Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 minutes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation
we never got those deleted emails

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation
to: Podesta, John

Tayne

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation

OmanyteJackson posted:

:thunk:

fake edit: looking through this accounts timeline may have given me an aneurysm, holy poo poo

It pains me to say it, but that baby hippo has to die for the good of the discourse.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation

Fiend posted:

To all the goons who are Russian bots and are trying to destroy are democracy: knock it off

nyet

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation
https://twitter.com/45_resign/status/1018325848380837888

lmao

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation

Nikita Khrushchev posted:

lol Kevin de Leon won the CA Dem endorsement

lmfao

gently caress Dianne Feinstein and her stupid rear end confederate flag

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation

A curse on those who oppose The Lion Kevin

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation

Missingnoleader posted:

What does this victory mean?

KDL finished second in the jungle primary, meaning he and Feinstein are both running for the general election in November and nobody else. The CA Democratic party itself endorsing him over Feinstein means he'll have more institutional support, despite her being first place in the primary.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation

Raskolnikov38 posted:

and also her being the sitting senator which makes it extra extreme lol

The top two jungle primary has only been around since 2010 too, lmao.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation
I can't believe the guy calling himself L'etat cest Moi favors the crusty old establishment figure.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation

Dairy Tariff posted:

who the gently caress unironically wants to keep Feinstein in jesus christ

Only 6,665,000 voters participated in the jungle primary out of a total registered voter population of 18.2 million, and succdems are claiming Dianne Feinstein getting only 3 million votes is some kind of mandate for the general election.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation

gradenko_2000 posted:

where are all these centrists getting the idea that someone like de Leon would endanger the Mueller investigation in the first place? Like, I don't think he would vote against something to protect the investigation... it's just that he also probably wouldn't vote against M4A either

Committee appointments are by seniority, right? Maybe they think Feinstein will be replaced with a Republican.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation

ok but what does she think about the 1967 borders? :qq:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation

Skypie posted:

imagine wanting an 85 year old to resign/die in office before letting a younger person take over instead of just voting for the young guy who has an actual platform

I can easily imagine being a self-absorbed piece of poo poo who thinks public officials should serve until the day they die.

The real question is why Dianne Feinstein didn't retire for the last round of senatorial elections, and tried keeping her rictus grip on that seat. If she serves the full new term she'll be in her 90s for christ's sake. Give it up.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation
Confederate flag. Ancient geriatric. What if Dianne Feinstein wants to break the glass ceiling for being the female Strom Thurmond?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation

Has anyone told Ocasio-Cortez that she's a tool of the White Man (((BERNIE SANDERS)))?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation

he’s still got it

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation

not a cult posted:

he looks like a video game character, these people are brainless
the walk across the pedestrian crossing is great

the prosthetics are convincing enough to pass as plastic surgery. ever seen the Bogdanofs?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation

not a cult posted:

those solitary 2 brain cells you have

lower

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation
The title video where he does Krav Maga bullshit is too perfect.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation
got ‘im

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation

Agean90 posted:

i kind of get the feeling that ro is actually legit about wanting to do progressive politics, he's just kinda bad at it so he need a good kick in the rear every once in a while. i dont think anyone would do a leadership move like this if they wernt serious about doing at least a few of the good policies.

He has an exceptionally good foreign policy position for a congressman, which I can respect.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation
I wonder what libs think they can do that will somehow stop political espionage.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

well, two-factor authentication is beyond them, so...

They really would rather go to war with Russia instead of paying for better security.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation

spacetoaster posted:

Republicans wouldn't allow it. :colbert:

you need congressional approval to cease illegal activities

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation

Barry Convex posted:

another factor is that on most issues where the left has had proven success in moving the Overton window to the left post-2016 (m4a, ICE, etc.), we have the advantage of being able to make easily understood, maximalist demands. russiagate, on the other hand, is an issue where the prevailing liberal narrative (“Soviet Russia engaged in an act of war to install their puppet as US President”) is a lot simpler than anything Klion or anyone else on the concerned-about-Russiagate left can come up with as a response

It isn't just a matter of being simpler, being a leftist who is concerned about Russiagate is politically meaningless. There's nothing to propose that isn't happening already.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation

quote:

You use the term the occupation of Palestine, what did you mean by that?

AOC: Oh– I think, what I meant is that the settlements that are increasing in some of these areas and places where Palestinians are experiencing difficulty in access to housing and homes.

Do you think you can expand on that?

AOC: Yeah I think — I am not the expert on geo-politics on this issue. You now, for me, I’m a firm believer in finding a two-state solution in this issue [Hoover nods approvingly]. And I’m happy to sit down with leaders on both of these… for me, I just look at things through a human rights lens, and I may not use the right words– I know this is a very intense issue.

Oh God this is the worst

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation

Oh my tummy. I don't feel so good.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation
I can’t take much more of Democrats making the worst decisions every time. even stopped clocks are right twice a day.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

honestly from that interview it just sounds like she knows jack poo poo about i/p

She knew enough to be right the first time. She’s revising her opinions because she thinks that she has to represent the whole district and not the people who got her elected.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation

Raskolnikov38 posted:

are people still mad that the new-to-politics and former-bartender has not developed a solution to the I/P conflict that has eluded everyone else since 1948

She’s afraid to stick by her own statements that accurately described Israel’s presence in Palestine as an occupation. if she can’t stick to something that’s obviously true then what else can she be pushed on? she’s expected to have a backbone.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation

quote:

our idiot president

finally a liberal criticism of Trump that makes sense!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation

literally the problems are bad but the causes are good tweet

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation

Lessail posted:

She missed her chance to fulfill any greater ambition she might have had lmao

all we need is a regulatory agency that tells bad companies to stop it and that they are very naughty, and the problem will be solved forever

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation
Pearl Clutching Harbor

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation
We have things to fear. Many fearful things. But the most important thing to fear of all is the cyber.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation

Lambert posted:

These people don't even have a plan to stop "the Russian takeover". No one is proposing any reforms to state election law (like getting rid of voting computers and machines) or possible ways to transform the Republic to be more representative. Being very concerned on Twitter won't change anything.

https://twitter.com/MollyMcKew/status/1019027835556687873

The plan is to literally go to war with Russia.

quote:

What Clausewitz called the center of gravity is no longer the physical environment of the opponent’s capital city, but it could be the elements of the nation’s institutions. And we won’t be able to count our daily dead or counter the enemy’s advances by “fielding” new battlefield equipment. But in the information age, the intelligence and leadership of our fighters—those in uniform and those in civilian clothes—becomes paramount. The old formula of resistance to an enemy is accomplished by either affecting his will to fight or his means of fighting. So far, we have neither deterred Russian behavior nor its means of attack. Today, we may even have given them additional license to believe they can continue.

This is the closest the article ever comes to formulating a real response, instead of shrieking about the US government doing nothing in the face of a Pearl Harbor-level act of war. What does she mean by "affecting his will to fight or his means of fighting?" Are we going to cut Russia off from the internet?

Pener Kropoopkin fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Jul 17, 2018

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation

basic hitler posted:

Its all fake right? These people whining about berniebspending too much time shining a light on income inequality are just deranged morons and people propagating this poo poo for a paycheck right? Normal people arent going "hmm yeah starvation wages and grinding your workers into bone dust is bad but how often is bernie shrieking about Russia? Not enough if you ask me."?

It's hard to imagine why middle class professionals pulling six figures a year don't think income inequality is worth caring about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation

basic hitler posted:

I dont feel like job secure professionals exist in sufficient numbers to matter anymore lol

There's 1,315,000 licensed lawyers in the United States. Not all of them make a lot of money, but that's enough to have a big presence on twitter alone, and an outsized influence on the government because of the legal profession.