Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

https://twitter.com/curaffairs/status/1025020481114697729

The article itself every bit as bad as you think. Basically stop attacking this judge because decorum and he's the most qualified

"Since then, I’ve kept in regular contact with the judge, mostly to talk about kids and work-life balance, including the challenges I’ve had as a woman trying to raise two children while practicing law. Kavanaugh is a great listener, and one of the warmest, friendliest and kindest individuals I know."

Oh good, he's your friend so he should be on the SC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lastgirl posted:

Bernie, extremely Walter White voice:] I won

"Say my name"
"Maple Grandpa"
"You're GOD drat right"

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jose posted:

They're going to ratfuck Bernie

All of this has happened before. All of this will happen again.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Still mostly succ. Dems shouldn't be legitimizing him as a candidate until at least after the midterms

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shear Modulus posted:

lol is this another deal where schumer and the democrats get jack poo poo

No, they get Political Capital, which is useful for all sorts of things like

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The best Civil War would be a class war

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

nah posted:

You know how to get Democrats to run candidates that "appeal" to you? Join the loving party and vote in the loving primaries.

we tried that and got ratfucked

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The greatest triumph of the American ruling classwas getting us all to fight each other over red vs blue politics instead of being as righteously livid as we should be and rising against them

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Probably Magic posted:

Joe Biden, who stated his favorite scripture was about condemning the Sadduccees before saying, "There are a lot of Sadduccees in Washington," who spent his entire VP debate laughing at Paul Ryan (which admittedly was the coolest thing he's ever done) is now going to lecture us all about decorum.

Ok but "lol now he is John Kennedy!" was loving hilarious

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Phone posted:

lol i wonder if people will still yell at you if you point out that mike piss is probably a worse choice for president since his brain technically still works

Part of me wonders if the sudden talk of the 25th is the Republicans' doing in order to get Trump out in a way that doesn't take Pence out too. Because anything that takes Trump out on the Mueller front will almost certainly implicate Pence as well.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tubgoat posted:

According to the show, do the Ferengi experience the more rapacious consequences of Capital on their worlds/in their systems? Starvation, homelessness, wars of conquest, etc? I don't know enough of the lore.

The union episode shows that they generally quash any anti-capitalist movements right quick.

Ferengi culture is like Ron Paul paradise, where everything is so unregulated that it ends up being self-regulating in order to compete. It's really not much more of a fantasy than a Federation that has no currrency at all

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Bagels are delicious though I bet Nazis would eat them even

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Victory Position posted:

that had to have been like 40 shots

goddamnit, gently caress cops

wow look at this Monday Morning quarterbacking, what, would you rather have had the hostage's throat slit instead of 40 bullets riddling her body?!?

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Main Paineframe posted:

then how about the Great Society, which incorporated both civil rights legislation and a War on Poverty?

shame about all the wars, though

2008 was practically a free win, though

Honestly 2016 was a free win to any candidate who had just a teeny bit less succ. Look how close the margin was.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

quote:

No candidate deserves anyone's vote specifically, but everyone is sure as gently caress obligated to show up and vote for the best candidate on the ballot, even if that is a "least bad" scenario.

:wrong:

Edit: On this note, do you think Ocasio-Cortez wins the primary in a world where Clinton is President? The leftist pushback against voting for least bad is absolutely having an impact.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nothus posted:

lol this dude trying to regain control of his shitpost cartoon is like Buddhists trying to reclaim the swastika.

If I could make money suing people for misappropriating my shitposts I would do it all day erry day

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shear Modulus posted:

the people melting down over the emergency alert system deserve are soooo close to realizing maybe there shouldnt be a single uber-emperor president with essentially unlimited authority

not sure why giving trump the authority to send everyone and unblockable phone alert is the bridge too far and not having given him the authority to blow up the entire world

I suspect he hasn't had launch authority in many months. They took it away from Nixon for far less, and that was during the Cold War.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Graphic posted:

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1041693341912637440

Get ready for the succs self-fellating on this even though they did their best to bury the rape story.

Dude isn't known for withdrawing, that is the problem

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

In an era of gross people, this is a new level

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Addamere posted:

Let them, and impeach/prosecute them all.

:decorum: tho

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Muppets On PCP posted:

and of course that's assuming your registration magically doesn't revert back to unaffiliated when it comes time to vote in the next primary 11 months after the registration deadline

This legit happened to my girlfriend, who happens to be in Sanders' main demo. So weird!

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

She's running

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The pre-game celebration in the D&D Trump thread feels eerily identical to that of 2016 pre-November

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Darqueezius Jones posted:

He will do what the democrats couldn't. He will help them.

Succ Zone comedy aside, this really feels like it's making future terrorists of a vector we didn't have to worry about before

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

We're hurtling into the Shadowrun Future, this is just a precursor to the Ghost Dance.

This whole thread gonna be Trolls

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Barry Convex posted:

dating sim succ

https://twitter.com/xoxogossipgita/status/1046830524306788352?s=21

this could work were it intended to parody poo poo like Notorious RBG, but nope, it sounds like the devs are just Sorkin-poisoned liberals and the premise is played more or less straight

I don't think you or anyone who cares about politics or being a normal human being is the core demo for this

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Thoguh posted:

Important news, Succ Zone. I got a sample ballot in the mail yesterday and learned that I live in House District 69,

nice

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ytlaya posted:

This really can't be understated. I was old enough to remember how the virtually unquestioned liberal consensus was "it's absurd to punish the president for adultery, and this whole thing is just a dishonest Republican attack" (and that was among the better liberals; the worse ones flat-out attacked Lewinsky). There was zero (mainstream, at least) discussion about the power dynamics or Lewinsky being a victim.

In fairness, 20 years ago American society was still very much in the "it is her own drat fault" regarding sexual assaults or affairs

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mastershakeman posted:

If Trump hadn't been elected it still would be and immediately will return to that the second he's out of office

Nah it was shifting before that

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

"That's a hell of an act. What do you call it?"
"Hashtag TheResistance"

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Liberal derangement is seriously the most concerning thing about the near-political future, and if they carry this out all the way to 2020 then Trump is gonna win again.

They have a serious inability to grasp how loving pissed the average leftist is at the party

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

etalian posted:

Meanwhile some more bad people are ruining decorum

https://twitter.com/LAKauffman/status/1048180988361302017

This new trend of confronting shithead politicians at their homes and when they are trying to eat at restaurants is my favorite thing

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Raskolnikov38 posted:

anybody capable of understanding fractions is going to come the conclusion "warren was lying and trump was right" though

We are talking about Republicans here

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Does this make Trump Chaos Undivided?

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lastgirl posted:

it'll be impossible for them to do it, it will be a plank forever

Well, more like 12 years

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

comedyblissoption posted:

can you name a single broad issue that dems haven't in aggregate made worse or tried to make worse during and after the clinton and obama administrations

quote:

the only two policy positions that dems in aggregate have not worsened are lgbt rights and abortion

there's two

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

how do libs plan on dealing with a legitimacy crisis? they think its fascism to yell at politicians who put children in cages so i dont know how they plan to fight an illegitimate government

They don't even have the balls to say that large swaths of empty land getting more votes than ones full of people is bullshit.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

if they gently caress up again, just write in Gritty for every candidate

poo poo I was trying to think of someone to write in for every unopposed R in my district when I vote in a few minutes. Thanks!

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

so the issue isnt that she wasnt registered or they couldnt verify her registration. the issue is it was specifically cancelled so she cant do a provisional ballot or anything. she has to go through a whole process to challenge the cancellation.

This seems like bullshit, I'd try the ACLU line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jazerus posted:

we regret to inform you that x-wings are actually the f-35 of space and therefore are not $25

X-Wings were built by Incom Corporation, so the analogy is celebrating war profiteering I guess