Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
oh poo poo well gently caress

i guess there's a new thread

bernie woulda won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Nikita Khrushchev posted:

seven percent hahahahahahaha

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Yinlock posted:

the most important thing is defeating trump, but only if a centrist is doing it

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

i think i've only gotten halfway through it

the old as gently caress lady singing weakly "cause i still got a lot of fight left in me" does me in every time

Same.

I’m happy this is what the Hillary campaign boiled down to.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lastgirl posted:

you know what else is politically untenable

thats right

hillary clinton

shillary kkkkkkkkkkklintonn

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

It's not her job to educate you :rolleyes:

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

basic hitler posted:

i haven't seen any evidence that new york city is anything but a floating trash pile full of malevolent broken yankees

It’s sucks only because there’s rich white people here and they want to live insular lives

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

nah posted:

Candidates that appeal to you, huh?

Listen up buttercup....at some point you need to understand that the world doesn't give a gently caress about you. It's sad to watch a young person leave their parent's house for the first time, a place where people are invested in their happiness and well-being, in exchange for the real world, where no one gives a gently caress if they live or die.

But I am so tired of hearing "I need perfect candidates, ones that literally appeal to me on every level, and I need flashy and inspiring campaigns that appeal to me emotionally, and i need it to be super easy to register and vote, like...i want to do it from my couch. Oh, and a candidate has to be able read my mind and shift their opinions and rhetoric to match my changing mood. And if they don't THEN I WON'T VOTE AND IT WILL BE THERE FAULT BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T APPEAL TO ME!"

So like, don't vote all you want. Enjoy. I am an upper middle class, middle aged person. If republicans win, I will be disappointed. But I won't be screwed.

You know who will be screwed? You. You and your whiny little brethren. Who don't find it "appealing" to vote for a political party that wants to keep the air you breathe clean for the next 80 years. Or the water you drink. Or want you to not go bankrupt over medical bills or student loans. Or who want your gay and black and muslim and latino friends to not face systemic oppression.

You don't find it "appealing" to vote for the above things. Fine! Sounds great. But stop blaming everyone over the age of 30 for any hardship you face. You deserve all the bad things republicans do to you...because you are lazy and stupid and voting to save your own skin isn't "appealing".

You just have to have everything loving handed to you, don't you?

You know how to get Democrats to run candidates that "appeal" to you? Join the loving party and vote in the loving primaries. Then you can get candidates that appeal to you. There are hundreds of candidates that would probably tickle your balls..but they don't run or they get curb stomped because you never show up to vote for them.

Nah

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Nothus posted:

They're going to ratfuck Bernie and Trump is going to be reelected. Nothing else matters.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Ytlaya posted:

I can see it now. The D&D arguments of the future will involve the liberals arguing that lovely pseudo-MfA was the best thing possible, and that you're a terrible person if you speak poorly about the bill that helped some non-zero number of people.

you're racist for daring to suggest that we could have aimed for anything higher than means-tested, watered-down, pseudo m4a

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Well the public should be compensated for the sins of the industry by the executives heads.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Shear Modulus posted:

dems are a fuckin waste

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

etalian posted:

Obama only shows up from billionaire island to give smug unsolicited advice like how millenials are lazy and should alsos trust the democrats.

Imagine if Obozo had done a single progressive thing

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Just lol

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Owned

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

No! don't TAKE THE BAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Party Plane Jones posted:

do people actually care what the NYT food writers think beyond recipes and maybe restaurant reviews?

just more proof libs suck rear end, that's always a good thing imo

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

America is doomed lmao

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

WampaLord posted:

They are gonna hate that idea, all they want is a safe space from leftists criticizing Dems.

It is literally centrist_groupthink.txt. PPJ did a great job making it that way.

PPJ is such a terrible waste.

His “posting style” is just gathering 30 or so tweets in a list format (that he thinks are relevant) and then just dumping them.

Sometimes if it’s a day where chuds are tired of winning he’ll make the last tweet some loving PUPPERINO DOGGO CUTE TWITTER to make the white people feel better

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I loving hate PPJ and the rest of the piece of poo poo centrist professional libtards that post in the DnD trump thread

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Nice meltdown bitch :smuggo:

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Prester Jane posted:

The Trump thread at present is basically a case study in how white fragility is not just a problem that impacts the right...

Solaris 2.0 posted:

I get defensive because this whole forum constantly raves about how much they suck, but never explains why. It’s just a knee jerk “they are former establishment dems and dems bad” bullshit.

They campaign for, profile, and support leftist dems such as Abrams, AOC, Betty O’rouke, Gillum, etc

They push hard for Medicare 4 all, Unions, Immigrant rights, minimum wage, investigating wall-street, women’s and LBGT rights, etc

They call out “Decorum” bs from the likes of Flake, Schumer, Grasse, etc.

They run campaigns to register voters, raise money for local leftist candidates, profile people / events such as the March for Our Lives, Women’s March, ect

They also have POC as co-hosts often because they realize they are a bunch of white dudes with privilege

But none of this is good enough for D&D because their UN/PW isn’t nsf01/smashthestate and it’s dumb as hell. I’m not saying they are perfect but the hatred they generate on this forum you’d think they were peddling Alex Jones conspiracy’s or sucking up to CNN.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
This thread is good, it’s a shame ZDR felt threatened by it so he renamed it the succ zone in order to give it some kind of stigma for being so mean to the lovely Democrats

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
"Decorum" bs

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

sword_man.gif posted:

i assumed that's the only reason people wnated to be a dnd mod in the first place

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Joseance posted:

Robert de niro bad probably received a bomb which absolutely makes it a trump supporter were there any doubt before

Yes, some mod in DnD was theorizing it could have been leftists

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Grondoth posted:

The democrats are going to let the republicans kill us all

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

mastershakeman posted:

That's weird. What changed?

I supported (got petition signatures for) Romney in 08 against McCain but voted for myself in the general, didn't support Romney at all in 2012, and then went for Trump (the first like id ever voted for a major party candidate in a prez election, going back to 2000) in 2016 out of anger
Coincidentally I spent 2012-2016 foreclosing on and evicting people and seeing how bad the world sucks

Now I'm just a combination hoxhaist and strasserist because Trump proved anything is possible, but I have no hope anyone listens to me since my friends and family who held elected office are all out of said office and just do lobbying that goes nowhere

What the gently caress

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Yinlock posted:

https://twitter.com/OzKaterji/status/1056893060242661376

of course he reveals his true colors after a millisecond of probing

Your votes belonged to Clinton :qq:

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Bernie is too good for America

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Owlbear Camus posted:

One thing that gets lost in all the re-litigation of 2016 is the absolute, impervious inevitability of it succdems were pushing until like 36 hours before the polls opened. I do remember the last couple days the messaging tone did change to a little more concerned.

But right up to that point I remember hearing/seeing multiple, multiple times the messaging "Look leftists, you can get on board for the big win; but it's not going to matter because we don't even need your votes. You're nothing"

The idea that 3rd party voters following their conscience was a real threat, a big fat dolchtoss was a post-facto construction from hindsight, not any kind of sagacious warning they gave beforehand.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Spergin Morlock posted:

wait a minute, you mean the brother of the COO of NYSE is a succliberal? who could have guessed

Remember that bit he did where he mocked transgender women

Goddamn libs

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sedge and Bee posted:

Louis Farrakhan and NoI are black reactionary politics, and it's telling that Vox and other media can only interpret them as far left. A tacit admission that right wing politics are by definition white supremacist ones, even in their reasonable person, rational debate minds.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
What the gently caress

Is a mongol Celt

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Gonna piss on Obungler’s grave if I can

:rip:

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Succ zone: lovely Democrats are going to blow the 2018 election by appealing to moderates instead of running on a bold progressive platform that appeals to the left

Also succ zone: if the Democrats win the 2018 election after appealing to moderates instead of running on a bold progressive platform that speaks to the left, their victory certainly can't be attributed to their appeal to moderates working

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

It’s incredible how WJ is so white and sheltered that he still gets to keep his pre-2016 brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I will swear my fealty to whoever de-mods Lighting Knight, who is apparently a grammar nazi