing dems are the worst people on earth. james comey, like, jared kushner, michael bloomberg.... hell.. donald trump!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

MaxxBot posted:

Please provide a home for the poor neocon political refugees who just want to turn the entire mideast into a sheet of glass

jeb!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

rip vilerat

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

its definitely going to be an extremely hosed up primary

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1014674093520678912

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Jesus lol

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

should feminists not study homeless people? i'm gonna wait for jordan peterson's take

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

comedyblissoption posted:

here's a pretty succ segment of maddow from a single one of her shows going full mccarthyist and going apoplectic over the "soviet empire" and "the second of the twentieth century's great evils: COMMUNISM" :byodame:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0krkHRBaVI&t=16s

i couldn't find where the original clip came from

http://youtubedoubler.com/p7Iq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Office Pig posted:

https://twitter.com/People4Bernie/status/1027063180067930112
for some good or at the very least above average news tonight

that seems like a bigger deal than some rear end in a top hat in ohio no one likes